Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201749 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1320 on: August 11, 2016, 12:26:33 am »

Is it possible to have an interaction delivered by contact with a substance?

For example, could a creature's blood reanimate corpses?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 11, 2016, 03:04:47 pm »

Has anyone figured out what CE_ERRATIC_BEHAVIOUR actually does and how the SEV argument affects it?

I'll try and document it if no one knows, but it's best to check first.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 11, 2016, 03:29:13 pm »

Is it possible to have an interaction delivered by contact with a substance?

For example, could a creature's blood reanimate corpses?
Yes, no. Vampire blood is an example of a substance that passes along an interaction (by ingestion, though that's easy to change), but you can't affect items like that.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 11, 2016, 08:23:36 pm »

I'm skimming the wiki but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I took some modded creatures I made in the past and ported the raws directly to 43.05. I find that these creatures eventually wind up with a yellow down arrow indicating that they are "distracted" all the time. My understanding of distraction and focus is that these are results of unmet needs for creatures like dwarves. Most default animals, ie non civilization creatures, don't blink like this. So presumably there's some token to differentiate between creatures effected by needs and focus and distractions and those without.

Anyone know what I'm looking for? I don't want to have a bunch of giant cave animals for example constantly blinking yellow arrows. Want to fix this so it doesn't happen, but don't know what's wrong.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 12, 2016, 01:03:26 am »

I'm compelety new to DF modding, (aside from giving [TRAINABLE] tag to cave crocs) and i have some questions.

On DF wiki, i've found this tag ([SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:50:100]), I want to know how to make elves suck blood while biting (and other creatures, of course), just like Nightwings and Giant Leeches? Also, what does those values mean (50 and 100, respectively)?

Okay, i guess we all now can say, that elves, indeed, suck.

I played with those two values above. I putted first value up to 1000000000, launched arena, created el-, i mean dumb blood-sucking tree-hugger and human. Tree-hugger bites him and human died momentarily. Second time i returned value down to 50, but putted second value up to 1000000000, same result.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:31:50 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 12, 2016, 01:25:19 am »

This is the right thread.

Anyway, you just put that SPECIALATTACK token you've got there under the elves' BITE attack.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 12, 2016, 02:32:45 pm »

I'm compelety new to DF modding, (aside from giving [TRAINABLE] tag to cave crocs) and i have some questions.

On DF wiki, i've found this tag ([SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:50:100]), I want to know how to make elves suck blood while biting (and other creatures, of course), just like Nightwings and Giant Leeches? Also, what does those values mean (50 and 100, respectively)?
The wiki is your friend. It took me longer to type this post than to find the info. The values are the min and max amount of blood sucked.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »

[The wiki is your friend. It took me longer to type this post than to find the info. The values are the min and max amount of blood sucked.
Although, Note that the wiki isn't always accurate.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2016, 06:03:14 pm »

Can you point out where and/or fix it instead of just saying it is? That's what wikis are for.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 13, 2016, 02:35:26 am »

So, i made both sexes of troglodytes milkable. Males will produce you-know-what and females will produce milk. Problem is, there's no you-know-what in Dwarf Fortress. What .txt file i'll need to open and mod?

I also want to make alcohol at the brewery from troglodytes's you-know-what and milk, called "Dwarven milkshake".

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 13, 2016, 03:25:42 am »

You probably want to make a new material template for that.

OR: you could use UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE:NO_SUBTYPE.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 13, 2016, 10:04:14 am »

Also you may not want to publish it here on the forums as it probably breaches the ToS.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 13, 2016, 11:15:06 am »

I tried to playtest it and i can't milk trogs (both genders). On embark screen, trog's *censored* and milk have NONE} before the name of item. Trog cheese doesn't have NONE}.

Spoiler: Raws (click to show/hide)

CENSORED_MATERIAL is basically a copycat of MILK_MATERIAL, but doesn't rots and has [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:ALCOHOL_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ALCOHOL]

Spoiler: To Teneb (click to show/hide)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #1333 on: August 13, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »

That's some pretty revolting stuff

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1334 on: August 13, 2016, 04:12:24 pm »

That is pretty messed up.

I sorta have to ask - what exactly spurred you to mod that in.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 137