Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57608 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #435 on: December 14, 2015, 12:09:49 am »

Someone wanted to know how to punch people across the room. I tried one interaction, it didn't work...

Spoiler: So I used four! (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 14, 2015, 12:12:00 am »

I am staring at some serious derp.

Also, speaking of derp. Toyed around with worldgen, got a world with thriving civs despite most of it being evil.

EDIT: I'm an anaconda man. Why am I wearing trousers?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:22:49 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 14, 2015, 12:27:14 am »

Don't want none, select_bp:lower_body:rear, etc.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 14, 2015, 01:31:19 am »

I swiftly removed these silly leggy things and dismantled them, succeeding in getting one scrap of leather for later crafting. Soon I assembled a crew and asked the local lord about any troubles. An army from the local kobold civ, marching on one of our southernmost hamlets when we're up north?

Fuck it, I'm top snek. I can totally arrange a grand rescue mission and get the whole population out before the invaders get there.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2015, 05:03:50 am »

Made a brown recluse spider woman dancer, broke up a robbery with dancing, tried again, got punched to death mid-dance.

Rolled up an avenging elf bitch outsider, used the onepunch man interactions, ran over and found the goblins, talked to them and started to tell stories until I found out which one got the kill, murdered the rest, skinned them, made clothes and scrolls from them, took Nako and removed her teeth/ears/eyes/nose/blinded her/removed her arms/feet, waited til she forgot what happened with her buddies and got her to follow me.

Took her to a tavern, sat on top of her wearing goblin bone boots, a goblin skull helm, and goblin hide cloak made from her friends.

Then I told everyone a story about how she killed the little nervous friendly brown recluse spider lady (whose body is in my backpack, well, her backpack) while she lay there pretending she's a chair for me.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:29 am »

Somehow, telling someone a story about their profaning a temple doesn't equivalate to a direct accusation of vampirism. She thought the story was great, and the crowd response was good for most of it. I also managed to convince people of more inflated values of romance, sacrifice and cooperation than I actually hold, but haven't figured out how to really exploit this. There may be a future in oratory, if I find someone who can improve my humor value I could do stand up comedy. Do people tip for that?

Is it possible to learn performance talents you didn't start with? So far I can only tell stories. I'm a novice singer and poet, but I doubt outsider humans have any lyrical forms for me to utilize. Will watching troupes give me the opportunity to learn?

EDIT: Speaker skill isn't increasing even by margins, yet I already have superhuman linguistic ability.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:40:33 am by Uzu Bash »

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 14, 2015, 09:47:31 am »

Is it possible to learn performance talents you didn't start with? So far I can only tell stories. I'm a novice singer and poet, but I doubt outsider humans have any lyrical forms for me to utilize. Will watching troupes give me the opportunity to learn?

1st question: Yes.
2nd question: Yes.
In short: If you read books/scrolls about new poems and songs, you will learn them. Therefore you will be able to create new ones (not forms, but new creations inside these forms).

Somehow, telling someone a story about their profaning a temple doesn't equivalate to a direct accusation of vampirism. She thought the story was great, and the crowd response was good for most of it.

Most stuff, Stephen King tells, isn't true.
I hope.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 14, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

God I hope so too, I'd hate to be trapped in a dense world of crapsack horror cliches!

Only surefire way I've found to dance the naked dances as an outsider is to have a really skilled other adventurer and write down choreography then leave it behind for your nudist.

My system isunstable as heck so trying to work with an unstable dfhack or probe at structures is a crapshoot at best, but it will be nice when I can see what exactly influences why two starting characters with exactly the same skills/attributes from contemporary civilizations can have one capable of composing/writing down new choreography while the other can not.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 14, 2015, 10:13:59 am »

Stephen King brings so much hard research to his stories that they could be almost true. But for all I should know about this vampire, my story may as well be fiction. Still, her guile isn't high, so I would expect to see her at least squirm a little while I'm publicly spinning this yarn about the origin of her vampirism.

Ehil Adimipbi, Architect: I saw Nine tell the story of the profaning of The Future Sanctum in Wheelgravel by Ehil in the late autumn of 850.  It's very interesting.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:46:13 am by Uzu Bash »

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 14, 2015, 11:04:03 am »

Wow...

I honestly never knew so many things in Adventure Mode were actually working. I started as a demigod warrior with a knack for people and talking. I got a small group going, and we killed an untransformed werebeast in his lair. Sadly, people don't seem to recognize that he was a nightcreature, and I'm a notorious killer across multiple factions.

After killing a night troll couple and a giantess, I was renowned hero. I would tell great stories of my heroic slayings, and entire guard squads would just drop everything to join. With a group of 19 strong, we traveled to the mountains and slayed a titan there (even if it was made of snow and died in a single hit...)

Taverns even adjust their rates depending on your status. I managed to get a bunch of booze for free after I told the keeper about my slaying of the giantess. But I also denied service by another, since they saw me as a ruthless killer - despite my heroic deeds. It's pretty amazing how things are coming more together now.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 14, 2015, 11:37:46 am »

Go find a library, preferably a human one!

Dwarf library: boring lagfest, not enough room, impossible to do anything due to everyone trying to path up and down the rampcase. > open entity_default.txt > [VALUE:KNOWLEDGE:-15] > ctrl+s > kthx
Human library: oh god what is going on why are there bodies raining down from the upper levels, who's head is this, did you just kill someone with a book? > open entity_default.txt > [VALUE:KNOWLEDGE:+15] > ctrl+s
Goblin library: calm, peaceful, rarely find people biting each other to death, books everywhere, only laggy if you leave trolls/beak dogs activated. > open entity_default.txt > [VALUE:KNOWLEDGE:+30], USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] > ctrl+s

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 14, 2015, 11:46:38 am »

And that assuming you even get a library that you can enter. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2015, 11:52:49 am »

True, I find about 1 in 8 or 9 human libraries is a sealed can of lag. You can usually tell right away when you start lagging in the keep like impossible to move lag.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 14, 2015, 12:04:24 pm »

I really do need to experiment with bumping up the human knowledge value.

One thing though, I can't tell if setting knowledge to a defined value, while leaving the old "set ALL values to variable" setting actually works as intended. If it winds up randomizing the value for knowledge anyway, I'd have to set separate variable values for EVERY OTHER value. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:29 pm »

Tried to mod in a way to have companions to revive you in adventure mode if you die. but starting to notice there's no way to push time forward so if you die you're stuck there.
Now I'm poking around the raws to see if I Can get dwarves to always activate this interaction than just on a goblin who happen to be at the site murdering people.
in other news love how you can pour contents into mugs and give them to people.
imagine if someone made poison and use that to assassinate targets with out the populace knowing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31