Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46899 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2016, 02:53:12 am »

Obviously he needs to get killed as frequently as possible.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2016, 02:50:30 pm »

So I'm thinking an underground temple with a vault, maybe some tests needed to get in. Jehovah starts with an [ I ] and all that.

I think I'll park it underneath the death pyramid. Anyway, might have an update today? Tomorrow at the latest.

Also, we might now be the last bastion of humanity in our civilization. Just got another report of a conquering by the goblins. I think there were only 3 sites, now down to one: us.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:32:20 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

*YEAR 06 REPORT*

Notable instances include:

Sanctumea + Daparrot have become lovers. Congratulations. Conversely, Queen Amperzand absolutely hates Daparrot, and is carrying a Grudge.

LadyBrassroast has exactly no friends. I have taken the entire militia off duty, because that is unacceptable. 5 years of constant training is enough, for now. She has built a formidable militia, which is replenished to 10, with iron weapons. They are all armored in copper.

Chaotic Skies (AKA Chaotic Sizzledtone in game) has been named Captain of the Guard. Daparrot became depressed due to "being unable to practice a craft" and "being unable to practice a martial skill" or some such. He has been drafted into Chaotic's City Guard, which has allieved but not cured his condition.

Improvements to the city include a riverside clinic, a functioning library, and the near-completion of the Royal Mansion. There is also a 3-wide wall surrounding the city entire. It's only 1x tall for now, but it will be 3z tall when completed.

I was concerned that we were the only site left, but 7 migrants arrived. Apparently there’s somewhere still left, but I've gotten multiple reports of conquerings.

Wolfhunter began his first research project on the 15th of Opal, Year 06, Mid-Winter, and wrote a novel. It's called "Brews and the Butcher", and it's apparently not half bad.

Oh, and we designated mining for an underground tomb for Queen Amperzand I. It will require puzzles and/or tests of skill to unlock after burial. Pictures once it's a bit further along. It's directly underneath the budding PYRAMID OF DEATH.

Spoiler: Clinic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overview: Armok Vision (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overview: DF Vision (click to show/hide)

The overview came out much better this time. The town spawls enough that it cannot fit in one overview in regular DF-vision.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:30:06 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »

I was worried about this for a bit there! :P

Good to see it's humming along.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2016, 05:54:59 pm »

There was a lot of "busywork" this year! Lots of designating and meticulous designation and construction. For instance, there's a lot of vaulted/multistory ceilings. Those take like, 5x as long to build.

After the wall is 3z high with fluting, I need to address the housing issue. We have some homeless folks, and the means to build medium-to-large scale mass housing. What do you guys think those should be like? Probably apartment style, but anything other "rules"?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »

Make one big housing-skyscraper?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »

Nahhhh, it shouldn't be anything that would be impossible to actually construct in the RL's, or with period-accurate tech.

I could probably have a few central, tall buildings to house everyone. But one would have to be like, 20z high.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2016, 08:25:56 pm »

20 stories is easy, just use steel structural bracing. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »

20 stories is easy, just use steel structural bracing. :V

We don't even have iron!!!! We don't even have tin!!! We do have gold. Maybe we can just plate the building in gold and have it stand based solely on its swag integrity.

Also, 27 migrants just arrived to punctuate our problem.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2016, 08:50:51 pm »

stand based solely on its swag integrity.

I approve. Ensure that there is a red star emblazoned upon the front. For communism!
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

Everything is moving along nicely. The royal mansion is almost complete, but I'm having trouble bringing everything up to royal quality. Our most common precious metal is silver, so I've been making everything out of that, but I might have to scrounge up some gold.

What's the best alloy for furniture in terms of value? We have almost every precious metal in Some quantity.

The current delay has been another siege. We are much more prepared, this time.

Also, LadyBrassroast has made some friends.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »

Yaaaaay! An AI named after my username on a forum made friends! This actually helps me with my self-esteem issues!

No, it actually does. I felt genuinely happy upon reading that announcement, and then realizing that for the first time in a while, I have several close friends IRL.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »

Base Metal Values:
Aluminum 40
Platinum 40
Gold 30
Iron 10
Silver 10
Bismuth   2
Copper 2
Lead 2
Nickel 2
Tin 2
Zinc 2

Alloys (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Metal)

Electrum 20. 1 Gold + 1 Silver.
However, if you get silver from Galena or Tetrahedryte, then you gain some value.

edit: A bang for the value per tile:
Well: high value items for block, chain, mechanism, and bucket.
Weapon trap with 10 weapons and mechanism.

Steel 20, doubles the value of iron at cost of flux and coke/coal.

Rosegold 23, but it's 3 Gold + 1 Copper.  You lose materials for a +3 value gain.

Bronze 5. Tin + Copper

Bismuth Bronze 6. Tin + 2 Copper + Bismuth

-- Other than furniture, space and engraved surface and walls adds value.  And statues.

edit: for value per tile,
Well : high value block, mechanism, chain and bucket
Weapon Trap: 10x masterful weapons and mechanism
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:45:46 pm by Sanctume »

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »

For the housing problem, I'd suggest the classic medieval solution: a big slum outside the city walls proper. Dirt floors, small buildings, and plenty of mud and stray animals- cheap and efficient. As for when a siege comes, well, you COULD bring everyone inside the safety of the walls- but you could also not. I think it'd add on to the period feeling we seem to be going for here.

And on top of that, who doesn't like horrible, squalid living conditions for the peasants?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »

For the housing problem, I'd suggest the classic medieval solution: a big slum outside the city walls proper. Dirt floors, small buildings, and plenty of mud and stray animals- cheap and efficient. As for when a siege comes, well, you COULD bring everyone inside the safety of the walls- but you could also not. I think it'd add on to the period feeling we seem to be going for here.

And on top of that, who doesn't like horrible, squalid living conditions for the peasants?

Ohh, you can to a tean-to type shanty. 2x2 dirt floor, but only 1x2 is roofed over the bed and cabinet.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31