Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201559 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: January 22, 2017, 01:59:03 am »

Well, since looking at the example for an instrument, it still keeps track of the components of what goes into an instrument. Would that work the same here, or would I get the usual solid-hunk-of-metal bolts/arrows?

The usual. Instruments and books are pretty special cases, armor and weapons and ammo and tools can't be anything but one hunk.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 22, 2017, 03:00:33 am »

Well, that's disappointing. It's also a shame that all the arrow rebalance stuff has gone down the wayside. I did some testing in the arena by shooting full-adamantine clad units with a steel crossbow and crossbow bolts. Did not actually kill them directly (never pierced the armor), but destroyed their joints by twisting their legs and arms so badly that they dislocated, tearing the tendons and muscles as they went. Seems a bit... much.

That sounds about right, it's adamantine. Blunt force is still conveyed, whereas the piercing, the main force of bolts, is absorbed.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 01, 2017, 08:04:57 pm »

So, how do I make it so a reaction uses, say, 10 bars of one metal and gives 1 bar of another metal?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 01, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »

So, how do I make it so a reaction uses, say, 10 bars of one metal and gives 1 bar of another metal?
Reaction products and reagents work as follows:
[REAGENT:INTERNALNAME:QUANTITY:ITEMTOKEN:MATERIALTOKEN]
[PRODUCT:PROBABILITY:QUANTITY:ITEMTOKEN:MATERIALTOKEN][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:NUMBER]
This example has no modifiers on the reagent, and one on the product.

Internal name is simply so you can reference the material. For instance, if you want the product to be made of the same material as that specific reagent, like with a lot of reactions that produce furniture in the base game.

Quantity seems straightforward at first, but you need to keep in mind that for things like bars and thread, quantities are different. A single bar is 150 units of that metal. So multiply 150 by the number you want to request.

Then comes the item token. In the case of bars, you'll want to type in BAR:NONE. By doing this you are saying you want to make a BAR item, which has no subtype. If it was, say, a weapon, you'd go for something like WEAPON:SWORD_SHORT.

Material is much like that. Metals are generally defined as inorganics, so you go INORGANIC:<name of your metal>. If you wanted a creature material, you go with CREATURE_MAT:<creature name>:<material name>. There are some hardcoded materials like amber that take no subtype (so :NONE). INORGANIC:NONE creates magma.

The product follows much the same formula, with some exceptions:
First and foremost is probability. It goes from 0 to 100, though there's no reason to use 0. Probabilities are independent, so if one product has 100 probability and another 50, it means that the first will always be produced, while the second will only appear half the time in addition to the first.

Quantity works differently as well for thread and bars. Since you want 10 for 1, here you'd only place 1. The modifier at the end, PRODUCT_DIMENSION, is what will tell it that the product has a dimension of 150. If you wanted 2 bars, you'd NOT multiply the dimension. Instead just put 2 in the quantity field.

All reagent modifiers are here, while product modifiers are further down.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 02, 2017, 03:09:19 am »

How would you make your own machine component? I can't find a screw pump or gear assembly in the raws anywhere.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 02, 2017, 06:52:08 am »

Don't know how much of them is out in the raws.

Incidentally, I remember seeing little info on how to get multiple EBO entries to work properly, and indeed had trouble getting them working one at a time because I was mislead by the way the Roc gizzard example looks like you just need to specify the one body category.

Managed to get KSBD angels to produce reusable/butcherable sets of armor by chaining the entries with the full category+part and item+material tokens.
Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HD]
[EBO_ITEM:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:INORGANIC:FORGED_ASH]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:UB]
[EBO_ITEM:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:INORGANIC:FORGED_ASH]
...etc, etc, etc.

Still working on the best way to turn a set of those back into an angel (assuming they aren't destroyed when it explodes) but hey, it's a start.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 02, 2017, 07:13:15 am »

Have them all be used as regeants in a workshop that makes a tiny gas cloud that turns the worker into one?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:27 am »

Have them all be used as regeants in a workshop that makes a tiny gas cloud that turns the worker into one?
If you are going that way, try to use DFHack or be ready for unreliable results. Gas clouds are not reliable as there is a chance they will not touch (for contact) or not be inhaled (for inhaled) and you'll just waste your time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 02, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »

Yeah, I'm actually not even sure if the ash left behind can't be used since it comes with dead_dwarf=true, though I'm still torn because I love them catastrophically exploding but it doesn't leave behind anything from the upper body.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 03, 2017, 12:18:56 am »

How would you make your own machine component? I can't find a screw pump or gear assembly in the raws anywhere.

can't

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 03, 2017, 02:49:00 am »

can't

You can technically define what goes into spike traps however. A alternative spike trap with a alternative trap part (i used wooden/metal paddles that strike 10 times per activation) is completely doable for a non-lethal or very lethal trap. Weapon traps already have custom functions depending on what weapon you put inside them.

Toady has expressed interest in expanding the trap system and mechanism system so it might change in the future with more custom tokens added in.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 03, 2017, 05:10:34 am »

Weapon traps aren't machine components or, indeed, related to machine components. Machine components here refers to stuff that happens to be powered.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 03, 2017, 05:44:27 am »

Weapon traps aren't machine components or, indeed, related to machine components. Machine components here refers to stuff that happens to be powered.

I meant it as a generic example of something "mechanical" that could have its raws altered. For instance via raw altering in a future version, adjust what a screw pump does/requires so it works differently. Replace the screw with a giant axe blade or something else completely different and then alter whether it draws from below or equal to the same tile etc. etc.

Spike traps can be activated by using a lever, so id call that reasonably mechanical.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 03, 2017, 12:52:02 pm »

Well, there's a machine class in /library/include/df/machine.h, which has a cur_power member, so perhaps if I decrease that I can create the effect of a component drawing off power. Same with a machine creating power, I can just increase that member, I think.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:53:34 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 137