Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 57667 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2015, 07:52:37 pm »

Aw hell. The bonehoard is a complete clusterfuck. Several of my allies have ran into the melee. One of them I failed to save, they got backed up against the wall and pulped.

A second is halfway down the bonehoard and somehow survived the attention of several hostiles despite being out cold. I started to berserker-charge in to save her, but...one of the trolls put my addition of necksnapping to good use. She's not dead yet, but no saving her now.

One of the spearmen is managing decently well despite both his legs being in bad shape, just crawling around giving zero fucks. More of my allies have poured into the bonehoard after reaving through the halls with only minor injuries, so we might be able to mop this area up without too many more casualties.

EDIT: Lost a crossbowwoman, and the lasher is banzai-rushing across the bonehoard. We might be losing control of the section.

EDIT 2: Following the crawling spearman to ensure he stays out of trouble. A maceman is back near the entrance to the bonehoard, too far gone to save. The lasher is holding his own, not too far from us. Just focusing mainly on KOing any conscious hostiles, slashing their throats, and moving on.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:16:52 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2015, 08:16:44 pm »

What on my save combat is MUCH more reliable in this version and even if they say it was inevitable you still get the reputation I even got several it is terrific, use tell story or spread rumor instead of bragging
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2015, 08:17:54 pm »

What on my save combat is MUCH more reliable in this version and even if they say it was inevitable you still get the reputation I even got several it is terrific, use tell story or spread rumor instead of bragging

Tell that to this furball I've gotten myself into. Though if all these trolls and beakdogs WEREN'T bugging out and attacking each other, we'd be overwhelmed.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »

Was talking to the guy complaining about bugs .
(On phone for some reason it didn't quote him)
Adv mode is amazing now.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2015, 08:29:29 pm »

Ah right, sorry.

And...lost one of the lashers. Well, he's still alive, but out cold with a busted neck. Won't be for long.

EDIT: "Strildo Fedemejas, Human Lasher has bled to death." Didn't go easy, it seems.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:31:20 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

I was watching Vinesauce Joel die thrice in a day as a Spider, whilist I've been traveling the country as a bard and have been surviving and playing music. Not counting retirement, she has lasted, what, 5 or 6 days so far and I have protection of my allies so if something goes wrong I can just retreat.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »

I don't think we're gonna make it. Or at least, I don't think any of my allies will. I haven't even been scratched yet.

EDIT: A beak dog dodged my attack...right into a pit. Hah. Have a nice trip!

EDIT 2: Trying to fall back. This time I finally got to one of my striken allies to save her. A macewoman, getting hulkamania'd by a troll. Close one.

EDIT 3: Another lasher bled out. I'm down to the unconscious macewoman and one lasher of unknown condition.

EDIT 4: The lasher is confirmed still alive, and crawling after a few gobbles. Still been frantically guarding the macewoman.

EDIT 5: We've done it. The bonehoard has been wiped out. So was everyone except two companions. If we try to rest, the trolls will respawn. Only choice is to wait and hope the macewoman recovers enough that we can get out of here. Never did find any sign of our target.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:43:50 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2015, 10:24:16 pm »

Gorlak adventurer from an Elf civilization. Musician, poet, pretty good dancer.

Feeling the need to wander he traveled North to visit the Dwarven hillocks. What would they think of his poems? What fun to dance with small people (albeit still pretty big). Ririli Alivarano was excited as he reached the drinking mound and pushed the door.

Alas, the door didn't open. Despite being able to hold a spear, it seems Dwarven doors are just too heavy for a gorlak.

Dejected he headed back to the forest retreat. Hopefully he'll get there before nightfall...

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »

With my unretired Spider adventurer I managed to travel pretty far, write a lot of music, make people forget about their families by calling families worthless, and finally trying to wander the world as a talented bard who plays music and tells a ton of stories.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »

Well, we're back topside again. Just gotta make it back of of the trenches and then we can travel out and rest up.

EDIT: We're out. The fission is mailed. We never did rescue that kid we set out to retrieve, and we lost 15 people in the process.

EDIT 2: By the gods. This hamlet we encountered, next to the goblins and their massive array of fortresses? It's actually human? This is astounding.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:43:11 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2015, 11:27:10 pm »

Anyone found a library yet?

I was able to make more worlds generate by removing the generate poetry stuff for now and I don't think that would prevent libraries from showing up since I see scholars and books in legends.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:03 pm »

My first real adventure happened just tonight.

I was a bard, who sang songs to lords and commoners alike. There was something magical about the game telling me that these people were happy I sang them a song. Eventually, I took a swordsman along, in case I got jumped.

In any case, I traveled to the city and tried to assemble a band of bards. Nobody joined up, so I started traveling north to the elven-lands to sing songs for the elves and dwarves.

I got jumped. A horrific monster of the night came from the dark at us, and we fought with all we had. Even I did not get out unscathed and lost the use of one arm.

We just barely made it out alive. The swordsman was badly wounded, and I was sure he was about to die. Bleeding, pale, broken legs... I spoke to him, one last time, to say goodbye. He says back to me:

"Is it time to make music?"
I cry a little inside.
"Yes, it's time to make music."

And I sing him a song, and tell him a story about how he fought bravely against the night troll.

Somehow, he survives. We return to the city and retire.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2015, 12:48:17 am »

And I sing him a song, and tell him a story about how he fought bravely against the night troll.

Somehow, he survives. We return to the city and retire.

The feels. The fucking feels. ;w;

He survived by the power of rock.

EDIT: My storytelling skills need a boost. Gonna tell these locals the story of every one of my companions that died.

EDIT 2: So many stories, finally hit...novice speaker.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:42:06 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2015, 04:02:06 am »

Anyone found a library yet?

I was able to make more worlds generate by removing the generate poetry stuff for now and I don't think that would prevent libraries from showing up since I see scholars and books in legends.

From what I've seen in Legends, they seem to only appear in Fortresses...which are notoriously laggy in this version. Sucks.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2015, 04:19:54 am »

So basically, if you really need books, embark a fort with a whole bunch of blank books and nothing else, then immediately retire it and go loot with an adventurer.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31