Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60030 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2015, 01:42:09 pm »

Well, guess this gives me an excuse to add some art to kobold civs. ;_;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2015, 01:44:58 pm »

Made a world, let it run for 300 years. Now I'm a human adventure trapped below ground in an enormous winding series of belowground fortresses and roads. Haven't found a way out in literally months of ingame time. Can only sustain myself with 2 waterskins I've found (all armor I find is "small" and no other backpacks or quivers) which I can only fill at 2 rivers that go 2 tiles deep (and thus don't give me muddy water), and have been feeding off of the occasional giant toad that I kill.

Anyone got any advice on how to get out, I haven't seen the sun in ages, and its cold down here.

Also does anyone know how to clean "muddy" or "stagnant" water to be drinkable?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »

bad news tipi straight up Gone.
like vanished for good.
I'm panicking.
Dwarf fortress just Spook me.
Tipi isn't dead also found out Tipi was married.
I think I found silent hill.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2015, 01:58:08 pm »

And I Sang 'Toasts!'

That's serious the name of the song I wrote.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2015, 02:02:48 pm »

Naturally you will now be scorned if you gain your vampirism or lycanthropy from toppling statues.
Purebloods ftw
thincake

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »

Naturally you will now be scorned if you gain your vampirism or lycanthropy from toppling statues.
Purebloods ftw

I've noticed that people tend to flip out in general if they witness you feeding. Though it might be because I was a murderer and a usurper to begin with, and my ally was a bandit that shoud've already been hostile.

So many they just got spooked enough to re-evaluate their hostility level and remember that oh yeah, they should be killing me.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2015, 02:20:47 pm »

Made a world, let it run for 300 years. Now I'm a human adventure trapped below ground in an enormous winding series of belowground fortresses and roads. Haven't found a way out in literally months of ingame time. Can only sustain myself with 2 waterskins I've found (all armor I find is "small" and no other backpacks or quivers) which I can only fill at 2 rivers that go 2 tiles deep (and thus don't give me muddy water), and have been feeding off of the occasional giant toad that I kill.

Anyone got any advice on how to get out, I haven't seen the sun in ages, and its cold down here.

Get to a fortress switch on travel mode and use the stair up key until you are back to the over world. ( yeah it's really that easy)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:17 pm »

The actual fortress levels can still be mazelike though.

Now, I gave kobolds dancing and music, and I discovered apparently you can compose music if you have a level in...something.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »

Starting to remember my dwarf was a Tall Dwarf to Tipi's Short elf who walk out of the nearest tavern... in a place that has none.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:03 pm »

Got my first freeze during the "simulating world" thing. Second attempt worked.

Guess I'll be a proper kobold bard, with musical skills.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

Get to a fortress switch on travel mode and use the stair up key until you are back to the over world. ( yeah it's really that easy)

...*gasps for breath*...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2015, 02:38:24 pm »

I still wish I knew how to get kobold civilians to inhabit the cave.

Oh well. Time to leave and see if I can meet some humans.

How do I write? >.<

EDIT: First hamlet had a few bar-looking not-taverns and no mead hall, second one's mead hall...The Tower of Stabbing. This bodes unwell.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:04:12 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2015, 03:03:47 pm »

Holy crud, how did you manage to generate for 300 years without crashing?

Also I think adventurers only drink muddy or stagnant water if they're thirsty enough IIRC, atleast thats how it was in the previous version.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:49 pm »

Pouring out your last sip of clean water and refilling from the puddle should still work.

EDIT: Greeting humans! Let me sing you dance the song of my people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 2: Next hamlet, at last I found a scroll! A copy of...Master of The Light of Day. Let's see...

EDIT 3: Gee. You're telling me daylight varies according to the seasons? How cute, you made a whole scroll on the subject.

EDIT 4: Random hole in the mead hall's roof. Odd.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:42:55 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2015, 03:44:01 pm »

Arrived in the deserted hamlet of Glazedballs. The manor house is inhabited by exiled dwarven nobles from several sites and a troupe of elven and goblin dancers and poets. I suspect there has been some artistic differences since everyone is now engaged in a bloody brawl to the death, with teeth and ears flying everywhere. Looks like I'll have to pick a side if I'm planning to sleep indoors tonight.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31