Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Military doesn't want to equip armor  (Read 3473 times)

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: Military doesn't want to equip armor
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »

Update: Toady has marked this issue as fixed on Mantis and it's on the changelog. We'll have our properly armoured dorfs soon enough.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »

Fantastic news !
Finally our nicely forged armor will be worn :D

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 08:41:36 pm »

And here I was about to start a cathedral of monks who ran in using only maces and wooden shields with their armor. Well I guess I can wait a while for armor to get fixed.
I just gotta pray that megabeasts do not show up while waiting.  :)
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 09:18:40 pm »

If you're able to get a dwarf completely naked; (I do not know how to force a dwarf to ditch clothes) you will be able to put all individual pieces of armor on. I can only get some parts on my dwarves unless they're already wearing a hood, cap, or a bunch of sweaters.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 09:57:48 pm »

Excellent!

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 10:11:23 pm »

I think df-hack can remedy this, i think it has a way to force clothes off a dwarf but its not updated yet

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 10:33:48 pm »

If you're able to get a dwarf completely naked; (I do not know how to force a dwarf to ditch clothes) you will be able to put all individual pieces of armor on. I can only get some parts on my dwarves unless they're already wearing a hood, cap, or a bunch of sweaters.
Does marking specific items in their inventory for dumping work? I've done that to fortress visitors when I want to take their stuff, but never tried it on residents.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 11:01:59 pm »

All I remember is checking in on my dwarfs and finding that the captain had finally equipped the breastplate I had assigned... and removed everything else. The way he came windmilling at the recruits was terrifying.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »

Does marking specific items in their inventory for dumping work? I've done that to fortress visitors when I want to take their stuff, but never tried it on residents.

It had no effect for me, dumpingor forbidding.

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 08:03:51 am »

Aaaaarggh, I'm almost relieved this is a widespread HORRIBLE bug instead of my being rusty at the overly convoluted system.

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 06:59:57 pm »

So does anyone know any work around's at the moment. Even though a Army of monks sounds cool i would much prefer a army of Steel glad maniacs.   

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 05:37:10 pm »

Dwarven Spartans...

*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”
Pages: 1 [2]