Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60132 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 04:51:10 am »

Okay, my party ho is getting dizzy from the alcohol. Merely dizzy after downing 4 barrels of alcohol.

You can state feelings of euphoria after inebriation.

EDIT:Oh shit, she's dead!

Apparently alcohol poisoning results in you losing consciousness for a while before it impairs lung tissue, leaving you unable to breathe.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:54:17 am by ZM5 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:39 am »

sounds like you drown in your own pool of vomit...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 05:03:35 am »

PTW.

Also, a kid called Uhos Circlestills in my world history was born and then died the same year, devoured by a hydra. He was the only son of Tal Pridesnack and Rura Routships.
Poor parents.

EDIT: Went to visit them, and they're very upset still. Only happened last year.
IMMERSION
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:22:39 am by Adragis029 »
thincake

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2015, 05:31:27 am »

sounds like you drown in your own pool of vomit...
Could be. Nasty thought but eh, people died from this irl anyway so, yay realism!

Alright well, fixed up some of my mods by adding the relevant tags and stuff...hopefully this'll pay off.

EDIT: Wow, LOTS of crashes during worldgen.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:41:15 am by ZM5 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2015, 05:49:56 am »

First played as a human swordswoman.  The game loaded in the middle of a fight between a Plump Helmet Man and basically everyone.  Great start.  I ended the fight by biting off all of the PHM's limbs, then beating it to death with my hands.

Went to the next town and visited the fort.  During a recital of "We See Busts", kobolds started streaming out of the basement.  After killing all of them, I asked to become a hearthsperson.  The lord said I wasn't good enough, so I threw a kobold head at him.  He ran off and I was attacked by his two guards.  I quickly disarmed the maceman and he surrendered, but was then killed by the spearman.

Next game, I played as a monitor lizard man.  Went into the marketplace and started playing the air guitar (not actually a guitar, but some other instrument), at which point all of the merchants left their posts, arranged into a line, and started singing along.  Like out of a musical.  I then interrupted the song to strangle a nearby cat, butchered it and visited the nearby tavern.  Nobody seemed to mind.

I ordered some prickle berry wine from the elvish bartender and paid for it with a piece of cat meat.  Then I went over to the wine barrel and drank straight from it until I started to vomit.  The bartender said I didn't owe him anything (hmm...) so I just went upstairs and went to sleep.  Then the game crashed.

All in all, the world feels a lot more fleshed out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 05:58:33 am »

First played as a human swordswoman.  The game loaded in the middle of a fight between a Plump Helmet Man and basically everyone.  Great start.  I ended the fight by biting off all of the PHM's limbs, then beating it to death with my hands.

Went to the next town and visited the fort.  During a recital of "We See Busts", kobolds started streaming out of the basement.  After killing all of them, I asked to become a hearthsperson.  The lord said I wasn't good enough, so I threw a kobold head at him.  He ran off and I was attacked by his two guards.  I quickly disarmed the maceman and he surrendered, but was then killed by the spearman.

Next game, I played as a monitor lizard man.  Went into the marketplace and started playing the air guitar (not actually a guitar, but some other instrument), at which point all of the merchants left their posts, arranged into a line, and started singing along.  Like out of a musical.  I then interrupted the song to strangle a nearby cat, butchered it and visited the nearby tavern.  Nobody seemed to mind.

I ordered some prickle berry wine from the elvish bartender and paid for it with a piece of cat meat.  Then I went over to the wine barrel and drank straight from it until I started to vomit.  The bartender said I didn't owe him anything (hmm...) so I just went upstairs and went to sleep.  Then the game crashed.

All in all, the world feels a lot more fleshed out.
This post truly made me laugh out loud, nice one! :))
Sounds like you've been having fun. I can't wait for my world to finish generating... I think I must have chosen 'very long'. And now I can't pause it. Whoops. Played around a bit on a tiny world in another window, seems awesome even though the world was pretty boring. Augh such anticipation. 

Goblins are harsh critics when it comes to poetry, it seems. Also none of them like me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 06:03:03 am »

What's with goblins by the way?
They seem really hated wherever they go, like I mentioned in my previous posts I came across dead goblins in taverns, and saw one getting its head crushed in.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 06:12:35 am »

People probably take objection to them being programmed for evil on a species level.

So, temples are kinda overpowered. Nobody seems to care if you desecrate them, and then you get free vampirism or were-fication.

Also, killed my first bogeymen, using a templepire adventurer. The fun part is that he was basically just average in combat stats, and had been so severely injured in previous engagements that the only functioning part of his body was the head, so I somehow managed to bite four bogeymen to death while borderline immobile, at extremely low combat levels, without aiming my attacks. Either they're easier now, or I got hella lucky.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 06:13:41 am »

What's with goblins by the way?
They seem really hated wherever they go, like I mentioned in my previous posts I came across dead goblins in taverns, and saw one getting its head crushed in.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional.  Their values and personalities are specifically designed to make everyone else hate them.  It was stranger in the old version when goblins *didn't* get into fights constantly.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 06:25:14 am »

I finally got a world generated with the default settings. Just did it over and over until success.

Now I'm a Locally Important Goblin Demigod in a tavern, dancing, killing everyone, and then telling the story about how i killed those people to the survivors, and then killing anyone who criticizes my stories. It's quite fun.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 06:28:10 am »

Oh shit, how do you become a necromancer/any mage in this version?

I read a slab but...didn't get any of the acquired powers. Is it because I'm a vampire? Wasn't like this in the previous version.

Edit: Oh derp, I'm a dumbo. Forgot for a second I was playing as goblin. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:32:34 am by ZM5 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 06:51:23 am »

Well, now 'm sorely irritated at outsiders being removed.

Guess why? Because now you can't make a monster island any play it. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 06:53:46 am »

Well, now 'm sorely irritated at outsiders being removed.

Guess why? Because now you can't make a monster island any play it. ;w;
Can you? I saw the outsider option when I was picking a human.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 06:54:48 am »

Yeah, you can do outsiders.
thincake

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2015, 06:58:58 am »

They aren't in entity_default anymore, just add the tag [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to different races as I recall.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31