Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201870 times)

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1185 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:13 pm »

Is there a way for a ranged weapon to be fired without a free hand?
Umm... don't they ALWAYS work that way? otherwise, what's with the archers getting shields?
I believe Pikachu17 is referring to a way to fire ranged weapons without even having to hold the weapon itself.
Ranged weapons are fired with the same hand that holds it. If it's a two-handed weapon, then it's both.

The game begs to differ, so I dunno what you guys are talking about.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:21:48 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 06, 2016, 08:05:33 pm »

Bows are always multigrasp, so holding one one-handed will not allow you to fire it.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1187 on: July 06, 2016, 08:22:18 pm »

I tried changing the 2-handed size and it still gave me the same result.
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1188 on: July 08, 2016, 12:44:49 pm »

Okay, how does armor coverage work? Does having coverage over 100 actually do anything, or is layer size the only way to make armor more effective?
sig text

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 08, 2016, 01:53:10 pm »

Armour coverage is a percentage of the armour protecting you from an attack.

For example, with a percentage of 100, the weapon must always test against the armour to see if it is strong enough to pierce it. With a percentage of 50, there is only a 50% chance of the weapon testing against the armour, and a 50% chance of ignoring the armour entirely, as if it was not being worn.

You can have a coverage of over 100, though I don't entirely know how it works.

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 08, 2016, 02:53:14 pm »

Okay, how does armor coverage work? Does having coverage over 100 actually do anything, or is layer size the only way to make armor more effective?

Eeeeh, it's both simple and complicated.
First and foremost, as BlackFlyme already mentioned, coverage is the % chance that an incoming attack will hit the armour at all.
However, it also plays a role in the armour's overall mass. I'm honestly not sure exactly how the system works, but pushing COVERAGE up past 100 is (to my knowledge) the only way to make armour stronger without changing its layering properties. This is one of the simpler options available for making actually-useful cloth and leather armours.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 08, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »

Eeeeh, it's both simple and complicated.
First and foremost, as BlackFlyme already mentioned, coverage is the % chance that an incoming attack will hit the armour at all.
However, it also plays a role in the armour's overall mass. I'm honestly not sure exactly how the system works, but pushing COVERAGE up past 100 is (to my knowledge) the only way to make armour stronger without changing its layering properties. This is one of the simpler options available for making actually-useful cloth and leather armours.
Apparently you haven't put on 10 layers of cloaks
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 12, 2016, 05:36:02 am »

How does one add an extract to tree growths? Does it require a new reaction entirely, or is there a way to use the same job that you can find in the farmer's workshop already? I wanna make fruit jelly in vials (mostly because I don't think using entire barrels is justifiable for most fruits and berries), for trading and cooking.

Speaking of, do vial extracts function the same as barrel extracts as long as they have the [EDIBLE_x] tokens?
くコ:彡

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 12, 2016, 08:42:59 am »

hmm noticing the game crashing if you make a new entity file that just a has copy of Dwarves but the entity header changed from mountains and the main race was changed.
did toady do something with how world gen works in 05 now?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 12, 2016, 11:45:39 am »

How does one add an extract to tree growths? Does it require a new reaction entirely, or is there a way to use the same job that you can find in the farmer's workshop already? I wanna make fruit jelly in vials (mostly because I don't think using entire barrels is justifiable for most fruits and berries), for trading and cooking.

Speaking of, do vial extracts function the same as barrel extracts as long as they have the [EDIBLE_x] tokens?

There are material templates (and material descriptors) for plants in the raws. If you define a jam paste/glob material plant template yourself you can just refer to that and attach the plant tags you need in the hybrid format. Because you can only choose 1 colour for the result, just think of the most popular jam variety in your mind and roll with it, you could entirely just copy and paste another type of fruit/plant and add the new liquid states in too to make your new material template, it up to you.

Producing jam out of any plant to be put into vials would be a job to be completed at the farmers workshop for a direct conversion into the jam then depositing into a [EMPTY] vial container (unless you intended for a fruit to have a jam/globular inside by modifying it to be like eggs and egg yolk i guess). I think they are workable for edible items, they are merely small capacity containers after all, where else are you going to store all your syndrome liquid 'potions'?.

============================================================

A question i will take to the dfhack peeps if its too far out of the reach of reaction magic

I ask because im inclined to want to cheat my goblins aversion to cannibalism (due to bugs, they wont even eat the corpse of a hostile dwarf duke on a site i reclaimed with body collection on and all ethics set to acceptable and generally dont commit cannibalism or eating other races as intended outside worldgen) one way or another to dispose of bodies.

Could i find a way to forcefully convert my corpses into skeletons to be butchered? I think goblins are fine with hacking away skeletons of their own kind/trolls but won't queue up butchery jobs because of pets/civvie aversion (also slaughtering trolls is inefficient because the meats never get eaten, and even post reanimation goblin meat is inedible by other goblins)

I was thinking of bringing along the slicing and boning knives to assist and be part of the flavour of the reaction and have some reason in fortress mode for my goblins to carry them around and use them in off-duty training dagger (and meat cleaver axe) exercises. It doesn't have to be all one reaction or anything anyways so multiple tools/tool speciality is perfectly fine.

Would frankensteining a entire skeleton structure body plan together to be removed from a creature in a reaction (then refer to the creature caste in the reaction such as :goblin and apply variant for fingers/additional details as relevant to the body plan so its anatomically correct, i dont assume there will be a ability to make it flexible like butchery) possibly facilitate this?

I already have a little idea in mind for how im going to do it, if i can't make skeletons by carefully 'removing' it from the body and carefully 'removing' the skin/fat is optional and for consideration i will merely turn the entire corpse into the equivalent material content of what's put into it (the creatures size < Materials) between three products (bones, skin body part, fat) with the reasoning im using tools in each reaction so its as efficient as can be and ditch the meat and rest of the body as a lost reagent for the products (since entity civs wont eat it but the rest of the stuff can be put into workshop chains, nothing i produce from this reaction is intended to be eaten, the fat gets passed onto to be turned into inedible tallow)

I have these three materials as my focus for what i want to do further on which i have more or less planned out already.

hmm noticing the game crashing if you make a new entity file that just a has copy of Dwarves but the entity header changed from mountains and the main race was changed.
did toady do something with how world gen works in 05 now?

Its probably because all the noble positions are overlapping onto one another (the lieutenant controls both civ subordinate military positions for example, because its extremely name specific for referencing, brokers dont know or understand which civ entity they belong to because there are two types of identical expedition leaders.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:49:08 am by FantasticDorf »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 15, 2016, 01:33:00 pm »

ANY_APPROPRIATE_POWER isn't a religion token? how do I get [POWER] to work so my civ automatically is led by my [POWER] creature?
and what's wrong with this creature? it doesn't have the windshield for some reason.
the truck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this creature doesn't shoot
body_pikachu

interaction_material_emission_12X
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 15, 2016, 08:16:45 pm »

Your windshield is defined before the part it is attached to is defined. Parts that rely on other parts will not appear if they are defined before the part they rely on.

For example, a head defined before the neck will not appear as there is no neck to attach to at the time the raws are read.

Not sure why the guns don't work though. Been a while since I played with interactions.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 15, 2016, 09:06:48 pm »

@pikachu17
You're missing [OBJECT:INTERACTION] from the header of your interaction file.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 17, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »

Is it possible to make miasma an emission? I'm trying to make a monster out of rotting flesh, but I can't figure out how to make it spew miasma.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 17, 2016, 02:51:29 pm »

I'm doing some caste-level work  for a mod, and I was wondering if I did the skill stuff correctly. If so, a different mod will go very smoothly...

Code: [Select]
[CASTE:FEMALEFARM]
[FEMALE]
[DESCRIPTION:A woman of the tribe who prefers less dangerous means of feeding the tribe. Be it by plow, cattle, or bush, gathering, herding, and agriculture is her way.]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
[CASTE:MALEFARM]
[MALE]
[DESCRIPTION:A man of the tribe who prefers less dangerous means of feeding the tribe. Be it by plow or bush, gathering, herding, and agriculture is his way.]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[SELECT_CASTE:FEMALEFARM]
[SELECT_CASTE:MALEFARM]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATES:50:8:16:16]]
[SKILL_RATE:GELD:115:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:BEEKEEPING:115:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:PRESSING:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:SHEARING:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:SPINNING:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:PROCESSPLANTS:150:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:HERBALISM:150:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:PLANT:150:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:MILK:130:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:COOK:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:CHEESEMAKING:130:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:MILLING:125:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:TANNER:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:BUTCHER:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:BREWING:120:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:SPEAR:100:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:MACE:100:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATE:PIKE:100:8:16:16]

Everything look kosher, or did I forget something?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137