Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60112 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:25 am »

Maybe Focus/Determination (fuck it, that my new name for it) affects skill learning, like Focus in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead?

I'd been doing non-stop PRs for CDDA lately, so maybe I've just got it stuck in my brain.

Anyway. Children blink with a magenta quote mark. Why? >w<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 12:19:45 am »

Maybe Focus/Determination (fuck it, that my new name for it) affects skill learning, like Focus in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead?

I'd been doing non-stop PRs for CDDA lately, so maybe I've just got it stuck in my brain.

Anyway. Children blink with a magenta quote mark. Why? >w<

According to the game they're playing make-Believe
So while you're corrupting them with your Sith lord influence their little innocent game where they pretend they're fairies slowly turn into them making power fantasies and the fairies murdering each other to come out on top.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:17 am »

after chilling in the tavern for a bit, i heard a fight outside in the market, and walked out to see a cockateal man butcher fighting a goblin butcher.... i assume it was over who was the better butcher...... i like this little town.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 12:21:39 am »

After murdering Kobolds in a camp I returned to the town to see a bar fight between two merchants and one beat the other to death with his fists, then immediately after I got boozed up on Strawberry Wine.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:04 am »

The saddest part so far is that people get beer made out of raw sewage or sweet potatoes or drinking swords while I am here with the Strawberry Wine in my mug.
Sewer brew is actually just made from rat weed. Sweet potato wine is vodka.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 12:25:08 am »

On my way between 2 hamlet, i ran into a lair.
With my 2 companions we managed to destroy the strong creature of the night that was in there.
Both my character and one of my companions can't walk anymore as a result of the fight, while the last companion is now missing a hand.

But we annihilated that thing for good.

Back into a hamlet, we went (crawling) to see the lord of the fort in it.
I reported the deed, "it was inevitable" disheartening answer same as df2014 , and a couple of turns after that, the lord told me about a creature of the night making them cowering in fear.
The name of the thing sounded familiar so i asked where it was just to be sure ..
And the lord told me the beast had been slain by ... my character.

yeah basically that was the creature i reported to have killed a couple of turn before.
looks like that old df2014 rumour reporting problem is still a problem in 42.01
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:26:43 am by Robsoie »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 12:26:59 am »

According to the game they're playing make-Believe
So while you're corrupting them with your Sith lord influence their little innocent game where they pretend they're fairies slowly turn into them making power fantasies and the fairies murdering each other to come out on top.

Any way to join in their game? Or crush their little fantasy? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:08 am »

kinda find out you can easily recruit people into a troupe if you perform in front of them. much so than just the old way of getting famous and asking folks to adventuring.
also recruited a person just by talking about a performance I did a few days ago.
leading to a "Be MERRY" and a instant yes.

the killing business isn't cutting it, it's all performing arts for me.
come see the SpideryActs at your local pub.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

Is there a limit to how many headbangers can mosh with you, though? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:46 am »

Drinking in dwarf fortress

EDIT: in case u didn't notice, after drinking they just drop the empty mug on the ground
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 12:46:43 am »

Drinking in dwarf fortress

EDIT: in case u didn't notice, after drinking they just drop the empty mug on the ground
This
"Throws Mug on ground and it cracks* ANOTHER DRINK OF BOOZE, AND ANOTHER *urf* DRINK! AND ANOTHER *BARF* DRINK! ANO-*chokes to death on puke*

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2015, 12:50:31 am »

Has anyone found a library yet? I've been looking around, but I can't seem to locate anything "library-ish."
Do they spawn in large towns as their own location (similar to taverns) or are they located elsewhere?

On another note, dancing is amazing. It seems like you can get just about anyone to follow you if you just dance near them. I'm wondering if other sentient races (like a cyclops) will try to dance with you, given the chance...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2015, 12:51:09 am »

Bah, just steal the booze. Not even the barrel, the booze itself.

So, a hamlet. And my bloodthirst is up. Maybe after I sate myself, I'll see about conquering this place.

EDIT: Mead hall, The Virtuous Stakes. How fitting.

EDIT 2: My bandit companion saw me feeding on a mule, now she's hostile. As you wish. You always were bandit scum, I just hoped you'd stay a good goblin for longer than most bandits I recruit.

"You silently slash the Crossbowman in the neck from the side with your iron short sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Sokröx Xolanguzông, Crossbowman has been struck down."

This is the first time I recall feeling bad about killing a goblin bandit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:00:11 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2015, 01:47:45 am »

Now to figure out how to write music for the heavy copper stringed instrument I just found to replace my alpaca bone one with.

Real easy to get mods working with, I just copied over the relevant new tags and stuff and it works fine.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:11 am »

so I googled what ribald was, and realized my spiderlady was doing a funny dirty performance.
kinda answers the 17 companions I have.
which answers the replies I got

both poems are ribald I kinda pump loads of skill into my spiderlady's dancing stat and both songs are ribald as hell.
well gotta just settle with this fact.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31