Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201711 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1365 on: September 02, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »

Yes. So long as it exists, it may be created in a mood, even if the civilization doesn't normally have access to it.

Not very useful for some ranged weapons, since ammo will be incredibly scarce without the ability to make more in-fort. I've ended up with blowguns and bows a few times, which was annoying.
Cool! I can use Dfhack to make magical swords, and amulets of regeneration, and they can only be created in a mood, so they're rare enough!
Question though, what other raw-able items can be created in a mood?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 02, 2016, 01:44:30 pm »

I think all of the possible items are Armour, Instruments, Shields, Toys, Trap Components, and Weapons.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 02, 2016, 01:53:32 pm »

Hey, if I make an instrument, but I don't put in anyway to play it, does that mean that I can have a mood-only tool?(well, wouldn't have any of the tool uses anyway, but I could still use it in a special reaction right?)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
New Info
« Reply #1368 on: September 06, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »

I'm skimming the wiki but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I took some modded creatures I made in the past and ported the raws directly to 43.05. I find that these creatures eventually wind up with a yellow down arrow indicating that they are "distracted" all the time. My understanding of distraction and focus is that these are results of unmet needs for creatures like dwarves. Most default animals, ie non civilization creatures, don't blink like this. So presumably there's some token to differentiate between creatures effected by needs and focus and distractions and those without.

Anyone know what I'm looking for? I don't want to have a bunch of giant cave animals for example constantly blinking yellow arrows. Want to fix this so it doesn't happen, but don't know what's wrong.
This isn't exclusive to modded ones; it happens with tame animals in vanilla sometimes and I just figured out why. According to their stats in arena mode, the distraction is caused by either the need to pray to a deity (which can't be met because it requires the ability to speak) or the need to drink alcohol (which can't be met if the creature has no hands).

A sample of 65 adult animals (40 normal/25 distracted) yielded these results:

(Horse, Water buffalo, Reindeer, Donkey, Cow, Llama, sheep, alpaca, rabbit, chicken, guineahen, peafowl, turkey, eagle, duck, peregrine, cat, dog, fox, skunk, Panda, echidna, crundle || wild echidna, wild giant mole, wild bugbat, Hill Titan, Forgotten Beast)
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: New Info
« Reply #1369 on: September 06, 2016, 09:08:14 pm »

I'm skimming the wiki but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I took some modded creatures I made in the past and ported the raws directly to 43.05. I find that these creatures eventually wind up with a yellow down arrow indicating that they are "distracted" all the time. My understanding of distraction and focus is that these are results of unmet needs for creatures like dwarves. Most default animals, ie non civilization creatures, don't blink like this. So presumably there's some token to differentiate between creatures effected by needs and focus and distractions and those without.

Anyone know what I'm looking for? I don't want to have a bunch of giant cave animals for example constantly blinking yellow arrows. Want to fix this so it doesn't happen, but don't know what's wrong.
This isn't exclusive to modded ones; it happens with tame animals in vanilla sometimes and I just figured out why. According to their stats in arena mode, the distraction is caused by either the need to pray to a deity (which can't be met because it requires the ability to speak) or the need to drink alcohol (which can't be met if the creature has no hands).

A sample of 65 adult animals (40 normal/25 distracted) yielded these results:

(Horse, Water buffalo, Reindeer, Donkey, Cow, Llama, sheep, alpaca, rabbit, chicken, guineahen, peafowl, turkey, eagle, duck, peregrine, cat, dog, fox, skunk, Panda, echidna, crundle || wild echidna, wild giant mole, wild bugbat, Hill Titan, Forgotten Beast)
Good sleuthing there.  Looks like it's worth an entry in the bug tracker.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 07, 2016, 10:07:02 pm »

I'm trying to make one of those workshops with reactions that turn one creature into another. Problem is, the process is rarely sucessful, which I guess is because the creature isn't being infected with the syndrome from the instantly boiling stone that the reaction generates. Is there a better way to go about making this kind of workshop? At least, is there a way to make the chances of the creature inhaling the gas and being infected higher?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 07, 2016, 10:15:05 pm »

I'm trying to make one of those workshops with reactions that turn one creature into another. Problem is, the process is rarely sucessful, which I guess is because the creature isn't being infected with the syndrome from the instantly boiling stone that the reaction generates. Is there a better way to go about making this kind of workshop? At least, is there a way to make the chances of the creature inhaling the gas and being infected higher?
DFHack with reaction-trigger. If you don't want to use DFHack, use contact syndromes instead. Someone did research a while back and creatures don't breathe every single tick.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 09, 2016, 10:16:49 pm »

DFHack with reaction-trigger. If you don't want to use DFHack, use contact syndromes instead. Someone did research a while back and creatures don't breathe every single tick.
Thanks!
Is there a place where I can learn how to use DFHack to make stuff like this?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 13, 2016, 09:54:32 am »

the succubi won't show up. the randomized demons show up in the populations, but the succubi don't appear despite having [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM] and[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5].
what can I do to make them appear in hell? NOTE: most of the material templates that end in PIKACHU are just slightly different than vanilla, probably not important differences.
succubus creature
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
also, why does the common green slime's(creature) slime(material) have the hallucination slime's(creature) slime(mat) syndromes?
slime creature
relevant body files
relevant body_detail_plans
relevant material template
relevant tissue files

Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 13, 2016, 11:43:15 am »

Succubi doesn't have LARGE_ROAMING, maybe?

Both slimes use the same slime material. You will need a different material/tissue for each slime caste.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 13, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

Is there anything I need to know about GREETING interactions? My mod needs several of them and they don't seem to be triggering.

I just don't want to do a bunch of debugging if it is known that they don't trigger very often.

I need them to trigger more-or-less whenever they can (or fairly close to that anyway), so if they don't I'll have to roll some kind of interaction simulation with DFHack.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 14, 2016, 01:21:38 pm »

This is something I'm sure a bunch of folks figured out ages ago but I just can't seem to get it to work properly.  I'm trying to make a plant that produces silk thread instead of cloth.  Rimworld players may recognize what I'm trying to make.

(pardon the icons being weird, I noticed that during testing and don't feel like fixing it until I can fix everything.)
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:DEVILSTRAND_GREIMOD]
[NAME:devilstrand][NAME_PLURAL:devilstrands][ADJ:devilstrand]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:161][PICKED_COLOR:4:0:0]
[DRY][BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL][BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
[VALUE:4]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[FREQUENCY:10]
[CLUSTERSIZE:2]
[GROWDUR:900]
[SHRUB_COLOR:4:0:0]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:SOLID:devilstrand]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:1]
[THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SILK]
[PREFSTRING:luxurious silk]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:devilstrand spore:devilstrand spores:6:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]

Any insight into what I'm doing wrong?  The plant shows up, and can be processed, but comes up as cloth instead of silk.

Post response edit: Ah I didn't think of that. it may very well be the case.  I spent months off and on trying to figure out why that was not working.  Just figured I missed something stupid obvious but that it needs to come from a critter makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:56:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 14, 2016, 07:28:42 pm »

It might be that any plant-derived thread will be referred to as the cloth of a plant, rather than as "silk" which is derived from webbing produces by creatures, or wool from creatures' body tissues. That's all I can come up with, at least.

Maybe you can instead have it processed to a liquid, that liquid processed by reaction into the silk of a web-producing creature of the same name that doesn't actually show up anywhere.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 14, 2016, 09:02:35 pm »

Hello,

I am testing fort full of animal men.
I used the command:
create-unit -race WOLF_MAN -caste MALE -civId \\LOCAL -groupId \\LOCAL -name MOUNTAIN

to create a couple of beast men.

They are a part of t he fort now, can be assigned everything and behave like the dwarves - with one exception.

I noticed strange thing about their movement - when they are for example supposed to haul an item, for example charcoal, they move very slowly and path around the dwarves.
Each time they take turn they slow, it looks as if they were crawling or something.

However once they get the item, they move it at the speed of an actual dwarf where they are supposed to.
Then they crawl slowly to another item etc...

I wonder what causes this?

Surely not a lack of [CAVE_ADAPTATION] as this also occurs on the surface.
I am suspecting some entries in c_variation_default.txt.
Anyone has any idea what are !ARG4 and other constants used there? Where do they come from? What do they stand for?

getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 14, 2016, 09:26:23 pm »

i am trying to use the modtools/create-unit command to spawn a bronze colossus, but i cant figure out the caste tag necessary. Does anyone know? Also how do i spawn a titan with dfhack?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137