Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46901 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »

We have silver and copper, basically.

Importing of iron is a thing, and we are getting more with each shipment, but for now that's gone to weapons for LadyBrassroast's militia. We had NO metals before now, remember.

Also, we just struck the first cavern layer. We also have a functional smithy and carpentry shop.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »

Update Time!

We have a second shrine in town, this one to the God of Sacrifice and Nightmares, Nocam. He had a lot of followers.

We have also begun construction on the DEATH PYRAMID. Been waiting for this for awhile. By "Begun" I do mean "Cordoned off the area". The bottom floor will be some kind of labyrinthine tomb for Queen Amperzand I.

We also have a mayor.

A new section of housing was constructed in the southern part of town, near the new entry bridge. Pictures pending.

We are also smithing up some copper armor (mail shirts, leggings, etc) to provide basic protection. I unwisely trained many of the militia in non-blunt weaponry, so some of them will be getting temporary copper versions as well. Once we get another shipment of iron I expect to be able to give them "real" weapons.

Just realized, I forgot about libraries. I think it might be time to produce a stone home for our Queen, and convert the upper story of the mead hall to a library.

We need a Captain of the Guard. Any takers? I'm thinking about having LadyBrassroast do double duty as Militia Commander and Captain.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:00:41 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2016, 04:27:46 am »

I'll take it.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »

Sounds legit. I'm not sure about Captain of the Guard. Does that seem like a promotion from Militia Commander? If so, maybe we could move LadyBrassroast up to that, and make Chaotic the new commander?

What makes more thematic sense here to you guys? This is super important, and will be a tradition to come in Blazecooks.

We also had some deaths in Blazecooks today. It seems some goblins entered stealth and climbed the wall. They killed two humans in their beds, and one in an alley behind some houses before they were caught and killed. I'm sad to say that Timeless Bob, chosen of no particular God was killed in the alley.

Some other humans were caught outside as well. Some survived by running, some were shot and killed. Full report pending. Copper armor is being made for the militia, whereupon they will sally forth. All of them are skilled at a minimum.

I think we need a new chosen one, guys.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:36:23 pm by Dunamisdeos »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »

CotG seems to me to be more like Chief of Police, so it doesn't make much sense for it to follow from Militia Commander.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »

Captain of the Guard should be a different person, and more of a Queensguard type role maybe?  More internal police, domestic peace keeper, inside fortress defenders, elite pyramid guards who will be entombed when the monarch die type of thing?

Whereas the Militia Commander is head of the army, first to send against invaders, and cavern expeditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2016, 06:24:22 pm »

That sounds legit. The Captain of the Guard will protect the Queen and handle domestic issues. I'll even set up patrol routes inside the castle, when we have one. Time to find an appropriate human to name after Chaotic. Any particular name you prefer?

This siege is going quite poorly due to sneaky goblins climbing over the walls. Thankfully the dogs are catching them before they do any real damage, and the militia is finishing them off. First order of business after this is going to be a real wall, with some fluting and fortifications for bowmen. Not having stone or metal for 4 years really stunted our military/defensive growth.

::SIEGE REPORT::

Humans/Goblins killed: 16/19

LadyBrassroast: 6 Kills, 3 notable
Athis Twinebright: 3 Kills, 1 notable
Luth Cupslabors: 1 Kill, 0 notable
Tura Lovedented: 1 Kill, 0 notable
Cobim Fatestopped: 8 Kills, 4 Notable

Details
The goblins brought about 25-30 fighters to the walls. After the aforementioned sortie, the wall was sealed up again and the troops garrisoned behind it. Every war-dog remaining in the city was mustered with the militia, and preparations were made to sally forth again.

LadyBrassroast, however, would have exactly none of this hiding-behind-tactics commando bullshi*. The instant the goblins were within a few tiles(smelling distance?), she vaulted the goddam wall in a tick and started hacking away with her two-handed iron sword. The rest of her militia followed soon after. She slew Snodub Typhoonwitches the Buff Pulley of Cremating. Snodub had hunted and killed five BLAZECOOKS residents in the surrounding environs during the siege.

Even she, however, came up short next to COBIM FATESTOPPED, winner of both the goblin-slaughter contest and the coolest chosen-one hero name.

Sadly, 4 militia members died in the fighting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:05:36 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

All-in-all, good siege.

I think I might start posting yearly updates? Seems like a bit of a wall of text situation otherwise.

Also we discovered flux stone. We can import iron and make steel.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:07:46 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2016, 05:56:34 pm »

Yearly updates succession-fort style, seem pretty good.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2016, 06:38:44 pm »

Shit, my Rule 63 dorf counterpart is a goddamn badass.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »

I'm not sure if it is superior to have myself drafted, or to accomplish good things via communist monarchy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:43 pm »

Sounds legit. I'm not sure about Captain of the Guard. Does that seem like a promotion from Militia Commander? If so, maybe we could move LadyBrassroast up to that, and make Chaotic the new commander?

What makes more thematic sense here to you guys? This is super important, and will be a tradition to come in Blazecooks.

We also had some deaths in Blazecooks today. It seems some goblins entered stealth and climbed the wall. They killed two humans in their beds, and one in an alley behind some houses before they were caught and killed. I'm sad to say that Timeless Bob, chosen of no particular God was killed in the alley...

L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2016, 10:04:18 pm »

Please allow poor little Timeless Bob's corpse to be placed in a 1x1 walled off chamber without a coffin.  His restless ghost will wander the site until another male baby is born, wherein he will reincarnate using that tot's body as a vessel. (Whereupon he can be slabbed, since his ghost will have a vessel once more.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »

Please allow poor little Timeless Bob's corpse to be placed in a 1x1 walled off chamber without a coffin.  His restless ghost will wander the site until another male baby is born, wherein he will reincarnate using that tot's body as a vessel. (Whereupon he can be slabbed, since his ghost will have a vessel once more.

Best idea yet. In fact, he's already in a 1x1 room WITH a coffin, so we can just deconstruct that and floor over it again.

I think we are going to have a temple to Nameless Bob, wherein are contained the earthly remains of all his vessels.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2016, 10:41:17 pm »

Nameless Bob... I like it.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31