Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60037 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »

Centaurs are modded, the horses and jaguars being playable isn't though; although I think they may be the result of animal uprisings, similarly to how trolls fight goblins in their own forts.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2015, 04:14:47 pm »

The Whynom race in the old Merchant of Venus boardgame are horses. Just space-faring four-legged horses. The rerelease of the game made them centaurs. Boo. Space-faring hooved horses is funnier.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2015, 04:21:07 pm »

I ordered a dwarven rum from a tavern. I then hit the wrong key, d instead of e, and dumped the rum all over the floor, right in front of the innkeeper...coincidentally, my dwarf peasant is now crying.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »

Now, where was I...oh yeah.

I had to murder my bandit ally. I'm gonna go take over this town, nominate the guards as hearthpeople, then argue the worthlessness of law.

And then maybe get drunk. Does puking from overdrinking affect whether the drinks puked up count toward your drunkness?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2015, 04:39:04 pm »

I am now attempting to play a song. The song I chose uses a kikes, a big drum, and a nebin, a big horn, neither of which I have or know how to play. Instead I'm playing a kot, a stringed harp like instrument with 52 strings, and "imitating" the part of the nebin.

Also I don't know anything about performing whatsoever, including playing the kot, and I'm making "shameful mockeries" of the nebin. Both me and the random architect that came over to imitate the part of the kikes is crying. At least the architect sounds vaguely like a kikes, I don't know what he's upset about.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2015, 04:42:02 pm »

Huehuehue. I waited until night and murdered the resident lady, taking over. One of the kids attacked me, I tried to talk her down. Took a wrist lock to "calm" her.

EDIT: Okay, you say you can't tell stories about yourself, to elaborate on your murders? You can pick the victim as the subject of the story, namely a story of their death. o3o
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:47:37 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2015, 04:54:59 pm »

I'm having lots of fun with my (in order) human scholar swordsman vampire necromancer. He's crippled because a goblin stabbed his leg. I've also murdered a lot of people and read a lot of books I looted from said necromancer's tower.

I'm trying to get to a town so I can perform in the market and do one of those conga line type things I keep hearing about.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2015, 04:56:35 pm »

I should've invested in literacy. I didn't realize writing would be a thing for adventurers. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »

That was my mistake in a lot of my test adventurers. This guy is my first real adventurer this version.

Right now I'm visiting a dwarven fortress so I can fulfill my need to drink. And also spend some of this money I stole off a corpse.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2015, 05:11:42 pm »

Nice. I assumed my small-ish world would lack any necromancers, so I slacked off in the reading department.

Maybe if I modded in a reaction to train reading...if there ARE necromancers, I'm gonna want to take advantage of how trivial it is to become a vampire now.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2015, 05:23:52 pm »

I really like how a 'Pacifist' run has more things to do other then sell stuff/Wander the world and how I can be a drunk Spider bard telling stories of people who were murdered and beatbox a guitar. Overall, a really solid update.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2015, 05:27:11 pm »

Playing as a goblin, beating up random priests in the city, when all of a sudden I see an army on the map.

I go over to it and find a horse recruit, along with five regular horses.  They just stand there.  Knowing from experience that picking fights with large quadrupeds rarely ends well, I turn around and walk off.

As soon as I start traveling, the horse squad starts following me.  It doesn't attack or anything, it just follows one step behind.  I come out of quick-travel and the horse and his horsey crew are standing right off screen.  They are making me uncomfortable, so I refrain from beating up any more civilians in the town.

I go into quick-travel again.  It keep following me.

I travel out into the wilderness.  It keeps following me.

Night falls and a pack wild dingoes attack.  I try to lead them back toward my equine stalkers, but they catch up and tear my gobbo to shreds.  And right at the edge of the screen, the horses are still there...just standing...and watching.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2015, 05:47:20 pm »

I've been trying to be a bard, but I apparently don't know any songs for the hand-held stringed instrument I spawned with.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

Playing as a goblin, beating up random priests in the city, when all of a sudden I see an army on the map.

I go over to it and find a horse recruit, along with five regular horses.  They just stand there.  Knowing from experience that picking fights with large quadrupeds rarely ends well, I turn around and walk off.

As soon as I start traveling, the horse squad starts following me.  It doesn't attack or anything, it just follows one step behind.  I come out of quick-travel and the horse and his horsey crew are standing right off screen.  They are making me uncomfortable, so I refrain from beating up any more civilians in the town.

I go into quick-travel again.  It keep following me.

I travel out into the wilderness.  It keeps following me.

Night falls and a pack wild dingoes attack.  I try to lead them back toward my equine stalkers, but they catch up and tear my gobbo to shreds.  And right at the edge of the screen, the horses are still there...just standing...and watching.

Whoa, that's... creepy.
Seems that Black Beauty just hasn't dark hair but a dark heart too...

fomori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2015, 05:51:49 pm »

This update is great. Only issue is that I can't figure out how to drink :/ The bartender says 'I will get it' or whatever, then they go away. When I talk to them again the conversation starts from scratch, except all they offer is a room. I apparently owe them money after asking for a drink, but even when I give them something they don't give me my foxtail beer :(

Can someone tell me what's up?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31