Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: You are a dragon awakening from slumber, the suggestion game, Update #18 Huzzah!  (Read 21911 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: You are a dragon awakening from slumber, the suggestion game
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 05:16:26 pm »

Ask the humans what year it is, and what has happened since we have slumbered. Then eat them.

keep the females, we need hostages.

But human flesh is so tasty...

hostages = more human flesh
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 05:42:36 pm »

We don't know WHAT'S going on.
Better safe than sorry.
Ask questions first.
Avoid "Filthy Peasant."
Perhaps "Mortal."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 07:15:14 pm »

We don't know WHAT'S going on.
Better safe than sorry.
Ask questions first.
Avoid "Filthy Peasant."
Perhaps "Mortal."

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 07:44:16 pm »

First Contact

is the boat Alive!? If it is, we may not have as much of an advantage speed-wise as we may think.

That seems unlikely. But deciding to be cautious, you circle around the boat and examine it. Unusually, its hull seems to be painted almost completely white, with no wood visible at all. Also strange, it's clearly moving forward despite the sail being tied to the mast. And the growling seems to be coming from the water itself at the back of the boat, yet you see no creature that could be making such a sound. Is it possible the humans have captured some ocean creature, built a boat on top of it and compelled it to push?

eat the boat.
Indeed
put this strange and querulous creature out of its misery. 

So many unanswered questions, but of this you are certain: these creatures are no match for you. You circle around again and approach from the front. The humans are clustered to the rear. Even if they should happen to look in your direction the mast will obscure your arrival. Hugging the water line, you listen to their conversation as you approach.

"Oh my sides! How could you live with yourself after that?"

"I was in boarding school at time. Goodness, I never thought I'd still be hearing about it today."

They never hear you coming. In a well-practiced maneuver, you simultaneously grip the bow of the boat with your hind claws, while raking the lines holding the mast in place with your fore. To your great surprise, the lines provide considerably more resistance than expected, and your rake severs only half of them. Upon closer inspection you see that they are not rope, but metal. Annoyed by the delay, you reach in and grab the mast with one hand and yank it completely free from the boat, the remaining lines snapping with the smell of metal in the process.

This reveals the entirely of your form to the already screaming humans.

eat the boat.

You inspect the metal mast in your hands while the humans scream, and one of the males disappears below deck. Like the lines that held it in place, the mast seems to be made of some sort of metal. Holding yourself in the air with your wings, and pulling the front end of the boat slightly out of the water with your hind legs, you cautiously smell the mast. It is a metal that is completely unfamiliar to you. It neither iron, nor copper, nor steel, nor any metal or alloy known to you. Squeezing it reveals that it is hollow. Curious.

You tear a piece from the mass and toss it into your mouth, tasting it experimentally before swallowing it whole. It lacks the flavor of iron, but is lighter on your tongue. It is not as distasteful as copper, but altogether you are not very fond of it, whatever it is. You discard it into the water.

Glancing back to the three remaining humans, one female has curled up into a ball on the deck, while the other two hold flat squarish objects in their hands. The woman still standing is holding hers to the side of her head, while the male is pointing his at you with arm fully extended.

Then eat them.
Consume the humans as well.

keep the females

"911 help this an emergency" the standing woman screams. "Oh my god please help!"

More numbers. You wonder why these humans seem so preoccupied with them. Still, she seems to be no threat. You grab the male in one hand and force him into your mouth, head first and screaming as you bite down, and then silent as you lurch your head forward and bite down a second time to consume his legs.

"It's a fucking dragon!" the female screams. "We're on a boat I have no fucking clue but there's a dragon oh my god it just ate Kenny!"

She seems to be talking to the object in her hand. As you ponder this, the other male returns from below deck holding a metal stick. It seems too well rounded to be a weapon, but it smells of steel.

"Meet Winchester, you scaly bastard!" he cries, as simultaneously a loud boom erupts in your ears, the smell of something unfamiliar burning fills the air, and something taps the armor beneath your jaw. So it seems it was a weapon after all.

You slash with a single claw, tearing both the weapon and entire upper torso from the man and into the water. Then, allowing your full weight to come crashing down, you swallow what remains of his legs and take a mouthful out of the boat in the process. Whatever material the hull is made of, it is not wood and tastes bland.

"AAAaAaaaayyyyyiiieieeeeeeee!!!!!" the two women scream, the braver of the two now having fallen to the deck with her companion.

The water recoil following your plunge completely submerges the boat, and you note that while the growling at the back continues, there seems to be no creature pushing it from beneath as you previously suspected. You grip the hull with your hind feet and flap your wings a few times to lift it sufficiently clear of the water then release it. Its buoyancy helps tremendously, but even so it seems lighter than you expected for its size.

Ask the humans what year it is, and what has happened since we have slumbered.
Ask questions first.
Avoid "Filthy Peasant."
Perhaps "Mortal."
+1

"YOU! MORTAL! WHAT YEAR IS IT?"

Now drenched and clutching to a metal guard rail, she is too busy whining and crying incomprehensibly to respond. Her companion, meanwhile, seems to have lost consciousness, and from the smell...control of her bowels, as well. This, at least, is familiar. Usually if you simply wait, they come to terms with their situation and regain their ability to speak. However, you're not really built for hovering, and it's a bit tiresome holding yourself stationary in the air. Meanwhile the boat is clearly unable to support your weight. If this conversation is to be a long - your thought is interrupted by a new voice:

"Ma'am, please stay on the line. Help is on the way."

It seems to be coming from the small object the woman was speaking to before. She's now holding it tightly to her chest.

What do you do?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »

Regardless of anything else, its clear that some form of reinforcement is coming.  Grab the female human, and skedaddle.  Head for the nearest, quietest piece of land.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nunzillor

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2015, 09:01:47 pm »

Regardless of anything else, its clear that some form of reinforcement is coming.  Grab the female human, and skedaddle.  Head for the nearest, quietest piece of land.
+1
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:26:48 pm by Nunzillor »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2015, 09:38:57 pm »

Man. I didn't want to bother with this because the premise seemed dumb, but the writing's drawn me in anyway.

Let's claim and then examine the talking object, if we can retrieve it without crushing it. Noisemaking baubles would explain a lot about the current state of the world, and we've already got a proof of concept in the boat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nunzillor

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2015, 09:40:04 pm »

It's the guy behind Marooned in Morrowind, what did you expect?  Of course it's awesome.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2015, 10:07:37 pm »

Puzzle piece

Grab the female human, and skedaddle.  Head for the nearest, quietest piece of land.
+1

You carefully pick up woman with the speaking box in your left front hand.

"No! No!" she screams. "Noooo!!!!!"

Humans are relatively delicate compared to cattle, but they're also very light, allowing you to carry her with the front rather than with the hind legs. That makes landing easier. You're able to fly carrying a cow in each of your hind claws, but they generally don't survive the landing when you do.

Taking to the air you scan the horizon for suitable landing spots. The closest would be what's left of your island. And you know that it's uninhabited. You head in that direction. The woman, meanwhile, continues talking to her box.

"No! Don't hang up!" she pleads. "Please don't hang up we're flying please please don't let me die!"

Curious, you listen in as the box repllies.

"I'm sorry Sophie, the-"

"Please don't hang up please!"

"-coastguard can't locate you if you're-"

"I don't wanna die!"

"-on the phone with me. I'm hanging up now-"

"No!!!!"

"-and I promise they'll call you right back."

"No!" she wails.

You're unsure what to make of this. Is this woman a criminal? It seems as if some guardian of the coast intends to execute her via hanging. The box itself seems to be making a faint hissing noise, near the upper range of your hearing. Then there is a click, and it goes silent.

"Noooooo!!! ple-meghrhaaaaaaahhh!!" the woman wails through choked sobs.

For a moment it seems that those who sought to execute her have lost contact. Then the box resumes hissing, and you hear a comically cheerful melody.

"Yes!" she cries. "I'm here! Help please help!"

"Her Majesty's coastguard, is this Sophie?"

"Yes! Help me please I'm please help oh help!"

"We're triangulating now. We've pinpointed your location to within 3 nautical miles and will be with you shortly. Please stay on the line."

Noisemaking baubles would explain a lot about the current state of the world

Indeed. If you understand what's being said, it seems that the humans have learned to use devices to communicate outside their own hearing range. And if this most recent voice on the box is to be believed, they are capable of tracking these boxes. You rotate your ears around and listen to the mad cacophony around you. Are all these noises, humans with boxes? Possibly. Or there might be more to this. The voice of the guardian just now came from the box, you did not hear it from the distance. How could the box hear the guardian's voice, if you could not? And what are all the hisses and chirps? Are there creatures other than humans also using these boxes?

While you ponder this mystery, it occurs to you that you ate the box that the male on the boat was pointing at you, though you cannot hear it from inside your stomach.

What do you do?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 01:34:27 am »

If the humans are capable of tracking this box, we have to make sure the human lets go of it.  Fly close to the surface of the water, drop the female, then pick her back up.  Then fly away from there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:53 am »

Better yet: Let's interrogate the woman and/or box while keeping on the move. At least one of the two should be able and willing to explain a fair bit, even if accidentally, and staying mobile will give us extra clues about how and why they think they know where to find her.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2015, 02:57:13 am »

Better yet: Let's interrogate the woman and/or box while keeping on the move. At least one of the two should be able and willing to explain a fair bit, even if accidentally, and staying mobile will give us extra clues about how and why they think they know where to find her.
And HOW they think they will find her too.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Nunzillor

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:33 am »

And HOW they think they will find her too.
+1

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2015, 03:53:51 am »

Also, in human terms, help usually equals more humans showing up. Possible food? After all, we WERE asleep for ages. Maybe lure the humans into a trap?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Nunzillor

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:05 am »

New information has come to light.  Information seeming to indicate that humans are perversely powerful.  Perhaps, then, antagonism is not the answer.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:26:40 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14