Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I Love My Mayor  (Read 2450 times)

Fenrir

I Love My Mayor
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

...and my mayor loves gauntlets. All he mandates are gauntlets. We have more iron than we know what to do with, and my military could use some gauntlets, so I hope this guy lasts.

Share your stories about good nobles.

*utter silence*

I thought so...

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: I Love My Mayor
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

I had a noble who wanted copper. He kept mandating the creation of copper items. I also had a metalworker who needed training up in making random metal items that would then be melted down again. Finally, this was in a map that was filled with copper and also had magma. Hooray for that mayor!
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »

My mayor likes bolts. That pretty much says it all, I should think.

Sykirobme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:31:00 pm »

I had one a while back that liked bins (boxes of any sort, really).  I needed storage for my huge supply of stone blocks...it was a match made in heaven.

[ January 24, 2008: Message edited by: Sykirobme ]

ka KenHR on most other fora.

Sacrath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

My mayor like lay pewter. He has done nothing so far but ban the export of lay pewter items. Needless to say I don't have any lay pewter but I am thinking of importing some to make him a nice thank you statue for his bedroom.
-"You have a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:22:00 am »

"I demand BARRELS! Make some damn BARRELS! Four of them! I swear, if you don't make any BARRELS, I'll send you straight to..."

"We've made six since you started talking."

"Okay then. Just so we're clear."

[ January 25, 2008: Message edited by: Slanted ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 01:25:00 am »

My mayor wants pig iron. He keeps mandating pig iron items. I don't have any iron, or any flux. I really, really got to start paying attention to likes before I assign a dwarf social skills at the start screen.

My previous fort's mayor, on the other hand, liked bolts. He always wanted me to make bolts, which was no problem because I was near constantly churning them out for my marksdwarves anyway. I think bolts is probably the best demand they can have, as long as you have either lots of bones or lots of trees. You're always making them, you don't usually export them, and they don't clutter up the fortress no matter how many get demanded.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 02:13:00 am »

My mayor is the biggest hero in my entire fortress.
He's Very Strong, Extremely Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough, a Legendary Miner, Talented Appraiser, a High Master Wrestler, and a Competent Armour User. When he hits legendary in wrestling he'll get switched over to sword & shield like the rest of the proper military.

I thought it was important my dwarves have a leader they can look up to . . .

Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

My mayor rocks.

As far as I have seen, he has never banned export of anything we export, nor has he ever complained once about a mandate being ignored (if he ever made any) and he works extremely hard as a miner and a bunch of other stuff.

So, I'm going to be giving him 2 golden statues in his tomb, very soon. Actually, I think I'll just take them from the countess and her consort's tombs.

Those lazy bastards...

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 06:50:00 am »

I'm still on my first (ever!) set of nobles.  My Duchess got snooty about not having a rose gold table in her tomb, but no big deal.  Mostly she wants chain mail.  Her consort likes idols.  He did once send the hammerer after someone for failing to work the fine pewter we didn't have at the time, but I think the guy got off somehow.  I never noticed him injured.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Fenrir

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by McDoomhammer:
<STRONG>I'm still on my first (ever!) set of nobles.</STRONG>

Yeah, this is my first mayor ever. I don't think I could have gotten a better start with nobles.

[ January 25, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:56:00 am »

My Mayor is Captain Ironblood...
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>My Mayor is Captain Ironblood...</STRONG>

Enough said.  :D Everyone loves Captain Ironblood. Everyone. Except when he demands Pewter, but Hammerings never occur for that.

Personally, my mayor has banned export of bolts. Uh yeah, I think I can manage that.

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 11:32:00 am »

Heh.  Well, my first set of Noble nobles.  This is the third mayor, after the second lost the election and the first, uh, got mad at losing a friend to war; accidentally murdered the glassmaker; got beaten and thrown in jail; went crazy when her mandate for glass items (no sand!) wasn't done; and starved to death in prison.

D'oh.

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

My most recent mayor banned the export of armor stands.  Good on it's own.  But him doing that reminded me that I forgot to place the armor and weapon stands I made a year ago in the relevant nobles' rooms. He was helpful enough to remind me  :).

He was a good mayor.  Until he fell into my moat and drowned.  I still donno how the heck that happened.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3