Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46970 times)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.06
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2016, 10:22:23 pm »

The Sloppy Jester is now operational!!!

This glorious tavern has 6z worth of maniacal party-and-dining worthy space. She contains a 4-still brewery with a storage area for barrels, 13 rentable rooms, an attached 5z-tall granary, a 10x11 dance floor, and 2 levels of dining space with both a party terrace and party balcony on the 5th floor.

It even has a loft space for extra town storage.

Currently the Main Tavern Floor and the dining hall directly above (seen here with open view down to the dance floor) are all that are operational. The Party balcony has not yet been finished.

Does a jester currently work at the sloppy jester?

If Erin Quill got some cotton paper I think he'd make an origami jester for you. One with full automation and great AI*, too!

*Erin Quill accepts no responsibility for anyone dying at the hands of his cotton paper robots. Especially if they mention anything about a certain Cave.

How much alcohol will Greatjon have to give you for it? "grumbles in annoyance"
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2016, 10:24:33 am »

The Sloppy Jester is now operational!!!

This glorious tavern has 6z worth of maniacal party-and-dining worthy space. She contains a 4-still brewery with a storage area for barrels, 13 rentable rooms, an attached 5z-tall granary, a 10x11 dance floor, and 2 levels of dining space with both a party terrace and party balcony on the 5th floor.

It even has a loft space for extra town storage.

Currently the Main Tavern Floor and the dining hall directly above (seen here with open view down to the dance floor) are all that are operational. The Party balcony has not yet been finished.

Does a jester currently work at the sloppy jester?

If Erin Quill got some cotton paper I think he'd make an origami jester for you. One with full automation and great AI*, too!

*Erin Quill accepts no responsibility for anyone dying at the hands of his cotton paper robots. Especially if they mention anything about a certain Cave.

How much alcohol will Greatjon have to give you for it? "grumbles in annoyance"

He says he wants co-ownership. I mean, he used to be a wandering trader; he's the epitome of entrepreneurship! (don't tell the queen)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:02 pm »

IN COMMUNIST BLAZECOOKS TAVERN BELONG TO EVERYONE! Also no there is no performer. Anyone want the job?

Anyway, its haircut day so probably no update.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:45:53 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »

Alright, drink up boys!

Don't mind the little clumps hrgghhh

WHOOOOOOOOO
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »

He says he wants co-ownership. I mean, he used to be a wandering trader; he's the epitome of entrepreneurship! (don't tell the queen)
IN COMMUNIST BLAZECOOKS TAVERN BELONG TO EVERYONE!
Alright, who told the queen?!
$&@?#%€¥ snitches, ruining ever'thin'...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2016, 10:35:18 pm »

*apologies for the double post*

Karl Marx's queen Glorious Leader Amperzand Taperedwarmth's Communist Manifesto states that prior to a communist revolution, you must wait for the bougeoise to be sufficiently oppressing the common people.

Erin Quill's Maxims of Capitalism states that prior to a capitalist revolution, you must wait for the merchant class to become sufficiently bored with the communist state of affairs.

I project that the latter will occur three days after Erin realizes that he can't just buy half of all the stock in the fortress, because it isn't a company and we also lack a stock market.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:38:19 pm by Glass »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:45 pm »

*apologies for the double post*

Karl Marx's queen Glorious Leader Amperzand Taperedwarmth's Communist Manifesto states that prior to a communist revolution, you must wait for the bougeoise to be sufficiently oppressing the common people.

Erin Quill's Maxims of Capitalism states that prior to a capitalist revolution, you must wait for the merchant class to become sufficiently bored with the communist state of affairs.

I project that the latter will occur three days after Erin realizes that he can't just buy half of all the stock in the fortress, because it isn't a company and we also lack a stock market.

Ryukan doesn't need stocks, stocks need him.
Glory to the Motherland!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2016, 07:49:15 pm »

Aside from massive designations of housing space and a new expansion to the smithing buildings, Wolfhunter appears to have written some sort of self-biopic. to his credit, it is apparently quite well written.

To avoid this sort of book in the future, he is now being made to grind mechanic until he damn well likes writing about it. Also, a prominent mason has been tasked as a scholar to hopefully record something about construction. We have done a lot of it after all.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2016, 08:02:45 pm »

If there's still no entertainer in the tavern I'll do it between archery practice. I'm sure everyone would love to hear awful to mediocre level poetry.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »

I firmly believe that the sheer amount of troll blood now tracked on the floors of Blazecooks could not have been contained inside of two trolls.

Also there is a MASSIVE WEALTH of precious metals down around the third cavern layer. I can't go six steps without finding more gold or native silver. Also we just struck the magma sea. I guess we have a shallower world than I thought. What shall we do with adamantine, should it be discovered? My only rule for now is that it must only be used for sufficiently grand purposes.

In other news, we just discovered an adamantine vein. I am 100% positive that it is the unsafe one, since it has a perfect 2x2 tube leading into the magma. However, the z-levels go down another 92 levels past the magma sea.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:40:54 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »

I firmly believe that the sheer amount of troll blood now tracked on the floors of Blazecooks could not have been contained inside of two trolls.

Also there is a MASSIVE WEALTH of precious metals down around the third cavern layer. I can't go six steps without finding more gold or native silver. Also we just struck the magma sea. I guess we have a shallower world than I thought. What shall we do with adamantine, should it be discovered? My only rule for now is that it must only be used for sufficiently grand purposes.

In other news, we just discovered an adamantine vein. I am 100% positive that it is the unsafe one, since it has a perfect 2x2 tube leading into the magma. However, the z-levels go down another 55 levels.
Give Onyx a nerf foam adamantite hammer to better distract enemies with.  Actually, don't do that.  Maybe on Onyx's next incarnation, but not anytime soon.  Double shields must prevail!

I wonder what would happen if Onyx became chief of the guard (or whoever is in charge of dispensing Justice).  Would she try to beat them to death with her shields?
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2016, 09:12:31 pm »

If Onyx ever becomes injured or old to the point of having to leave the military, she will be made Gaoler (Human Hammerer) and we will have some science. the real question is "Will this gain shield skill in the process".

For now, adamantine is being stockpiled. I went ahead and mined out the very top layer since it extended right up into the third cavern layer. I think that it should only be used to commemorate or award great deeds and events. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:23:32 pm by Dunamisdeos »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2016, 07:21:50 am »

Adamantine statues of the seven founders/other notables, to be placed in their tombs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2016, 12:36:29 pm »

An adamantine-bound book that has Planepacked-level information density on the world in general, and Blazecooks in particular, and very specifically the Group of Dragons.  :D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2016, 12:38:40 pm »

Hang on, has anyone tried to planepacked a book?

Since it only has one component, it might not be possible. Also, wasn't that bug fixed?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31