Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51

Author Topic: Hearts of Iron IV  (Read 103491 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Reply #615 on: October 29, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

France isn't a minor nation though, it seem to own half the world. (I know, I'm just exaggerating.)
All these territories outside of actual France kind of turns me off from choosing them.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 29, 2017, 01:40:59 pm »

Brazil is fun, if you have the mod that stops america from declearing itself protector of every single country world-wide... you can battle with the little states around you, pick sides and once you turned south america into something useful the war hit intresting parts anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 29, 2017, 01:48:43 pm »

El Salvador proved to be an interesting one for me.  It starts as Fascist so you can start declaring on people around you, and you are able to conquer all the small guys around you pretty easily (only have one victory point in the form of the capital).  Don't even have to worry when the US is guaranteeing independence of everyone, as it seems that if both sides are guaranteed, the guaranteeing nation doesn't intervene (at least, until a certain event fires a few years later).  Heck, I managed to conquer Mexico after I picked up everyone except Panama (its capital is on the other side of the US Panama Canal territory.  Might be able to take it if you mess about with paratroopers or a naval invasion).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 29, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »

If you have the Together for Victory dlc a communist or facist South Africa isn't too challenging.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 29, 2017, 03:27:13 pm »

Netherlands or Belgium is what youre looking for. Easy to defend, easy to counterattack, essentially unlimited options terms of overall strategy.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #620 on: October 29, 2017, 03:36:13 pm »

Poland.
Your DLC tree is worse than vanilla default tree, both Germany and SU is bound to come knocking.
Easiest world domination in Paradox Games.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 29, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »

France isn't a minor nation though, it seem to own half the world. (I know, I'm just exaggerating.)
All these territories outside of actual France kind of turns me off from choosing them.
Yeah, but most of that stuff doesn't actually matter until later in the game, when you've won the war in Europe. Most of France's units start off in France, and the other territories either have nothing, or have crappy colonial divisions. In my France game I completely forgot they had land in the Americas until I needed to invade the US in 1946.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 29, 2017, 05:22:49 pm »

Well.. an Independent Africa run went south (pun intended) fast.
I can't deal with war on too many fronts at once.
At least I learned how this Frontline thing works, partially.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:25:21 pm by Ultimuh »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 29, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »

I like to run finland, myself. You can expand westward if you like, and I often align myself with the axis if I'm looking for a bit of a challenge and a quick buddy to fight the Soviets with. I've been able to hold off Russian advances before, and even my losses to them feel glorious.

Replying from a mobile communication brick, would elaborate but I'm also on a public transportation machine, so it's a little hard to type.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 30, 2017, 08:01:03 am »

I mostly let the AI do the basic stuff (holding the frontline) while i curise around with my special forces doing the flanking stuff the AI can't handle. I wish there was a nice way to automate Air and Naval units, I hardly care for them

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 30, 2017, 08:49:11 am »

I second this...I don't mind ships much but airplanes are a pain in the ass...especially if I have a large or fast moving front to cover. I hate air regions and think they should make it so you just set a wings mission, assign an airfield and if it is in range then the planes do their thing. That way you can just move the air wings to a new airport as your line moves up without having to micromanage air regions.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 30, 2017, 10:53:32 am »

So.. France, and ignore everything not in France. Am I correct?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 30, 2017, 11:02:18 am »

One caveat of France...is that Germany will come to attack you most times....otherwise....yeah I always liked France...solid starting point without being stretched all over the world or have 10 fronts to fight etc.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 30, 2017, 11:11:54 am »

One caveat of France...is that Germany will come to attack you most times....otherwise....yeah I always liked France...solid starting point without being stretched all over the world or have 10 fronts to fight etc.

Yeah, but then it's usually not too hard to hold the line. Just let them grind on your entrenched infantry.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 30, 2017, 06:10:32 pm »

Oh masters of Grant Strategy gaming, what country should I be playing as?
I'm not sure what nation would be best suited for someone kind of new as me.
Although I would prefer a minor nation, and relatively easy to defend without too much effort, I still want to be capable of invading some of its nearest neighbours.

You must Romania.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51