Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!  (Read 7918 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Axis and allies! OOC and interest check
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:05 am »

No worries! To play will be simple. I'll post pics of the status and units and such. Each unit has stats, attack, defense, and move. An infantry for example is a 1/2/1, better to hold land then attack it. Now there are various changes at times, biggest being artillery. 1:1 it'll make infantry attack on a 2 instead of a 1. 2 arty, 3 inf, means one inf attacks at 1, 2 at 2. All combats will be rolled by me, with the A&A standard of roll under target number on a d6. The only worry I see with combat being say, Finland. There are German troops up there at the start, so when Russia attacks, kill the German or Finn infantry first? Current thought on such is who owns the territory, looses troops second.

Spoiler: units (click to show/hide)

Here's a pic with all the units, costs, and stats. This is Germany turn one after no attack, 66 $ to spend on things.

I should also mention turns play in this order: Combat move>buy things>combat>non combat move>place units>collect cash and end.
In terms of factories I should mention: each can build only the tile value each turn of units. it's 4? then 4 tanks, 4 inf, 3 inf 1 tanks, must total 4 or less. This includes sea zones for boats in this number. The other part, money at the end of turn, allows you to reap from captured land that turn AND at the same time leaves you holding the cash for strategic bombing raids. Bombers can attack factories directly, and if they survive AA (a 1d6 per plane, all 1s kill something) they 1d6 to cash, so can really hurt  in mass.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »

I think I'd like to participate. This seems very interesting.

EDIT: Italy or Germany would be nice. I know TopHat chose those two, but if they only get one, perhaps I could get the one they don't get.
Looking forward to working with you! Do you have a preference between the two?

Nope, I don't have a preference towards either.

Also, looking forward to be working with you as well.
I don't mind either. I'll just flip for it, if that's fine with you. [Heads] Italy. Hopefully I won't drag you down as much as my historical counterpart :)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 03:24:41 pm »

I'll take AMMURRRRICA if I may. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

I think I'd like to participate. This seems very interesting.

EDIT: Italy or Germany would be nice. I know TopHat chose those two, but if they only get one, perhaps I could get the one they don't get.
Looking forward to working with you! Do you have a preference between the two?

Nope, I don't have a preference towards either.

Also, looking forward to be working with you as well.
I don't mind either. I'll just flip for it, if that's fine with you. [Heads] Italy. Hopefully I won't drag you down as much as my historical counterpart :)

Do not fret, for I'm probably going to be the lesser skilled of us two, lol.

EDIT: Also, RexMundi.. About factories..

If you have, say, 4 factories you can only produce 4 units that turn?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:25:39 pm by coleslaw35 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 06:50:28 pm »

Question: Anything about the ComIntern? (USSR and the like)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 08:11:46 pm »

I'll take AMMURRRRICA if I may. :)
adding to the OP!

Do not fret, for I'm probably going to be the lesser skilled of us two, lol.
EDIT: Also, RexMundi.. About factories..
If you have, say, 4 factories you can only produce 4 units that turn?
So, that means who's who then, or do I flip? Did the board flip there?
And no to your question. 1 factory max per tile, and the tile value is the max it can make in one turn. Pretend Rome is worth 8. it can deploy 8 units, land sea or air, on one turn, all extra would have to be placed elsewhere.

Question: Anything about the ComIntern? (USSR and the like)
I'm happy to answer any an all questions! As i'm not sure if that is the question I'll try to answer it. The USSR, asked for by Werty, is all one nation from the boarder of poland to the pacific in the east. They are in a strong position at start however will likely want aid form other allies because Japan and Germany will likely try to double team them.

EDIT: going to confirm who's who there on Germ/Italy, and then we can lurch this train into motion. I plan to send out PMs to people, when it's their turn. How you wish to do said turn is up to you, pm, post here, what not.

As well, I was testing a game with my brother earlier, and remembered another fact. dead units are chosen normally by the player who owns them. Otherwise, there is kinda a standard on what to lose. Always lose battleship first since it can take two hits (unlike anything else but maybe bunkers), on land infantry goes first, anywhere cheapest thing dies first, and so on.

So in terms of death order, I will go based on price and use. Weakest cheapest things die first. The only time I'll skip this is invasions including planes. They can't take land, need a foot unit or tank or such. So when you plot attacks, please try to indicate if the land is worth losing planes. Often it's not, but there are exceptions (like factories, high value, or hard to take back things)

EDIT2: in test game, just fiddled with trading territory between allies. It works, handed part of Mexico from UK to America. Brother is right though in that as GM I should handle swap between turns so as to not give both nations the income.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:46:22 pm by RexMundi »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 08:54:39 pm »

Do we have to be historically accurate about this? Do the ANZACS have to do everything they actually did or are the players allowed to do whatever they want? Can the US align with the Axis or the ANZACS align with the ComIntern?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 09:02:07 pm »

Do we have to be historically accurate about this? Do the ANZACS have to do everything they actually did or are the players allowed to do whatever they want? Can the US align with the Axis or the ANZACS align with the ComIntern?
Alliances are set at start. As for the neutrals, or where you attack is up to you. ANZACS are allied to the allies, but they could go invade south america if they really wanted to

EDIT: not sure if I was clear. no uk can't invade france, and russia is effectively an ally
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:13:19 pm by RexMundi »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »

So THEORETICALLY I could use the war as an excuse to recede from the mother country (GB) and then, if persuaded enough, Join the Axis?

EDIT: Are minor countries allowed to do stuff like that, like changing sides or whatnot?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:17:08 pm by Insanegame27 »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:42 pm »

Rex, it seems like I will be playing as Germany and TopHat will be playing as Italy.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 09:20:30 pm »

So THEORETICALLY I could use the war as an excuse to recede from the mother country (GB) and then, if persuaded enough, Join the Axis?

EDIT: Are minor countries allowed to do stuff like that, like changing sides or whatnot?

I'm pretty sure they are not by default but I'll look into how changeable alliances are in this version, so how doable. In the mean time ANZAC are low in the turn order so people can chime in if they want or don't want this to be possible
Rex, it seems like I will be playing as Germany and TopHat will be playing as Italy.
thanks, I'm a derp sometimes. I'll go fetch screens for turn one!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Axis and allies! Round 1 Germany declare attack!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »

First, the diploswapping thing. Looked, it is totally doable if people agree. No guarantees on balance and I hope it doesn't mess things up too much XD

Now, Germany!

The Germans start in a good spot, and hopefully they don't go down hill. They have just wrapped up Poland and already DoW Russia. They have the Dutch and French (and UK) on the left, and Russia on the right. They have limited forces in Africa but a factory that can build 2 units a turn. They also have a spread about navy in the Atlantic, prime to fuck up the Allies. Unless the subs converge to one fleet though the Allies tend to band into fleets to counter subs picking things off.
Points of note include a baltic transport for invasion of Scandinavia or Russia. They also have 2 in the Mediterranean to do whatever with. Transports, as I forgot to mention, carry one infantry, and one anything else. Might not be anything but at the least it's arty or tanks. So 1 inf, one art to support works well for sea invasions. Plus cruisers and battleships can get a one shot at the land to support. 

State of the world screenshot, linking as it's BIG
http://i.imgur.com/mqJYhhO.jpg
German units in non German lands and it's navies are circles in red here http://i.imgur.com/2Zq1duA.jpg
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:45:59 pm by RexMundi »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 09:48:48 pm »

Who mapped in Australia? THEY MUST BE SHOT FIRST AS THE FIRST CASUALTY OF WARS

WA is not two states. NSW was completely omitted, being absorbed half by Victoria and half by QLD. SA is actually more rectangular, and rotated 90 degrees from what is shown.

THIS IS AUSTRALIA https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Australia_location_map_recolored.png
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:51:12 pm by Insanegame27 »

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:06 pm »

I agree, map is wonk at points. The only offer I can make is balance, or maybe ease? idk.
Who knows, maybe the UK overlords mapped it and it's reason to join Germany? :P

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »

Oh god, this is awkward... I didn't expect the game to start so quickly.. I am currently a bit occupied with my dad upgrading my computer. I have no idea how much longer it'll take, but I will certainly try to post my orders while on mobile, but it may take a while for me to examine the maps and decide on my actions. Also, Rex, did you say we could give territory to other countries?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6