Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46951 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »

The ininial dwarves have a first name and a last name. Just give that last name to every offspring so you can track the lineage of each clan. Its more elegant than using Bob IV for each new kid. See which house grows and which dies off over the genererations. Altho, honestly, good luck beating House BeachSpicy...

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »

Better dual wield your shields friend.
Very yes.  Not sure if you can actually do that, but yes.
Ive gotten people to do it before I believe. I think if you just assign them two shields in their uniform they'll do it.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2016, 03:50:25 pm »

The ininial dwarves have a first name and a last name. Just give that last name to every offspring so you can track the lineage of each clan. Its more elegant than using Bob IV for each new kid. See which house grows and which dies off over the genererations. Altho, honestly, good luck beating House BeachSpicy...
yes, you should do this, with them getting the name of the parent of the same gender
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2016, 12:41:04 pm »

Onyx: As luck would have it, LadyBrassroast needs a new recruit. Dual-Shields it is, no armor.

So, the naming for generationally tracked humans will be [First name:Family name:RNG Surname]. I don't think you can actually edit that RNG surname. Also, I think that for the sake of brevity (Sanctumea has expressed a desire for a multitude of children) the FIRST child should take the name of their parent (Sactumea II for instance). The rest of the brood get their RNG name + family name. This is how we will track the direct heir. What u boyz tink?

Should have some kind of update today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2016, 02:21:09 pm »

It depends on the child mortality rate though  :o

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2016, 03:29:12 pm »

It depends on the child mortality rate though  :o

The title could be inherited! If your current heir dies, child #2 inherits the name.

UPDATE:

Land has been cleared for a large scale housing project. Sarcophagi have begun to be place on the lower levels of the DEATH PYRAMID, and LadyBrassroast has been married (hooray), and Sanctumea Wreaththorn II Smackamazed has been named. The lower levels of the tavern are complete, consisting mainly of storage space.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:38:52 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »

I've designated so much stuff. The first floor of the housing (22 homes per floor), the main floor of the tavern, parts of the pyramid (sorry, DEATH PYRAMID) and another layer of wall around the city.

I'm going to save this and leave it on for the next few hours. Update one way or another. If I was going to be REALLY adventurous I'd turn off all pause-upon-events, but no.

Also I am super tired of logs of wood being on the ground everywhere at all times. Time to start using mine tunnels as wood storage.

Wolfhunter wrote another novel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:12:53 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »

Update time.

What should we do with this guy? His name is Thoth.
Spoiler: No relation to Conan (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure we could rig some cage traps to capture it, we do have cages and mechanisms. Single combat could also be fun, or we could do something creative.

Also, here's a picture of the massive tavern under construction. We have ALOT OF OPEN ROOM for fun tavern things, with an upper story wraparound dining room with a view of the tavern floor below. The granary is attacked firmly to the SE corner. Everything is multi-z because easy is for goblins.

You can also see some of the construction on the actual housing off to the left there, below the tavern. Also, shantytown is now in operation. It was built over around a goblin battlefield without removing the corpses.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

Oh boy.  Time to finally get to bruttaly murder put my human to the test in his shield skills.

What's that, he's not ready?  Nonsense, everybody is ready to be bruttaly dismembered get some extra practice.  He'll need it when the gobbies come.

The granary is attacked firmly to the SE corner.

Oh boy, buildings are already committing mutiny it seems.  Nothing double shields can't fix (aka double shields can't fix anything).
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »

When a dwarf comes to seek residency, cos this is 42.xx, can i be dorfed as him?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2016, 06:44:11 pm »

When a dwarf comes to seek residency, cos this is 42.xx, can i be dorfed as him?
I believe they are all hoomins.  Of course, if a short one arrives, I'm sure you can get him.  Or her.
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:51 pm »

I believe they are all hoomins.  Of course, if a short one arrives, I'm sure you can get him.  Or her.

I could do that, but you are already a human tavern keep you silly goose.

Also I refuse to fix that typo. The annals will show that a rebellion of the granary was put down in the year 08.

If we ever get a few dwarves to the point where they can breed, I am building a dwarven quarter underneath the city.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:36:37 pm by Dunamisdeos »

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »

Update time.

What should we do with this guy? His name is Thoth.
Spoiler: No relation to Conan (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure we could rig some cage traps to capture it, we do have cages and mechanisms. Single combat could also be fun, or we could do something creative.

Also, here's a picture of the massive tavern under construction. We have ALOT OF OPEN ROOM for fun tavern things, with an upper story wraparound dining room with a view of the tavern floor below. The granary is attacked firmly to the SE corner. Everything is multi-z because easy is for goblins.

You can also see some of the construction on the actual housing off to the left there, below the tavern. Also, shantytown is now in operation. It was built over around a goblin battlefield without removing the corpses.

Has my barkeep been hoomaned yet? I'm waiting for my distribution of various beverages to kill everyone.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2016, 08:06:23 pm »

Front page updated with NEW HOOMANS.

Also, is it in fact out plan to send our resident shield bopper out to fight the minotaur? He only has one shield, his other iron shield is smithing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31