Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Cursemountains, the hunt for wealth  (Read 11290 times)

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cursemountains, the hunt for wealth
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2008, 11:43:00 am »

What a superior name for my family. Cudgledance

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »

Nos3y, your dwarf's family name is actually Lockwheels, Cudgeldance is your lover's family name.  There have been no new marriages from the new couples yet.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

7th Malachite, 1057
Magma. MAGMA! Of all the discoveries we have or could have made, this has to top the lot! It was discovered nearly four months ago, but only recently made safe enough to use. While others were naturally excited about the easier access to metal items that the magma allows us, the greater implications weren't lost on me. Glass! Lots of glass! As much glass as we could ever want, and more! While Surath was outstanding in keeping the wood flowing so that I could keep the glass furnace burning, now I don't even have that restriction.

With wood in much less demand now, perhaps I can convince Surath to set aside some wood to be converted into pearlash. That would be just what I need to remove the impurities from the glass I make, so perhaps the fortress can be decorated with clear glass or even crystal glass items!

"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2008, 09:07:00 am »

Work's piled faster than I expected, so the next update will probably be sometime tomorrow.  Sorry about the delay folks.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »

Life > Games
I'm enjoying this very much   :) Its nice to be a pivotal dwarf in a story too, makes me much more motivated to check out the story   :D

Can we get a map of the fort so far as well?

[ February 21, 2008: Message edited by: Nos3y ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

12th Galena, 1057
A thief had somehow managed to steal Eshomrodem Rinal, the idol.  When Watson investigated how this dastardly deed might have been accomplished, he realized that the artifact had never been brought into the fort as ordered.  It had been lying out in the sand for months, and in fact he was surprised that it had not been stolen previously, considering its unguarded state.

Upon hearing his report, Surath promptly ordered the designation of a stockpile deep within the fort that would hold all such valuable items.  Their wealth would not be left lying around for the vermin kobolds to steal.

OOC: I'll try to get a map up on the DFMA sometime this weekend.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

15th Limestone, 1057
The dwarven caravan had returned, still minus the liaison.  At least this time the merchants had an explanation.

"The Queen is furious.  You were sent here to mine adamantine, and have not yet sent any back to her.  She has imprisoned the liaison for failing to meet her demands."

"But there isn't any adamantine here!  Not that we've found anyway."  Surath protested.

The merchant smiled slightly.  "You know what the nobles are like, and the higher ranking they are the worse they are."

Surath paced a moment.  "So you're saying that until the liaison is freed, I have no way of ordering what we need in the way of supplies."

The merchant shrugged.  "I would help you, except that two of my mercenaries appear to have wandered into some ridiculously placed traps, so under the circumstances..."

"But it's not my fault those dwarves were so far off the track!  Had we spotted them earlier they would have been warned, just as the wagons were!"

But no matter how Surath argued, the merchant leader would not budge.  Even if the death of the mercenaries was not an act of war, it was not in the caravan's best interests either.  And so the merchants refused to help.

"Armok spare me from such stupidity," Surath muttered after parting from them.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

21st Limestine, 1057
Kobolds really were stupid creatures.  One of their ilk had appeared in the middle of the trade depot.  Needless to say it hadn't lasted very long.  Why they should chose the most crowded entrance into the fort when attempting to sneak into it was incomprehensible.  Granted, both entrances were always heavily guarded, but still...  Of course, what was even more puzzling was that the merchants ran as soon as they saw it.

"It's only a kobold.  Annoying, but harmless," said Watson.

"It's carrying a dagger!"  And the merchants would not return until the remains had been cleaned up.  Really, they were awfully flighty for dwarves and the soldiers shook their heads in disgust at such undwarvenly behavior.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2008, 11:02:00 am »

I'm having trouble getting the compressor to work, so I'll have to figure that out before I can post a map.  I'll get it up as soon as I can, though.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2008, 01:09:00 pm »

27th Sandstone, 1057
A dozen more migrants had arrived, bringing the total number of dwarves up to 150. Most of the new arrivals were promptly put to work dumping the never-ending hunks of stone, while a few were drafted into the ever-hungry military.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

6th Moonstone, 1057
One of the new arrivals had gone fey, grabbed a craftsdwarf's shop and begun making another artifact.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

10th Moonstone, 1057
The goblin hordes had returned.  Almost half of them were bowgoblins of one persuasion or another, but Watson was confident that the Cursemountains were superior, and set about his preparations.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

13th Moonstone, 1057
The fey dwarf had completed his artifact, another marble crown.  It was decorated with cave spider silk, marble and red spinel, but nothing noteworthy.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

19th Moonstone, 1057
The siege had been broken, but at great cost.  The bowgoblins had managed to kill twelve soldiers, including the valiant Kroma.  In addition, one of the dead wrestlers had carried her baby into battle and been accompanied by two older children.  All three had fallen, as well as a hapless furnace operator who had disobeyed Watson command that all civilian dwarves remain inside.

A dark pall descended on the fort, with many upset dwarves, for the dead had had many friends.  Several dwarves began to tantrum, and Surath was far too busy comforting and pacifying the bereaved to even think of doing anything else.

Nosey in particular was miserable because his lover, Kubuk, had been one of the casualties in the carnage.  Watson was so upset at losing so many good soldiers that he threw a tantrum.  It would be a long time before the fort regained its normal status of affairs.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »

21st Moonstone, 1057
One of the wrestlers had gone berserk and killed a civilian before being torn apart by the wardogs.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18