Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201703 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1380 on: September 14, 2016, 09:30:12 pm »

Anyone has any idea what are !ARG4 and other constants used there? Where do they come from? What do they stand for?

The !ARG# stands for Argument, which is the entry used within the creature itself when gaits are set.

Not sure why they are slowing down.

i am trying to use the modtools/create-unit command to spawn a bronze colossus, but i cant figure out the caste tag necessary. Does anyone know? Also how do i spawn a titan with dfhack?

They don't have a caste, so it should be DEFAULT, last I checked. If not, try NONE.

No idea how to spawn a Titan. The ID in the hardcode is usually TITAN_#, but I don't know how their castes work, and finding a working number for a randomized creature can be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 15, 2016, 03:38:22 am »

Hello,

Anyone has any idea what are !ARG4 and other constants used there? Where do they come from? What do they stand for?

The !ARG# stands for Argument, which is the entry used within the creature itself when gaits are set.

Not sure why they are slowing down.
I know these are arguments. Question was what is passed as their value?
Are they taken from here:
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph

That slowing down is so pronounced as if they were crawling to the object. I will do some experimenting with variation file and see what I can find.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 15, 2016, 04:12:03 am »

900:711:521:293:1900:2900 are ARG1, ARg2, ARG3, ARG4 and ARG5.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 15, 2016, 04:23:24 am »

Thanks Putnam.

I did some experiments with the values here and there but it didn't seem to change animal men movement for the better.
It just seems like they are crawling all the way to the item and then going biped while holding item and running around.

Edit:
I am unable to make them move faster, no matter what. I used Hyena Men as they are the same size as dwarfs.
I have changed values in both animal man version and parent animal regarding their crawling/swimming speeds

Doesn't seem like it did anything good.

However, just to make sure, I spawned regular elves as well. Elves were moving around as fast as dwarves.

There is something wrong with Animal Men here, no doubt about that.
The question is, is it wrong by vanilla handling of them, or are there some tags/data missing/applied incorrectly in files?

HELP! O_O

Edit:
Found an issue.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9588

Possible solution:
"Easy" solutions include removing the [MEANDERER] tag from an animal person's base creature, or adding [CV_REMOVE_TAG:MEANDERER] and [APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION] after the [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] in an animal person's raws. Either method appears to make affected animal people move normally in both modes of play. Both of these solutions might have unforeseen consequences, however: more testing is needed.

EDIT2:
By the great Gods of Modding, it worked! Now it is possible to have a fort full of animal people behaving in the same way as dwarves or elves!

Well. There comes my squad of fully armored elephant men >; )
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:37:22 am by Evans »
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 16, 2016, 02:51:37 am »

Bit of an odd modding question: a while back I created some reactions to allow recycling of wooden bins and barrels back into logs, and part of this process required me to add [REACTION_CLASS:RECYCLE_WOOD] to the wood material template in material_template_default.txt, which is all good, works fine.

I just recently noticed, however, that the new manager now shows RECYCLE_WOOD as a possible [t]rait in work order conditions, and using this trait causes the condition to apply to wooden items generally (where previously one would have to specify a specific type of wood under [m]aterial).  So... neat!

So then I tried adding [REACTION_CLASS:fabric] to all the material types fabric gets made of, and... it ignored me.  Any idea why?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 16, 2016, 02:50:54 pm »

This is something I'm sure a bunch of folks figured out ages ago but I just can't seem to get it to work properly.  I'm trying to make a plant that produces silk thread instead of cloth.  Rimworld players may recognize what I'm trying to make.

(pardon the icons being weird, I noticed that during testing and don't feel like fixing it until I can fix everything.)
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:DEVILSTRAND_GREIMOD]
[NAME:devilstrand][NAME_PLURAL:devilstrands][ADJ:devilstrand]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:161][PICKED_COLOR:4:0:0]
[DRY][BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL][BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
[VALUE:4]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[FREQUENCY:10]
[CLUSTERSIZE:2]
[GROWDUR:900]
[SHRUB_COLOR:4:0:0]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID:devilstrand]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
[THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SILK]
[PREFSTRING:luxurious silk]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:devilstrand spore:devilstrand spores:6:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]

Any insight into what I'm doing wrong?  The plant shows up, and can be processed, but comes up as cloth instead of silk.

Post response edit: Ah I didn't think of that. it may very well be the case.  I spent months off and on trying to figure out why that was not working.  Just figured I missed something stupid obvious but that it needs to come from a critter makes a lot of sense.
I'm not sure, but maybe change the [THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SILK] to [THREAD:CREATURE_MAT:DEVILSPIDER:SILK]
then make a fake creature(in this example named devilspider), and give it silk as you would to a regular spider. no idea if this actually works, though
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Katan Alebread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 16, 2016, 06:31:45 pm »

I'm trying to create a custom pet creature. Been kind of getting the hang of it but I wanted to give the creature a tough hide. I first tried messing with this:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:METAL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:METAL_TEMPLATE]

then this:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:INORGANIC:STEEL]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]

And then I tried this approach, adding this at the end of the definition to just try set the tissues to something indestructible just to try see an effect.

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
      [TL_HEALING_RATE:1]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]

In the object testing arena, I can see that my raw modifications take effect for other things, but my creature still gets hacked up by copper axes, etc.

Geoman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 17, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »

I've a little problem: I'd like to assign an equipment to a raised undead companion in adventure mode. To be able to do so I've altered the interaction (in fact, copied similar interaction from Masterwork DF) for this "reanimate-corpse"-"spell"-thing and made a creature, which substitute an animated body/body part. So creature itself can use an equipment and speak and so on (checked this by transforming my adventurer in this creature), but I can't give stuff to animated companion via proper dialogue options.

So, well... Finally I can't tell if this problem caused by an errors in description of creature or interaction, or in mechanics of corpse animation and following cooperation between adventurer and his undead companion (which probably means total unsolvability of this problem).

Spoiler: code for interaction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: code for creature (click to show/hide)

P.S.: DF v0.43.03, MDF v1.13
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:20:12 pm by Geoman »
Geoman strikes the forum reader in the eyes with his craptacular english and the injured part explodes into gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

The forum reader has bled to death.
Geoman: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 17, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »

Make sure to check the errorlog (errorlog.txt right next to the dwarf fortress executable) first.

However, this problem in particular sounds like one of reanimation rather than anything raw-wise. Try using RESURRECT instead of ANIMATE, though that could cause... other issues.

Geoman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 17, 2016, 08:01:52 pm »

Make sure to check the errorlog (errorlog.txt right next to the dwarf fortress executable) first.

However, this problem in particular sounds like one of reanimation rather than anything raw-wise. Try using RESURRECT instead of ANIMATE, though that could cause... other issues.

Thanx for reply! Errorlog is empty. I don't want to use RESURRECT instead of ANIMATE because of... Other issues.
Geoman strikes the forum reader in the eyes with his craptacular english and the injured part explodes into gore!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 17, 2016, 08:16:17 pm »

If you add the token [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] to the skeleton creature or the resurrection interaction, that might mitigate those issues, now that I think of it.

Geoman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 17, 2016, 08:35:03 pm »

If you add the token [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] to the skeleton creature or the resurrection interaction, that might mitigate those issues, now that I think of it.

There already is that token. Maybe I should remove it?

Edited: Nope, placing or removing this token doesn't affect on my current issue. But again, thanx for help.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:16:46 pm by Geoman »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1392 on: September 18, 2016, 05:12:28 am »

i've not modded for a long time and was wondering if someone already has a Xenomorph mod out there so I dont have to make one from scratch? IDC if they're playable or not, but dwarves vs aliens vs predator sounds like the most metal thing ever.

On that note, is it possible to have a small chance for something to spawn when a siege arrives? I'm thinking about 25% the time the Xenos siege a pred should show up.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 18, 2016, 06:39:32 am »

i've not modded for a long time and was wondering if someone already has a Xenomorph mod out there so I dont have to make one from scratch? IDC if they're playable or not, but dwarves vs aliens vs predator sounds like the most metal thing ever.

On that note, is it possible to have a small chance for something to spawn when a siege arrives? I'm thinking about 25% the time the Xenos siege a pred should show up.
Afair there were facehuggers with some syndrome back in 0.34.
Might want to take a look at how it was done there. Not sure if they are in current releases.
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 18, 2016, 09:07:07 pm »

there used to be a binpatch that made dwarves use the weapon rack/armor stands/coffer/cabinets in their barracks. But the binpatch is outdated. is there a mod/script that allows it now, or another way to do it?
or is it actually working and im just not noticing them using it
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 137