Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01  (Read 27850 times)

Coldnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »

A new version of masterwork for 42.XX fills me with excitment, even if it has no new stuff.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2015, 01:59:55 am »

I was working my way through masterwork raws today, trying to figure out how to get my rubble, leatherwings, steel trees, simplified meat/wood/fish and meatstone into 42.03. I can't even find half of it. I'm okay with some new features, I just really don't want to lose the old ones.
How do I give my dwarves speed:0 now? They have this weird gait tag instead now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:08:20 am by Darkond2100 »
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2015, 03:37:37 am »

I was working my way through masterwork raws today, trying to figure out how to get my rubble, leatherwings, steel trees, simplified meat/wood/fish and meatstone into 42.03. I can't even find half of it. I'm okay with some new features, I just really don't want to lose the old ones.
How do I give my dwarves speed:0 now? They have this weird gait tag instead now.

Look into the notes subfolder of the raws, toady left us a bunch of examples to copy and paste.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2015, 05:09:44 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:49 am »

By the way, I may suggest the return of armored mounts because this made mounted enemies challenging and also the only thing to not die instantly to pyromancers.  :P

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 08:12:46 am »

Seeing masterwork finally getting updated...It fills you with determination.

(Sorry, I just had to. The joke was right there and it had to be made.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »

Seeing masterwork finally getting updated...It fills you with determination.

(Sorry, I just had to. The joke was right there and it had to be made.)
Sadly, I dont get it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Voukras

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »

Honestly just seeing a Masterwork DF build as soon as possible would be the best Christmas gift ever already.

Bsgt. Cylius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 04:10:13 pm »

Hey everyone. Long time dwarf player, first time poster. I enjoy this game so much I figured it was time to become more active in the community and start learning more about the inner mechanics and coding.

Anyway, I'm loving the new rumours system in adventure mode, as opposed to just following a guided quest. I actually have to keep track of names, locations, and events to stay on my target goals..But it's slow as shit when I'm in a town, dark fortress, etc. So I can't wait for the latest masterwork to come out because MW 6.2 runs like a dream. I can go anywhere without much trouble and I'm reaching something like 18000 fps.

So thanks for everything you guys do. This is literally the only game I can enjoy playing for any length of time, and I hope to contribute something significant someday as well :)

Bsgt. Cylius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »

Oh and please do something about the passive dialogue, it's very annoying having to dismiss 30+ pages of speech after before moving to the next tile only to be bombarded again.. Also makes it difficult to talk to someone in a crowded area.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »

can't

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 08:25:43 pm »

Hey everyone. Long time dwarf player, first time poster. I enjoy this game so much I figured it was time to become more active in the community and start learning more about the inner mechanics and coding.

Anyway, I'm loving the new rumours system in adventure mode, as opposed to just following a guided quest. I actually have to keep track of names, locations, and events to stay on my target goals..But it's slow as shit when I'm in a town, dark fortress, etc. So I can't wait for the latest masterwork to come out because MW 6.2 runs like a dream. I can go anywhere without much trouble and I'm reaching something like 18000 fps.

So thanks for everything you guys do. This is literally the only game I can enjoy playing for any length of time, and I hope to contribute something significant someday as well :)
18000fps
I want your PC
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2015, 11:23:13 pm »

I suggest that MWDF 2016 be developed using github.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2015, 09:01:06 am »

I suggest that MWDF 2016 be developed using github.
Suggestion noted, and refused. Github is too complex for your average user, who doesnt even read the manual for the included mod-ui.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »

Github is not for the user, only developers. The user doesn't need to deal with it at all, except maybe to download it, but you can still use DFFD for that anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11