Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46946 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:05 pm »

I think I understand!

----------------
You'll also need those plug-protectors (little plastic doohikeys that keep junior from frying his/her poor widdle brain when exploring the room by touching and tasting it.)  You'd be surprised how much
babies resemble dwarves in their decision making algorithm.  Unfortunately, a fussy baby is often the same as one with a "special mood".  Sometimes burps and milk suffice, but sometimes the little tyke is heartbroken because they were scared by a passing glint of light on the wall or the rumble of a truck three blocks away.
---------------

So, alcohol and mushrooms then. I'm glad I came here for advice. Do you have to give them multiple types of alcohol, or will mushroom wine do it?

Nah, just kidding though. We've got cabinet locks and plug protectors all happening. Apparently he's orienting himself for birth a month early, so I might have my hands full a bit earlier than I thought. The real question is how long before I can get him to play a community fort with me.  8)

Many people dab a bit of cooking sherry on a binky when they're teething - the alcohol soothes their gums and at the same time stimulates their palates, so that they develop their taste buds more fully.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

bluemovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2016, 01:10:56 am »

This is the end?  :(
Sorry for my english

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »

No sir! I may have a lot on my plate (rearranged entire living and dining room to allow more play space for dunababy today), but BLAZECOOKS III will not end!

Actually, we have something of a snow day today where I am. I hope to get this year finished.

Minor updates include a new z-level to the wall being half-finished, and a new scholar added to the library. Still no new books, not sure what's up with that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:41:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2016, 05:36:08 pm »

Anyone have any idea why a human might not pray to their deity? LadyBrassroast is badly distracted about not being able to pray to Quamun, God of Love, despite there being a shrine around for months and being off duty.

Also, here's something you don't see everyday.

Still haven't finished the year. So much happening.

Progress has also been made towards getting Her Magnificent Communist Majesty Queen Amperzand married. She has quickly made friends with her intended, that being a communist jeweler.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:54:00 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

bluemovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2016, 03:28:08 am »

Im glad to know that you're still running. Can I still take human? Warrior which pray for some evil gods?
Sorry for my english

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2016, 03:20:25 pm »

Im glad to know that you're still running. Can I still take human? Warrior which pray for some evil gods?

You shall have the next best warrior in the lead squad.

Also, I can't wrap my brain around tombs that are not underground. Therefore, all tombs will be underground, preferably with some kind of lever puzzle to unlock.

Sadly, block pushing puzzles are not a thing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:41:26 pm by Dunamisdeos »

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2016, 04:24:45 pm »

Man me, big boy.

Nines McGee, custom profession of Demon Lord, actual profession up to you.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2016, 04:51:00 pm »

Man me, big boy.

We need a new, larger tavern with multiple barkeeps. All of the best barkeeps have nicknames.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2016, 05:26:21 pm »

Man me, big boy.

We need a new, larger tavern with multiple barkeeps. All of the best barkeeps have nicknames.
That'll do nicely. That'll do nicely indeed....
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 05:30:21 pm »

What's our child pop?  I should be popping 1 kid a year.  I demand winter off for tavern partying and other merry making.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »

Honestly it's been like..... 4 months since you got married. I've decided that the only way to move this along is to meticulously designate everything and the thing running for a couple hours.

For instance, all present farmland has been zoned for THE NEW TAVERN (pending). Therefore an entire hill, about 50x50 tiles has been clear cut and is designated to be leveled. This newly planned sector of the city will also contain presses, farmer's workshops, etc.

Additionally, the spot where noble's cabins currently stands will become part of the artisan's quarter. That specific spot will be for weaving.

::UPDATE::
Another siege. This is the third siege this year. What did we do to deserve this?

At any rate, the iron will be helpful. Time for our esteemed military to show off again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:34:36 pm by Dunamisdeos »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »

Did I ever get married to anyone?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2016, 08:38:23 pm »

Did I ever get married to anyone?

No, you're after the Queen. At that point, the starting 7 will be married, since one of em' died under mysterious circumstances...

Siege seems smaller than usual, with only two squads of goblins. LadyBrassroast, Chaotic, and Pakabol are assembled with their squads in the path of the goblins.

[Bluemovie Mobbedtrammel] is now a Hammerman in LadyBrassroast's militia, wielding a *Silver Maul*. At present he has two kills, and is an adept Hammerman. He used to be my favorite, because his first name was Dik. I really need to update the OP post.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:58:41 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2016, 05:26:10 pm »

SIEGE REPORT - 2nd of Moonstone, Year 07

Goblins - 20 dead, wiped out to the man.
Blazecooks - 16 fought, 1 dead.

*Apparently the act of naming BlueMovie caused him to ascend to some higher plane of whoop-ass, because out of the 20-ish goblins that arrived he killed nine. (all non-notable, but still). His previous total kill count across three sieges was 2. Of note is that this was his first combat with his shiny new *SILVER MAUL*.

*Chaotic has again been horribly injured, with his foot having exploded. Only a sensory nerve was injured so he should walk again. He did perform much better this time, having fought three goblins simultaneously to a stalemate (and injuring all of them). He continued to fight whilst prone. I have no idea why he is always targeted so hard, maybe his armor is obnoxious or something.

*MC LadyBrassroast is uninjured, having added three notable goblins to her kill list. She seems completely unimpressed at her foes, and feels consistently unsatisfied with the level of challenge they offer. She audibly scoffed at each of her kills (one pictured).

*Multiple humans made the transition from recruit/wrestler to actual soldier (axeman, maceman etc).

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:31:57 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2016, 09:25:21 am »

Can i be humand as a hammerman plz?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31