Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Storm The Compound [REBOOT] OPEN FOR ALL, 2/4 players so far, I NEED PLAYERS  (Read 5795 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Year:2080

Operation: Search And Rescue

"Operatives," the General said to the men arrayed before him, "Thank you for your volunteering for this mission. The last squads to be sent in went MIA without warning, and we suspect they were captured and are awaiting execution. You are each to take a team of soldiers to assault and attempt a rescue for our men."

The General continued the briefing after a short pause, "You will be taken into our FOB via dropship to meet up with your men. From the FOB you will be landed three kilometers from the terrorist compound via a helicopter, which will then stand-by for close air support or evac should the needs arise. Are there any questions thus far?"
"Sir," one of the commandos said with minimal hesitation, "Do we have any idea how well-defended they are?" The speaker was a tall twenty-something with dark brown hair, standing confidently at attention.

The General sighed and tossed a USB drive towards the inquirer. "We have a two-day intelligence lag, this is what we have. The FOB will likely have less of a lag. You get your choice of soldiers for this mission, up to five each. You are all dismissed. Good Luck."

Rules:
1. Participants must submit a character sheet with their rank, skills, combat role, etc.
2. common soldiers in your team to be dropped with you. (up to 5) larger groups will limit speed.
3. list your subordinates roles.
4. If your character dies, you play down the chain of command (i.e. you die, become second in charge. he dies, you become the 3ic, 4ic dies, you die, you become 5ic. etc.
5. no badass characters that go in there alone and destroy everyone.
6: Sane and mature characters please

Warning. your character may not come out  alive

[Could someone draw me a map please. My maps from V1 of this game were all on my Laptop's hard drive, which shat itself. The only map from V1's thread was grafitti'd all over it with progress, so that's a no-go. Looking for a square map with 10km long edges (scale it down 3cm=1km or something like that)
commandos copy the compound and edit in troop movement as arrows. colorcoded. You tell me what you want your character and troops to doStupid, rash decision will get you or your troops killed. check your corners, for example, and the ceiling.A squad is only as fast as it's slowest member, which is the ONLY reason I've included armour

If you wish to play, fill out the form. First in, best dressed, although people in the waiting list may choose to control any NPC (even terrorists, if you wish to do so, PM me. Cheaters will not have a good time.)

standard kit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

approved extras. These may be withdrawn, withheld or denied at GM's leisure

Form:

SCORES:
Points stack, so a killed terrorist officer counts as 1 point (for every terrorist killed) + 3 points (for killing an officer)
+1 for every terrorist killed
+3 for every terrorist officer killed
+10 for every enemy officer taken captive
+5 for every piece of intel extracted from captives
+2 for every terrorist position given away by a captive officer
-2 for every friendly killed (will count for something in a later mission)
-10 for every squad member killed
-30 for every player character killed

After a player death a player may step into the shoes of the next in charge if there is no waitinglist.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:02:26 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Storm The Compound (V2.0) [REBOOT] OPEN FOR ALL, 0/4 players so far
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:40:14 am »

TEAM Leaders

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:37:37 pm by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:40:45 am »

EVENTS

CAS (Close Air Support): A soldier callable event, subject to a die roll for (a) how long it stays up and (b) whether it launches at all due to weather conditions etc. CAS also rolls the die for combat, with buffs and debuffs of whether the target is lazed, how thick the anti air defences are, the terrain of the enemy and how much room it has to maneuver. The Little Bird is better at evasive action, but the Hind is like a flying tank. You pick one when you request CAS.

Reinforcements: Available to both sides of the conflict IF DESPERATELY NEEDED. Protagonist roles will get NPC reinforcements flown in by Little Bird and Hind. Antagonist roles (terrorists) get their reinforcements in the form of guerilla troops from the jungle.

In addition, bringing in troops with Titanium bodysuits can only be done by the Hinds, as the Little Birds are not powerful enough to lift off with all that weight. Titanium suited soldiers also cannot rappel down from a Hind like other soldiers can, meaning they need the Hind to land to disembark. Regardless, they pack a powerful punch.

There are four kinds of reinforcements: Light, Medium, Heavy and Special. Requesting Light reinforcements is more likely to be accepted by HighCommand than the others. It will net you five fully laden Little Birds of armorless SMG soldiers while the Little Bird Gunship provides CAS until everyone has disembarked. Medium reinforcements will give you 2 Little Birds of standard trained soldiers, plus a fully laden Hind with standard soldiers and with a chance for a light assault vehicle.

Heavy reinforcements are when you NEED to mess the other guys up. There will be eight soldiers in full titanium bodysuits toting miniguns and Ammo packs. The Special class of reinforcements are rappelled in via hind that proceed to gun down anything in their way. In short, Heavy = MOAR DAKKA and Special = More skill with the Assault Rifle.

Natural Geographic events: From natural disasters to weather patterns, this will be subject to a die roll. Weather will be subject to a die roll every five rounds. Natural disasters will probably not happen... probably.

Suggestions welcome from all.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:33:21 pm by Insanegame27 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:42:16 am »

Forms for EVERYONE!

standard kit

approved extras. These may be withdrawn, withheld or denied at GM's leisure

Form:

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:49:19 am »

Spoiler: 'CAS/transport team' (click to show/hide)

Also, forgot to mention this, but it is turn-based-combat with a side of dices.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:04:23 am by Insanegame27 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 12:13:58 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet done (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 06:36:38 pm »

Accepted. How many soldiers would you like to take with you?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:56:39 pm by Insanegame27 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Storm The Compound (V2.0) [REBOOT] OPEN FOR ALL, 1/4 players so far
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 09:04:48 am »

Bumping this. All are free to submit a sheet.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 10:58:54 pm »

Bump

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:05:50 pm »

Accepted. How many soldiers would you like to take with you?
As many as fits in the Helicopters?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »

Bump I cant run this without players

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 07:18:08 am »

I'm making a sheet.

I made a weird sheet, coz' I added a lot of equipment that wasn't really on the list. Hope it's alright.

Spoiler: Sheet. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:42:21 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 06:01:20 am »

I'm making a sheet.

I made a weird sheet, coz' I added a lot of equipment that wasn't really on the list. Hope it's alright.

Spoiler: Sheet. (click to show/hide)
How many soldiers do you want with you? You can have anywhere from 1 to 5. 5 and yourself will fill a Little Bird up.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

I think three.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Alright. Three soldiers equipped similarly to yourself or entirely different?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4