Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 60009 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: 42.01 First adventure thread
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »

This update's been in progress for months. Bugs are inevitable. Personally I think the updates should have been added in a bit smaller chunks to allow for more testing and bugfixing, but meh.

Now. I'm on the road to Echohorrors. As a kobold with 17 dancing soldiers.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »

That's weird though, I've seen quite a bit of reactions out of people even before I applied the old discipline fix. Even more so afterwards - as I've mentioned before, I turned into a megabeast from toppling a statue, and basically got lynched by a pitch-fork and torch wielding crowd.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

This update's been in progress for months. Bugs are inevitable. Personally I think the updates should have been added in a bit smaller chunks to allow for more testing and bugfixing, but meh.

Now. I'm on the road to Echohorrors. As a kobold with 17 dancing soldiers.

That would be a valid excuse only if they were not bugs that existed in the last version released a year ago. They aren't new bugs.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

Bloody mountains in my way. Road seems to continue through a dwarven fortress and under the mountains. Better to go around it than mess with going underground.

And yes, I know. I've reported damn near a dozen bugs, most of which have yet to be fixed. But one can only work on so many bugs at once. I do think some attention should have been paid to the last remaining bugs before going into a mysterious construction mode, but I'm also glad to see the changes that have come from that.

More importantly, this game is still free. If this buggy mess was something we were paying for, I'd be more annoyed, maybe.

Regardless, this is not the thread for that sort of thing. If you're going to start shit, save it for the places where you're SUPPOSED to discuss bugs.

EDIT: Welp. My warband has started infighting for whatever reason, after I snuck into the first tower and took some goblin heads.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:31:41 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »

I have yet to FIND A TAVERN.

EFAGSEGEGSE.
My three adventurers have yet to find a place to preform at. And they all died trying to find one. Or they retired.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »

I've only found 1 tavern in 2 worlds.

Now...I'm cleansing the second tower, there are stairs at the bottom. I can feel The Laggening begin, so I can tell it's gonna be Fun down there.

EDIT: Well. I think they know we're here at this point. And already encountered a human thief. Not the person we're after, but time to start being leery of my targets in case I find the one we're looking for.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:04:31 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2015, 06:04:30 pm »

I have yet to FIND A TAVERN.

EFAGSEGEGSE.
My three adventurers have yet to find a place to preform at. And they all died trying to find one. Or they retired.
I found one in the first dwarven fortress I traveled to. It was in the big aboveground entrance where the trade depot is located. Haven't seen any in any human towns or hamlets.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2015, 06:05:09 pm »

I found the only one in a human town, so I'm assuming they're rarer in human towns.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2015, 06:08:34 pm »

Are you guys searching right? Most human towns I've been to seem to have atleast one tavern, sometimes more. Dunno about Dwarf Forts because they're even more laggy than before. Forest retreats also have tavern trees now.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »

Tavern trees? I gotta see that shit.

Also...wow. So much blood. I've yet to find anyone to rescue, but I've found lots to murder.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »

Oh yeah after murdering a bunch of people in one run just to see what would happen I recruited most of the guys that were left alive into a troupe.
decided to write a poem and bam horse police came by then I got stab to death by everyone outside of the 2 guys I recruited before the murdering started.
and as I lay dead they said "mosquito lord is dead... Thank the heavens"
so yeah looks like they remember or care if they see you kill people in front of them more so if you murder a guy offsite.
that and I think dances or plays that pulls people in to join the fun helps add to the peasant memory.
I remember telling folks I did a successful poem and they joined me.
hmm wonder if doing that is like making a legendary artifact and gives out bonus fame.
or that brag about violent acts is mostly used when a unit is going to attack someone.

eh either way Bard-life Bard every day

don't have much stuff Adv to talk about due to trying to build a snazzy sky Tavern in fort mode for my spider-bard could play in.

oh yeah watch out for Forest Retreats or you might die from their trees not being able to support something and collapsing in on itself.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

Ohgodwut.

This is just complete anarchy. Beak dogs and trolls are infighting, and goblins are scrambling around everywhere. My warband is just everywhere cleaving through whatever's escaped my initial sweep through the area.

If I ever get some quires I'm gonna have to write this down. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »

Seems adventure mode is still a total waste of time playing because toady didn't bother fixing the game breaking lack of combat bug. After an entire year. Amazing when he gets as much money as he does really amazing. I wish i could leave massive errors in stuff i make that render most of the game pointless and still get paid. Time for another looong hiatus of not playing. enjoy the stacks of cash toady :)
Stacks of cash? Waste of time? Lack of combat?

Have you played?

*Bandits now rob people going to get a drink at the well, rather than waiting around for you to show up and get robbed.
*Bards randomly start murderfests for no discernable reason.
*I've never encountered so many skilled weaponlords before outside of one of my own forts.
*Murdering people tends to piss folks off according to whether they knew them or knew you and if that guy was a dick or not.
*People don't just freak out and run or cry unless there are overwhelming reasons to do so, soldiers in particular are much more badass.
*There is so much more shit going on, people going about their lives, heading to shops, stopping by the tavern, chatting about all sorts of shit, you have to pay attention because they don't just sit around saying "it was inevitable" anymore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Insurrections happen, and people care about them.
*Recruiting a warband of dancers and dancing a mudhole in your foes asses is possible.
*Tavern keepers actually do a fucking job, they serve customers, who drink their booze and drop the mugs!
*Scholars sit around arguing with goblin bards and dorf soldiers about the value of power and the worthlessness of nature.
*Books, you can just find books laying around with random info.
*You can tell stories about all sorts of shit, though it is creepy that with enough skill you can meet someone and tell them about their childhood hopes and dreams.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

One thing that remains inevitable though.

The bone hoard has become a bloodbath, and I haven't even entered it yet.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:40 pm »

so booted up Necrodancer Fira save to migrate her over to the half completed Dwarf Tree Tavern and I ended up hearing acts of violence and wander into a crime scene.
of a goblin and a dead axeperson in the back room of a leather shop.
Fira decided to tell a tale about the incident in the next room over.
Man, does this game kicks off when you unretire.

edit: it really kicks off when I walked into the tavern for a one last play before heading off and I See a group already performing so I did what should be obvious

[insert dueling banjos here]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:08:58 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31