Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded race referred to as a "nothing"?  (Read 777 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Modded race referred to as a "nothing"?
« on: December 06, 2015, 02:35:32 am »

Keep in mind I'm a novice modder.

Some places instead of using the racial name, it just says "Nothing". The race name shows up under adventurer race, but not in game after your name. And for example a fortress of this race is called a "Nothing fortress".

The [CASTE_NAME] and [NAME] fields exist and are formatted correctly, but have only one field as the name is both plural and singular. I created a this custom race a year or two back, but I didn't encounter this problem. The only other thing I can think of is under entities, the are listed as PLAINS but otherwise use Dwarves as a template, which I copy pasted and then built from that. But then again I would think that wouldn't affect the name of the race itself so much as their towns, fortresses, etc. In Legends mode, the race is also called a "nothing". Basically the only place the actual name is shown is the first adventure mode screen where you select race.

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. Anyone know?

Oh and one quick unreleated question, if a race has BONECARN will they be able to eat other food as well as bones, or just bones?

EDIT: I knew I shouldn't be doing this when I'm sleepy. Easy fix that didn't cross my mind until I was about to quit. The name/caste name field must have 3 entries (singular:plural:adjective) or it freaks out.

If anyone can answer the BONECARN question that'd be super though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:42:57 am by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded race referred to as a "nothing"?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 03:11:55 am »

I'm pretty sure that BONECARN is just CARNIVORE with the further stipulation that says you eat the bones too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:14:07 am by scamtank »

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:54:48 am »

have only one field as the name is both plural and singular

I don't think the name token works like that, and anyway you still need to define the adjective. Anyway if you've still got the original [ENTITY:PLAINS] raw in your files with this new one you're going to be having raw duplication errors too.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 02:24:24 pm »

Thanks for the info on that. I think I'd rather allow them to also eat plants so I'm going to remove BONECARN.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper