Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57605 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #420 on: December 13, 2015, 06:14:41 pm »

What are "good" kills? Bandits certainly aren't, as by killing them you get labeled as a killer or murderer.

The reason for this is, that the entity-list isn't updated to the point, that, as soon as someone becomes a criminal to said civ, he is labeled as enemy (prior to 0.40 this was the case) and the entry "former member" doesn't mean anything to anyone.
You could tell someone who isn't part of the civ of the dead bandit.
He won't call you murderer.
He won't spit.
But he will not care either.

Night trolls/megabeasts are good, Actually (bandits are  a mixed bag now though), if they are just a random bandit no one knows no one will  "like you more" for it usually, which is irritating, but the lord certainly will care if you tell about the leader you killed (in my experience).   btw, a lord only needs to know of a kill you had (of any intelligent creature, including people they knew) no-body bandits included and you *usually* can become  a hearthperson afterwords.

You get a rep as a hero for rescuing people/prisoners as-well.

In df "killer" and "murderer" mean wildly different things, killer means you killed someone, murder means you killed someone they cared about. If you kill a lot you can become a "Known" or even  "infamous" killer or even "a villain" if you start killing important nobels. Your reputation will show up in the legends mode screen about your character and people tell you your rep if you ask them about yourself.
Theres alot of different variations.

Also as i said "it was inevitable" will still usually result in a hero/killer/enemy combatent reputation depending on the kill, toady just hasnt coded in better phrases yet.

You can become a hero (and any variation of it), , dancer etc.

There should be a wiki artical on this but we would have to gather data about it.

Killer is usually a "positive" reputation by df logic which is counter intuitive i know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:24:32 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2015, 06:24:34 pm »

In fort mode you are listed as "feared as a killer, greatly feared as a killer, known killer, feared as a legendary killer" and so forth. Music is the best way to get fame for sure.

I punched a bunch of zombie yetis and polar bears to death that were attacking people, some of the people I pulled the damn things off of still just thought of me as a killer.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2015, 06:27:04 pm »

In fort mode you are listed as "feared as a killer, greatly feared as a killer, known killer, feared as a legendary killer" and so forth. Music is the best way to get fame for sure.

I punched a bunch of zombie yetis and polar bears to death that were attacking people, some of the people I pulled the damn things off of still just thought of me as a killer.

(update dmy post)
Im talking from legends mode/adventurer mode experience and asking people about myself.
I am an indie game dev!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2015, 06:33:07 pm »

Then again you get called a killer now, if you just assaulted those bears and zombie yetis to the point where they can't attack the other person maybe you get some better flack...or get called unhinged. Maybe put them in a sleeperhold I dunno about that zombie, break it's legs I guess?.
oh yeah don't try to demand items off people or folks will call you a brigand.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »

Yeah, I just busted into a building when I got ambushed while looking for a tavern, well not ambushed, more like felt uneasy and then I see red ! in a nearby building.

Bust in, karate chop the zombie yeti that just killed someone off of it's next victim, everyone piles on it with me, punch it to death, ask about me, I'm a killer. T.T

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 13, 2015, 07:13:22 pm »

Yeah, I just busted into a building when I got ambushed while looking for a tavern, well not ambushed, more like felt uneasy and then I see red ! in a nearby building.

Bust in, karate chop the zombie yeti that just killed someone off of it's next victim, everyone piles on it with me, punch it to death, ask about me, I'm a killer. T.T
did you get the kill scored on you or did someone get it?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 13, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »

did you get the kill scored on you or did someone get it?
I'm bullet-timing around and punching yetis through the air, it was my kill.

This was amusing though, the state emotions screen has a lot of funny stuff.

"State feeling of great grim satisfaction at someone's death."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #427 on: December 13, 2015, 07:21:17 pm »

Like I said, killer, not always bad thing in df.
DF logic is weird.

Did they see you kill it?

Also did you give time for the rumor to spread or tell them about the kill before asking. Rumor spread takes time and sometimes reps dont update for a day or even a week.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:28:45 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 13, 2015, 07:44:03 pm »

I killed it right in front of them and told them about it and asked about myself.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #429 on: December 13, 2015, 07:45:27 pm »

interesting.
I am an indie game dev!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:26 pm »

like wise the game is weird in that the only person who really care about how good you did by killing that unit is the person who got murdered by that unit.
if you say had a revive mechanic on hand you could have revive the fallen person and told them about how "you killed that bloke who murdered you" they would be pleased.
or better yet give you the quest to go murder that other guy. hmm maybe next time I mod in a Healer character for reviving dead folks.. maybe turns them into spiders.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 13, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »

WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 13, 2015, 10:27:37 pm »

So, tried a moose man native to a dark pit. Snapping my so-called allies necks effortlessly, it's like playing Cataclysm DDA, only on meth.

"I must kill the moose!"

"No Random_Dragon, you are the moose."

And then Random_Dragon was the bane of zombie hunters everywhere. :V

EDIT: Huehuehue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:37:34 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 13, 2015, 11:33:11 pm »

Well that's ridiculous.

Anyone know if you can change hair length with an interaction?

I wanted the one punch man buffs to make your hair fall out but I screwed it up.

I got the rest right though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Haven't found any monsters to punch so far, just bandits... they fly nicely.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 13, 2015, 11:49:36 pm »

Oh god what did you do. XD
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31