Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46949 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.06
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »

Anyway, we do have a LOT OF GOLD now.
I demand super heavy gold shields (not actually sure how heavy gold is in dwarf fortress).  Can't have Onyx running for her life in the middle of a distraction, now can we?  And hopefully the idea of giving bling to the least useful human will be enough to discourage attackers, as they would think that the actual army would have "better" weapons and stuff.
Gold is flexible and relatively soft. If your shield is thick enough for it to be made of gold and still work as an actual shield, then you A. may as well have just sold the gold and gotten better metals, and B. have a problem known as NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE (as in, you will not be able to get to your death to run away from it). Also, they will likely never stop dragging on the ground, because you won't be able to lift them.

Other than that, sounds like a great idea!

Put wheels on the shield, Dwarven !SCIENCE!

Problem solved!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2016, 03:57:54 pm »

Anyway, we do have a LOT OF GOLD now.
I demand super heavy gold shields (not actually sure how heavy gold is in dwarf fortress).  Can't have Onyx running for her life in the middle of a distraction, now can we?  And hopefully the idea of giving bling to the least useful human will be enough to discourage attackers, as they would think that the actual army would have "better" weapons and stuff.
Gold is flexible and relatively soft. If your shield is thick enough for it to be made of gold and still work as an actual shield, then you A. may as well have just sold the gold and gotten better metals, and B. have a problem known as NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE (as in, you will not be able to get to your death to run away from it). Also, they will likely never stop dragging on the ground, because you won't be able to lift them.

Other than that, sounds like a great idea!
Bah, let the danger come to us Onyx.  Walking is overrated anyways.  So are things like limbs and not dying repeatedly.

If only we could control fell moods.  Then we could have Onyx II kill Onyx I and turn her into a shield.
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2016, 04:05:10 pm »

you could, just get onyx II into a fell mood, make sure onyx I is close, when Onyx 1 is murdered save game, reload untill the random generatoir rolls shield
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2016, 04:25:50 pm »

WE have a troll problem.

I thought we had one escape from the caverns during the accidental breach, but Queen Amperzand discovered another one snooping about the masronry workshop. She dispatched it handily with her pickaxe.

I'm not sure where they are coming from. I hope it's just a few that escaped and were stealthed.

Tavern needs a roof, and then it will be open for business!!!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2016, 04:45:02 pm »

I shall kill all the foul troll-beasts! FOR THE EMP-I MEAN HER COMMUNIST MAJESTY!  :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »

I'm getting everything in order, and I feel like we had three tavern keepers? I can only find two. Am I insane?

I have Gwolfski and Nines McGee. I must have forgotten to citizen someone again.

Furniture is being placed. Oh hey, we have not had a single mood/artifact. I don't think humans can do that.

Also, we just hit year 9.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:38:04 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2016, 07:29:48 pm »

I'm getting everything in order, and I feel like we had three tavern keepers? I can only find two. Am I insane?

I have Gwolfski and Nines McGee. I must have forgotten to citizen someone again.

Furniture is being placed.
I ate the rest. I'm not fond of competition.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2016, 07:31:05 pm »

I don't think a tavern keeper who eats people will be good for business.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

I don't think a tavern keeper who eats people will be good for business.
You clearly don't know much about tavern keeping. Blood adds zest to the drinks.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2016, 08:22:44 pm »

One day I will build a major construction without a major accident to accompany it. On that day I will have truly defeated dwarf fortress.

Part of the tavern roof collapsed with a miner on it, flattened a guy 4 stories down by punching through the granary, knocked out another miner and vaguely stunned a guy on the bottom floor when 2 people smashed through the roof right next to him. None of these folks were forumites.

Perhaps most importantly, two barrels of fine fruit booze were destroyed by falling beams. Perhaps even MORE importantly, construction remains on schedule and the zones for our new drunkhouse "THE SLOPPY JESTER" have been designated.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:32:29 pm by Dunamisdeos »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2016, 08:29:57 pm »

One day I will build a major construction without a major accident to accompany it. On that day I will have truly defeated dwarf fortress.

Part of the tavern roof collapsed with a miner on it, flattened a guy 4 stories down by punching through the granary, knocked out another miner and vaguely stunned a guy on the bottom floor when 2 people smashed through the roof right next to him. None of these folks were forumites.

Perhaps most importantly, two barrel of fine fruit booze were destroyed by falling beams. Perhaps even MORE importantly, construction remains on schedule and the zones for our new drunkhouse "THE SLOPPY JESTER" have been designated.

Make more booze out of the victims. Waste not want not.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2016, 09:01:53 pm »

Perhaps most importantly, two barrels of fine fruit booze were destroyed by falling beams. Perhaps even MORE importantly, construction remains on schedule and the zones for our new drunkhouse "THE SLOPPY JESTER" have been designated.

You destroyed the booze!!!!! Who let you design buildings????
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2016, 10:07:04 pm »

The Sloppy Jester is now operational!!!

This glorious tavern has 6z worth of maniacal party-and-dining worthy space. She contains a 4-still brewery with a storage area for barrels, 13 rentable rooms, an attached 5z-tall granary, a 10x11 dance floor, and 2 levels of dining space with both a party terrace and party balcony on the 5th floor.

It even has a loft space for extra town storage.

Currently the Main Tavern Floor and the dining hall directly above (seen here with open view down to the dance floor) are all that are operational. The Party balcony has not yet been finished.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2016, 10:10:30 pm »

This glorious tavern has 6z worth of maniacal party-and-dining worthy space. She contains a 4-still brewery with a storage area for barrels, 13 rentable rooms, an attached 5z-tall granary, a 10x11 dance floor, and 2 levels of dining space with both a party terrace and party balcony on the 5th floor.

Currently the Main Tavern Floor and the dining hall directly above (seen here with open view down to the dance floor) are all that are operational. The Party balcony has not yet been finished.

Does a jester currently work at the sloppy jester?
A Dwarven Viking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:35 pm »

Does a jester currently work at the sloppy jester?

If Erin Quill got some cotton paper I think he'd make an origami jester for you. One with full automation and great AI*, too!

*Erin Quill accepts no responsibility for anyone dying at the hands of his cotton paper robots. Especially if they mention anything about a certain Cave.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31