Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57669 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: On Kobolds
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2015, 07:55:47 pm »

Appearently you cannot play as Kobolds.
That means no Bard with [Utterances] for me.

That's gonna be first on my list of things to do when I update Adventurecraft.

It also looks like adventure goblins are restricted to those that immigrated to a "proper" civilization. I'll fix that too. 3:

And now, to see how well kobolds are weathering these updates. And by that, I mean time to go murder the shit out of the first bandit camp I find.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

This militia commander is also a peace-loving hippy. Very resistant to changed his value.

Um...I'm focused now. What the fuck. D:

EDIT: Right after this, he changed his mind. I have taught him the meaning of war.

I congratulate you on your achievement

I tried to convince a lady that peace was worthless...she wouldn't change her values so I tried to assassinate her, then I was completely owned by her guards.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2015, 08:02:54 pm »

I'm not sure what happened, but I walked into the Lord's room, and it was full of poets beating each other to death with books.

Are poets particularly violent, or was this a coincidence?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 08:03:49 pm »

It goes away after awhile, and you can die of alcohol poisoning so be careful.
Testing that. Made a party ho adventurer, stole all the barrels from both taverns in town, drinking all 10 or so of them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2015, 08:08:40 pm »

Kegstands ensue.

And...well. Camp is a goblin camp. Sadly it seems I can't get any worthwhile conversation out of them, as I am surely a traitor in their eyes. Time for Stealth Rock.

I miss having a sling. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2015, 08:12:40 pm »

Wow, the timing on this couldn't have been better.

Gulped down 3 full barrels of 40 stacks of alcohol each, not dead yet but already in vomit purgatory.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2015, 08:20:48 pm »

I found two clothing mounds, but no booze. ;w;

Oh well, back in the bandit lands, and back in familiar territory. Use the terrain, draw off one enemy, one well-placed stab to KO, pulp the neck, pulp the throat, cleave his lower body in twain because I kept trying to go for the disembowel-and-chop-the-guts-off trick...

I'm back in my element.

EDIT: Some things never change.

EDIT 2: Got a crossbow bandit to join me, so I'm gonna see if they'll make it with me back to the hillocks without bugs ensuing.

Then? We talk about feelings. Maybe.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:59:49 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2015, 09:23:29 pm »

Remember to watch your needs, keep them in the green.

Anyone else love the new level bars,
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »

What happens if my needs go negative?

Also. I can recite shitty poetry. And "simulate" musical instruments because presumably I don't have any. One of the two instruments generated is basically bagpipes.

I'm beatboxing bagpipes.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:37 pm »

After generating a world (stopping at y38) i found a full featured town with a great wall, sewers and everything else, this usually happens at year 115 or so i think

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:29 pm »

The drunk nearby is playing air guitar as well, while my bandit companion is basically heckling us.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 09:43:26 pm »

we all know you can talk to god, and he won't answer, but at least now, you can feel spiritually fulfilled because of it....

tried my hand at religion... it didn't take.

Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2015, 09:44:57 pm »

I decided to make some tests regarding the NPC reaction to kills and etc.. to see if npc reaction are as broken bad as in df2014 or if they're finally reacting, i was not hoping as much reaction as in 34.11 though, but let's see.

started a character and found myself spawning in a dwarven fortress, the lag was absurdly high to unplayable level while there was only a few npc only around, i only managed to get out thanks to the fast travel that actually worked this time . Same bug observed in df2014, probably some broken pathfinding spam that cripple performance in the same way mood-dwarf that are on a tree destroy performance in fortress mode.

I went to a dwarven hillock and entered a mound that featured several profession-dwarves and a baroness consort.
I noticed the df2014 usual "is that a weapon" style of random crap but things changed when i slashed a nearby dwarven gelder (never trusted those guys anyways :D )
the baroness consort went directly hostile and attacked me ! wow i was pleasantly surprised to see an actual reaction !
Unfortunately none of the other profession-dwarves present cared and they behaved no different from the broken df2014

Once the whole mound citizens were destroyed (out of the baroness consort, none of the other dwarves even tried to fight back when they were multiple times slashes, similarly to df2014, most of them were not even trying to run away, so sad) i moved to another mound, in this one no profession-dwarves only drunk dwarves.

Instead of slashing randomly, i decided to shout using the brag about violent act option to see if the npc would react to information, after a bunch of df2014-like "it was inevitable" and "it is terrifying" that disapointed me, after half a dozen of brag, 2 drunks rushed to attack me , wow !
Unfortunately i can't say if it's finally an actual npc reaction or if it is just drunk random brawl behaviour, this will need more test.

After getting rid of both, i went to a human town nearby, i got into the town small fort and did the bragging stuff multiple time to the Lady and a nearby bowman , neither cared.
But at least it made sense tough, as they're not the same factions, and who know maybe they were at odds.

Then to test more in that location i moved out of sight in another room of the fort and with my dwarven companion killed a hammerman and a crossbowman, then i went back to the Lady and reported my kill of both her guards, using a brag or two in the middle in case it helped (like it seemed to do for the dwarven drunks).
Neither the Lady or the nearby bowman reacted (ouf ot the "it was inevitable" or "it is terrifying" usual annoying answers) , or panicked or went hostile, basically they behaved exactly like in df2014

I left and went to a bandit camp away that a citizen previously mentionned to me.

None of the bandits attacked and i could walk as if it was normal for me to walk in the middle of their turf , oh well, i slashed a goblin bandit and another goblin ... attacked in retaliation, at first i was happy, this made actual sense, so i was ready-ing my character for the fight of his life, 34.11 bandit-style.
Sadly the many other bandits did nothing out of running around, while we were killing them one by one without the goblin "master" doing anything :(

I went to test the goblin "master" if at least they had some of their former 34.11 glory and killed him with incredible ease for my beginning character, without him even fighting back during the multiple slashing

Conclusion :
- very rare some npc will react, that's new from df2014 in which i never had anyone reacting at all
- the heavy majority of npc will not react to anything, as it is in broken df2014
- bandits are still the df2014 pushovers

I didn't tested in goblin dark pits/fortress to see if it improved in comparison to df2014, very likely my next step.

I hope there will be some rebalance and rework of the npc reaction, probably not to the entertaining but probably extreme level of 34.11 but at least something instead of the overall "it was inevitable" all over again.

EDIT : forgot to mention, on the first test with the mounds that had the reacting baroness consort, after i walked away , my companion of the time started to shoot bolts at me.
While he had no problem killing the profession-dwarves in the mound.
He reacted to my character killing spree, though the reaction happened a bit late.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:02:44 pm by Robsoie »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2015, 09:51:19 pm »

I'm pleased that my bandit recruit has yet to turn on me.

EDIT: Found a hamlet, since the drinking mound was bereft of booze. Since Toady forgot to remove the "no eating or drinking needed" tokens from goblins before making them playable, I took advantage of my starting waterskin, chopped liver, dagger, and some goblin meat I had on hand. Sold it all for dosh, time to get drunk and beatbox the bagpipes.

EDIT 2: Potato wine. Sure, why not? Why is a "lord consort" serving drinks in a tavern? And why are there 3 kids in here? And why are the kids flashing with a magenta " symbol? Does that mean they're drunk? By Gamil Tamedbrave, it feels just like home.

EDIT 3: Fuck it. I'll try one of everything ya got.

EDIT 4: And then step 2, argue with the bartender in favor of anarchy.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:23:30 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2015, 10:50:41 pm »

The saddest part so far is that people get beer made out of raw sewage or sweet potatoes or drinking swords while I am here with the Strawberry Wine in my mug.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31