Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 47014 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2016, 05:57:42 am »

A history of a really awesome piece of paper? Sure, Erin is somewhat obsessive about artifact stuff, and particularly awesome items in the fort probably count as such to him... At least until we actually get a strange mood.
Also, yay, he's a successful author!

EDIT: Oh, hey, the fort was founded by the Group of Dragons. That is now why Erin is actually staying here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:59:15 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2016, 08:02:32 am »

Holy shit, those are some great drawings.  Seriously Dunamisdeos, those are about ten times better than what I manage to crank out.

Hmm, that makes me want to draw Onyx getting mauled by a Minotaur now.
Also, how's Onyx's recovery coming along?  I'm assuming slowly as ever?
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »

great drawings, wish I was that good
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2016, 04:13:59 pm »

Ryukan and Erin Quill have been designated! I will update at another time with their profile, I'm out of time today.

Both are scholars, and Mr Quill wrote a book already titled "The Unabridged Blazecooks". It regards the masterwork paper made in Blazecooks during this period. It is rated as, um... not awful. It is however, quite popular. Many citizens have read it. I think we might expand the library soon.

Still though, first "history" book in Blazecook.

Has Greatjon been designated yet?

Yes indeed! The best one by your description was the newest of LadyBrassroast's recruits. Here are the updated Humans.

Additionally, I just saw Ryukan's last name, and I think it needs to be nominated for "most goofy name" in BLAZECOOKS.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:54:09 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2016, 04:31:30 pm »

I dunno, Greatjon Umber Lastfed is last fed because he eats everything that remains.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »

The GRAND TAVERN will be completed shortly. Turns out you can name zones like you can name forts.

I have added a poll with five randomly generated names. Vote discerningly. voting will close either on 4/12/16 or when the tavern is completed, whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:01:32 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Ale is golden, right? If yes, well, gold is also golden. This tavern will likely have a lot of ale. Dragons' lairs often have a lot of gold. Therefore, the tavern should be called the Dragon's Lair.  :D
Moving on, now for Erin Quill!

...So. "Rootedcat". What is that, some kind of cat that's also a plant?
*In-character warning*
Oh, those sound rare and expensive. I bet I could sell 50 to the elves before they realize that I was just giving them wooden cat statues that weren't smoothed.
*In-character complete*

Dieties worshipped... Eh. I was hoping for at least Mobmu, but oh well. Hode seems cool.

I notice that "He is always in love with somebody" yet "tends to form only tenuous emotional bonds with others". Kinda contradictory, I think, but who knows.
Also, he "doesn't focus on material goods". Come on, DF, I wanted him to be an ex-wandering-trader. That doesn't work for that! And the civ is somewhat put off by trade and commerce? No! Bad DF! ...or... HF, I guess? Eh, the game's still DF.

Oh, hey, he dreams of ruling the world. And believes that acquiring power over others is the ideal goal in life.
I don't think that our grand queen is going to be happy about this.

Anyway... So he likes shields, quivers, goblets (I assume that any artifact he might make would be one of those), kimberlite (whatever that is), zinc, the color bronze, and...
Oh? What's this?

cotton paper

Well, that explains the book, then.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:21 pm »

I dunno, Greatjon Umber Lastfed is last fed because he eats everything that remains.

That last name is hilarious. I can just see him eating everything.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »

The GRAND TAVERN will be completed shortly. Turns out you can name zones like you can name forts.

I have added a poll with five randomly generated names. Vote discerningly. voting will close either on 4/12/16 or when the tavern is completed, whichever comes first.

Does he have a lover or wife yet. Any children?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »

Does he have a lover or wife yet. Any children?

Not yet! He's a very recent migrant.

Here's the bottom floor of the tavern, now functional. It contains the brewery (Four stills), tavern storage for cups and instruments, and a general storage shed. The ramps go up to the inn floor, where 13 rooms of various sizes are being constructed for future visitors (I really hope we get some visitors).

Spoiler: Das Breweries (click to show/hide)

Also, I've noticed that the people of BLAZECOOKS have similar styles. For instance, they all have very long, straight hair (even the military) in shades of brown and rarely black. Skin tends to be sun-tanned-colored, and they also lean towards broad faces and bodies.

I forgot how that's a thing.

Also, it's time to dig deep. I am tired of having nothing but copper to outfit the militia.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:09:59 pm by Dunamisdeos »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2016, 06:13:23 pm »

Make Way for Lord Potgerbils!!!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2016, 09:14:04 pm »

Also, I've noticed that the people of BLAZECOOKS have similar styles. For instance, they all have very long, straight hair (even the military) in shades of brown and rarely black. Skin tends to be sun-tanned-colored, and they also lean towards broad faces and bodies.
And upturned noses. Sounds kinda elfy, or noble-esque, with noses that are just perpetually turned up at others. The have to look down their noses at you.
N-not to be heretical and all, but are we sure that these guys aren't just half-elves who only inherited the hair length and noses from the elves, and everything else from the humans?
Or maybe I'm just visualizing it wrong. It's probably just Erin. (Y'know, narrow ears and his dislike for helping others. Very elfy stuff, mates.)

Oh, and Erin Quill says that he wants all the cotton paper stuff sheets and rolls that you can possibly get him. He needs it for a study on how real dragons react to paper-mache ones.

...I'm just the messenger, people. I don't get it either.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2016, 09:33:54 pm »

We have no cotton paper. It is all rope reed paper. Erin must pine another day for his preferred writestuffs.

Anyway, the tavern is very close to being finished. Furniture is being queued for crafting, as well as a few hundred mugs/cups. Instruments, too.

We have no performers. Do we want those?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:27 pm »

The bar needs performers with trombones. They can make the funny drunken slur noises that play whenever cartoon characters are dazed or drunk, and they should do that whenever somebody orders anything.
Anything.

Anything.

The trombones might also be called sackbutts. No, really, that's what they used to be called.

By the way, what type of paper was the masterwork paper that Erin wrote about? Also rope reed?
And the paper thing is more supposed to be a running joke. If Erin ever has a strange mood, or somebody moves into a house he has lived in, I already have an idea of how to describe the state of the place... :P ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:31:09 pm by Glass »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.06
« Reply #239 on: April 08, 2016, 04:16:32 pm »

I upgraded to 42.06 today. Onyx is successfully wielding two iron shields.

We have the backup that is still at 42.03 in case it doesn't work out. I saw that certain bugs that were fixed in 42.06 (exported wealth, for instance) which might prevent visitors? Also I want to make statues with specific imagery to plant about town.

The population cap has also been raised to 150 with a higher cap on kids.

More updates later today.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:13:37 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31