Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60034 times)

Bloodl1ke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2015, 04:08:06 am »

I became so renown about my terrible storytelling in the town's tavern that I now get to sleep and drink there for free. I also went to take care of some kobolds and noticed some of them take care of each other just as well without my help. I wonder if that should happen?

Also a question regarding Brawls - how do you initiate them? I once punched a townsperson and he entered brawl mode and fled. Then I punched a crossbowman and he went Lethal from start. What could be the reason for that? Could it be the fact I have iron gauntlets? Or is punching people with metal gloves ok?

EDIT: Yep, punching people with metal gauntlets counts as lethal fighting.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:15:47 am by Bloodl1ke »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2015, 05:40:07 am »

Flying animal people are so much fun !

Kill your aggressors bomber-style by dropping all kind of crap on them, all the while reciting a poem.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:55 am »

I had little mini-run with a Kea Man, basically seeing if aerial archery was feasible. The answer seems to be no. Also, not all temples curse you.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2015, 06:47:22 am »

Has no one yet decided to fawn over our new little green skill bars? I mean, sure it's no dancing but now there's a snazzy visual for tracking your progress! It just makes me so happy for some reason.
Also, is 'Take over the world' an accomplishable goal?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2015, 06:50:02 am »

I initially believed those had something to do with the needs, though now you mention it, they are skill bars. That's super neat.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2015, 07:50:50 am »

Visiting the dwarven hillock of Fencestakes in the Hill of Perishment. I just witnessed a group of goblin children beat a dwarf blacksmith to death while stopping to play make believe in between. Afterwards they looted his corpse and went on with their play.

These multi-species sites are going to be fun.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2015, 08:38:40 am »

I don't know if you can rescue prisoners... now they're all loose and playing make-believe as they escape. They were showing as no quarter with me (I only accidentally punched like four goblins to death, honest) so I couldn't get them to break out of it... very creepy in a cute sort of way.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:02 am »

Well, at long last I've altered a mod of mine enough that it's time for some shenanigans. Gonna see how well becoming a kobold bard works out.

From what I've seen of vanilla DF2015 kobold bandits, supplementing the [UTTERANCES] flag with [INTELLIGENT] remains a smart idea.

Aaaand...at long last I got my first worldgen freeze! o3o

EDIT: My fault for deciding the world wasn't hostile enough and trying a second world-gen. First and third time's the charm. Went with fairly vanilla 65x65 island, though with more caves, visible caves, only 1 polar region, and no boogeymen. 100 years went by perfectly. I see at least 1 tomb and 1 tower, and my delicious kobolds survived worldgen.

EDIT 2: And now? Adventure!

Character creation lunacy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:59:16 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2015, 12:09:32 pm »

That's not a kobold bard. That's a kobold Little John.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2015, 12:12:16 pm »

That's not a kobold bard. That's a kobold Little John.

About to be a self-taught kobold bard. Eventually. Plus bards rarely live long enough to become experts if they spend skill points in musical skills insrtead of their not-dying skills. ;w;

EDIT: Spawned waaay up north in the snowy Washed Hills, it seems the civilizations in general on this world favor the north, as my worldgen map showed maybe a single tome but no other signs of civilization in the southern half. I found a lone tent near the cave, no sign of the half-dozen kobolds I know, yet. Due to my modding additions, I expect them to remain duty-bound like in .40.24.

EDIT 2: More tents, no signs of anyone present yet. If I don't find anyone soon, I'll venture sought towards the human towns I can see nearby.

EDIT 3: Fast travel allowed me to see a band approaching the cave. It's...the chieftain, and a few others. Yay! o3o

EDIT 4: Got info on all the rival bandit camps that he knew of, one thing DF2015 SEEMS to have fixed is that native kobolds won't complain about skulking vermin if they're the "vermin" in question.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:37:15 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »

well this happen uhh wonder what god overlooks this place.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2015, 12:57:38 pm »

Clearly the tavern and temple were renamed because everyone was thinking about food, due to the market imploding.

EDIT: It seems I can't compose any poetry or write, because presumably kobolds lack art generation. ;w;
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:02:15 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2015, 01:28:09 pm »

okay so the place was run by a human vampire at the year 51 so it would make sense with count chocula.
I found an elfgirl name tipi who as I wander into this empty keep outside of the millions of elves and humans at the start
Tipi keeps vanishing and coming back duplicated.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:30 pm »

Two, two, two Tipis, ah-ahah!

And...hmm. Maybe I can learn a musical form by migrating to the humans.

EDIT: Oh shit. First hamlet I encounter is the one that got taken over by goblin bandits. D:

EDIT 2: Steamrolled by a lonely speargoblin because I had the gall to ask him who runs this town.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:39:47 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2015, 01:39:54 pm »

started a troupe and RNG pick out the perfect name because we're called the lucky Princesses.
because Tipi keeps poofing back with a twin, and vanishing.
it's FREAKY as when walking out at night.
because you sure you're safe then tipi just blinks out and now miles away.
maybe I shouldn't have pick up that nickle scroll in the castle.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31