Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

WHO SHALL BE ELECTED AS BARON or BARONESS? LINK TO DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1rYwMDL

Ilre Obeycarry
- 0 (0%)
Shud Rubbedmoisten
- 0 (0%)
Thrun Nestleshields
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort  (Read 46969 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time - BLAZECOOKS III - Human Fort!!! v.42.03
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2016, 08:52:31 am »

If any creature gets "Doesn't care about anything anymore" they become Alcohol Dependent. You don't notice with dwarves because they already are, but our entire military may become alcoholics.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2016, 09:16:14 am »

Land has been cleared for the tavern, and construction can begin post-haste!

To describe it, there will be inn rooms in a separate building on the left side of the river. These will be connected over the river by skyway to the main tavern/dining room, which will be multi-z. The granary will be attached to the right side of the tavern, closer to the farms and town square.

Tis' going to be a grand tavern. Also, an entire housing block has been demolished to begin building APTs at the same time shantytown is being constructed, because f*** the peasantry.

If any creature gets "Doesn't care about anything anymore" they become Alcohol Dependent. You don't notice with dwarves because they already are, but our entire military may become alcoholics.

In that case, we have a lot of alcoholics.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:04:42 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2016, 05:07:45 pm »

Hey guys, no updates this week. Baby's coming today!!!
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »

Hey guys, no updates this week. Baby's coming today!!!

Hurray! Party at the gabbro table.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2016, 05:59:03 am »

Could i be dorfd humaned as a male hammer dwarf called lard Imic the twenty ninth plz?
Yes, lard. It was a typo but it sounds better

O geez I forgot you. Also, that's a fantastic name. It's better because this is year 8 of the world's existence.

Fixed. You are Lard Imic XXIX, a proficient Hammerman. You wield a *Silver Maul*, like any BLAZECOOKS hammerman worth his/her salt.

!!! QUEEN AMPERZAND has married PEBU HOPDANCED, an expert Gem Cutter/Setter. It took less than a year for them to meet and get hitched. !!! Which I guess is not unusual when using the ♥LOVE SHACK♥. I think I'm going to mint a commemorative coin.

LadyBrassroast has been locked in the ♥LOVE SHACK♥ with the next best male military member, and also has finally begun to worship Quamun. You see, I made the ♥LOVE SHACK♥ a shrine to Quamin, God of Love. Problem solved.

Our good Militia Commander has also developed a um, fondness for alcohol. She is distracted after having been kept from it.

Lol
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2016, 12:11:07 pm »

Baby just got out of NICU. He is completely fine and it was a precaution and we are all fine now.

Maybe update today  :D

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2016, 08:58:34 pm »

Great news about baby!  Don't worry about us.  We'll be here whenever the baby keeps you guys up.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »

The child has been born. My masters have of this, of the flame and the end of worlds that shall be brought about by this creature. It is the desire of the masters of all that this child survive.

Oh, yeah, and congratulations!
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:52 pm »

Work proceeds on three major projects: large-scale housing, the tavern, and the DEATH PYRAMID. The DEATH PYRAMID will also be partially purposed into a large temple complex on the second floor.

First floor is a large burial complex. The basement contains noble tombs. Second floor will contain a large uni-faith temple with branches off to individual gods.

The main tavern level will be raised up two z-levels with a large balcony in the front for outdoor merrymaking. It will be firmly attached to the granary, with multiple storage rooms and breweries on the bottom floor.

The large scale housing is probably going to be big and have beds. That's about as far as we are with that.

BIG NEWS EDIT:

Sanctumea has given birth to Cemir, a baby girl! Also, LadyBrassroast has herself a lover. Marriage is imminent.

Now here's my question: Do we want to track lineage with a surname? I can edit each member of a family to have say, Sanctumea in their name (This would be Cemir Sanctumea Smackedamazed). Anyone have any other ideas?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:17:30 pm by Dunamisdeos »

bluemovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2016, 01:45:53 am »

I think your idea is the best.
Anyway I have own idea. For male children we can plus only number. For example: Bluemovie II for son Bluemovie. For female children your first idea
Sorry for my english

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »

Something I think might be fun is an array of catapults or ballistae on the walls. Whenever an important human dies (a nobleman, administrator, or military leader) fire off however many rounds from the artillery as a show of respect (bonus points if there are enemies in the target zone)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2016, 02:52:44 pm »

Smackedamazed is just too awesome a name.
I'd be nicknamed as 'Mea Smackedamazed (Me ass macked amazed). 
and girl named, Maya Smackedamazed (My ass macked amazed),
and future, Data Smackedamazed (Dat ass macked amazed),
and future, Ura Smackedamazed (Your ass macked amazed),

Now we're populating the ghetto, iirc, we're still living down the shanties part of town?

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2016, 07:18:13 am »

If you don't mind, I'd like to request a human.
Name-Job-Title-Special
Onyx-Military-"Profesional Distraction"-take the most useless human you have and train him in shield and dodging only.  No weapons allowed.

Then send him outside alone during the next goblin siege and see how long he lasts.

From now on, I declare a competition between all humans who take my name to see how many goblin sieges they can survive.  Extra points if they wear no armor, only shield.
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »

Better dual wield your shields friend. Plus nothing like master shield users smashing people's fingers until they can't manage to swing their weapons anymore.

I just got through reading this and I would like a human lasher or a bowman. Sex isn't important and they can just be called trig either way.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:13:51 pm by Trigon »

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »

Better dual wield your shields friend.
Very yes.  Not sure if you can actually do that, but yes.
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31