Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201507 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1620 on: March 14, 2017, 06:19:21 am »

what interaction to make necromancer,were, and vampire can not using the interaction?
i mean what to put in the IT_FORBIDDEN, since giving this not prevent them to use it
    [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
   [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
 and look like they still get affected by the syndrome too, so pls help me check whats wrong in my interaction?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token is your best friend. I cannot immediately see from there what combination of tokens to use to target specifically vampires, werebeasts or necromancers. Then again, you did not provide the problematic raws, so one cannot check for any errors you may have missed. Just in case, the best way to prevent them using the interaction is to put the IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS in the interaction that gives the interaction you want to restrict, since the tag is for limiting the interaction target.

also i still want to know is my attribute number put correctly and maybe explain to me what the number actually mean?
the same with skill roll, i assume it mean a bonus experience? or it change the skill level entirely?
 i try giving it this but nothing change nor experience become double or anything.
                       [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:5000:PERC_ON:100:START:0]
Don't trust me on this one, but I doubt the results of that shows up in the z screen. As far as I can see according to the wiki, your numbers are okay, adjusting the skill rolls by 5000% 100% of the time, starting immediately.

I do stuff, I guess

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:18 am »

well the raw is in the previous side in the 108
here i copy paste it again
Code: [Select]
            [INTERACTION:DRAGON_GOD]
                [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
                [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
                        [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
                        [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
        [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
                        [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRAGON:MALE]
                        [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRAGON:FEMALE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
                [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
                        [IE_TARGET:A]
                        [IE_IMMEDIATE]
                        [SYNDROME]
                                 [SYN_NAME:male Dragon God Awakening]
                                 [SYN_CLASS:GOD]
                                 [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRAGON:MALE]
                                 [SYN_CONTACT]
                                 [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:0:AGILITY:5000:0:TOUGHNESS:5000:0:ENDURANCE:5000:0:RECUPERATION:5000:0:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:5000:0:START:0]
                                 [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:5000:0:FOCUS:5000:0:MEMORY:5000:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:5000:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:5000:0:CREATIVITY:5000:0:LINGUISTIC_ABILITY:5000:0:INTUITION:5000:0:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:5000:0:PATIENCE:5000:0:MUSICALITY:5000:0:EMPATHY:5000:0:SOCIAL_AWARENESS:5000:0:START:0]
                                [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
         [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0]                             
                        [SYNDROME]
                                [SYN_NAME:female Dragon Goddess Awakening]
                                [SYN_CLASS:GODDESS]
                                [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRAGON:FEMALE]
                                [SYN_CONTACT]
                                [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:0:AGILITY:5000:0:TOUGHNESS:5000:0:ENDURANCE:5000:0:RECUPERATION:5000:0:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:5000:0:START:0]
                                [CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:5000:0:FOCUS:5000:0:MEMORY:5000:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:5000:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:5000:0:CREATIVITY:5000:0:LINGUISTIC_ABILITY:5000:0:INTUITION:5000:0:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:5000:0:PATIENCE:5000:0:MUSICALITY:5000:0:EMPATHY:5000:0:SOCIAL_AWARENESS:5000:0:START:0]
                                [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
        [CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0]

yeah i already check wiki but theres no information for it thats why i ask.
well i kinda understand the number for the skill after putnam explain to me, now i want to know about my attribute number.
 basically what i want to know now is the meaning of skill roll, does it mean it change my skill or giving bonus for skill experience?
 and an explanation for the two number for attribute like the 5000:0 mean in willpower,strength,intuition etc.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 14, 2017, 10:53:49 am »

Try putting the IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS within the I_TARGET. The skill roll is for when a skill is checked, then that skill is taken to be that much higher. As for PERC and PERC_ON, they are not ways to determine which skill to target, as far as I know, there is no way to do so. Instead, PERC stands percentage, or what percentage of the original skill do you want to be adjusted to. PERC_ON stands for Percentage On, or the frequency at which the skill bonus takes effect.
I do stuff, I guess

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 14, 2017, 11:30:50 am »

but it already in the [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
hmm i still not get it for the skill roll, do you mean it change my skill level into the number put in ? or something like critical hit ?
also does the attribute number is the same with PERC and PERC_ON? because when i give it example like this
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:100:START:0] the creature description dont change, while if i change it into zero like [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:0:START:0]  it describe it as very muscular.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:37:17 am by Hiul »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 14, 2017, 12:06:45 pm »

Interesting. I'm sorry for my rusty interaction modding skills, but can you verify that vampires, werefoos and necromancers do indeed possess those syn classes. If not, then I'm afraid I cannot help you in this respect. However, since I notice that you are confining this to dragons, why not have an IT_FORBIDDEN relating to something vampires, werefoos and necromancers have but dragons don't, like NO_EAT?

Whenever a character does something, for example stabbing another person with a knife, a skill check is made, in this case the Knife User skill. What CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST does is that if active, it would make that person's skill 5000% higher than his original for the purposes of that check, if PERC was specified as 5000. PERC_ON simply specifies the probability that this bonus happens.

CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST works differently from CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE, which works like <attribute>:<percentage>:<fixed>. I think.
I do stuff, I guess

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 14, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »

well when i try in arena and make them use the interaction the description say their body is very muscular something like that,and i have check their body description before using the interaction which basically have no description. which mean they get affected by my syndrome and something not put correctly, yet error file dont say anything.
i guess i try with NO_EAT then.

so you mean its like critical hit right ?

yeah thats what i want to know what the <attribute>:<percentage>:<fixed> mean for ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:29:59 pm by Hiul »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 14, 2017, 12:57:07 pm »

Then, I guess it works.

Critical hit implies a lot of things. I personally have no idea what each skill does, so I can't say what happens. All I can say is that it has a much higher chance of succeeding.

Attribute is the attribute you want to change, let's say STRENGTH. Percentage is the percentage amount you want to change it by, let's say 200% for double the strength, and fixed is a fixed boost to the attribute, let's say 500. I think that they are mutually exclusive, but can't say for sure.
I do stuff, I guess

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »

Idle curiosity. 

Suppose I gave each animal type a biome variation.  So instead of just "lion", I have "snow lion", "swamp lion", "forest lion", "savanna lion", and so on.  If I do that for every animal, would that mean that every biome has access to every animal, or does it only use some of the animals available?  For example, if I embark on a glacier, would I see snow lions and snow giraffes and snow gazelles and snow hippos and snow gorillas all at once, or would it just pick a few of those to use. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 14, 2017, 01:06:47 pm »

yeah kind of but what i mean is i only want the syndrome only apply to my normal creature not to the vampire,were,necromancer and such.

about attribute, then why when i give it like this? [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:100:START:0] it dont give me any description?
unlike when i give it [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:0:START:0] which tell me in description that my creature become very muscular?
or am i put it backward ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 14, 2017, 02:54:32 pm »

I think that they are mutually exclusive, but can't say for sure.

They're not.

about attribute, then why when i give it like this? [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:100:START:0] it dont give me any description?
unlike when i give it [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:5000:0:START:0] which tell me in description that my creature become very muscular?
or am i put it backward ?

The former is not much different from the ladder, so just use the ladder.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 14, 2017, 04:15:38 pm »

Idle curiosity. 

Suppose I gave each animal type a biome variation.  So instead of just "lion", I have "snow lion", "swamp lion", "forest lion", "savanna lion", and so on.  If I do that for every animal, would that mean that every biome has access to every animal, or does it only use some of the animals available?  For example, if I embark on a glacier, would I see snow lions and snow giraffes and snow gazelles and snow hippos and snow gorillas all at once, or would it just pick a few of those to use.

There's a tag- [UBIQUITOUS], I think- that makes an animal appear in every location with the right biome. Otherwise, there's either hardcoded or values in each creature's raw that determine the chance of the creature appearing in a biome. Also, different areas with the same biome but are otherwise unconnected may have a different set of creatures.

~iirc, you may want to look it up.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 15, 2017, 06:34:27 am »

what usage hint to make creature only resurrect friend? i try with CLEAN_FRIEND and GREETING but it make them never use the interaction, the interaction target is corpse by the way.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 15, 2017, 07:15:33 am »

What do you mean by "friend"?
I do stuff, I guess

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile