Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201975 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1050 on: May 24, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »

Whats wrong with this reaction?
[REACTION:MAKE_METAL_BED]
        [NAME:make metal bed]
        [BUILDING:METALSMITH:NONE]
        [REAGENT:A:1:BAR:METAL:COPPER:NONE]
        [REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PILLOW:NONE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:C:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUILT:NONE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:D:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MATRESS:NONE:NONE]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
        [SKILL:FORGE_FURNITURE]

You want [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER], first of all.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1051 on: May 24, 2016, 05:03:05 pm »

I tried the ABRUPT_START token, no dice. doesnt paralize them.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 24, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

Are you sure TISSUE is a proper BY_TOKEN token?

NinjaEdit: Then again, PARALYSIS doesn't even take BP targets, so that might be it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:04:46 pm by Repseki »

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 24, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »

To be completly honest i dont remember if it was or not, but i decided to remove that part all toguether since i thought maybe that was the problem. No dice whatsoever.
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 24, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »

Just threw this in an interaction file to test in arena mode and it seemed to work. Somewhat hard to tell if everything in it took effect, since the aardvark I spawned was paralyzed and not showing much else, but it did cough up some blood.

Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:TEST]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BIRD_SOLARI:ALL]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:2000:START:1000]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:8000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:5500:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:95000:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:1250]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:2000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 24, 2016, 07:51:41 pm »

Just threw this in an interaction file to test in arena mode and it seemed to work. Somewhat hard to tell if everything in it took effect, since the aardvark I spawned was paralyzed and not showing much else, but it did cough up some blood.

[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:TEST]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BIRD_SOLARI:ALL]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:2000:START:1000]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:8000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:5500:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:95000:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:1250]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:2000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
OH MY FREAKING HELL!! *facepalm & sigh* i was editing another game's file, i was supposed to be editing my test game files... BUT your solution seems to have worked! thank you. kudos! ;D
Jerry.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1056 on: May 25, 2016, 01:25:40 pm »

hey, I heard that coins in adv-mode have names on them, like "monarch X gold coin" and that this mucks up lists/menus a bit, if you have a lot of them. Too much to scroll through.

If I were to remove all DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN from all monarchs/rulers, would coins just be coins in Adv-Mode?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 25, 2016, 02:55:10 pm »

hey, I heard that coins in adv-mode have names on them, like "monarch X gold coin" and that this mucks up lists/menus a bit, if you have a lot of them. Too much to scroll through.

If I were to remove all DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN from all monarchs/rulers, would coins just be coins in Adv-Mode?
I think so. Sometimes you can find coins made by bandit gangs from towns and all they have is the group name. If you look at the coin it says it's from a period of no rule.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 25, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »

Is there any way to get the POWER creature token working again for these new versions?

I tried giving it to dragons (while making them intelligent as well), and it all works fine during worldgen. But in-game, they'll be hostile to everyone (including the adventurer) nearby in No Quarter combat.

Removing the MEGABEAST tag doesn't seem to work either. Dragons just don't seem to spawn during worldgen without it. And even if they are spawning, they don't seem to be conquering civilizations.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Atrushan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 25, 2016, 10:32:50 pm »

If I wanted to add clay armor and glass swords, how would I go about doing that? I've got a volcano embark with easy access to sand and clay, but limited access to water and metals, and I want to protect my entire fort. I was thinking maybe a clay cap and a clay chestpiece with straps of cloth or something, with strength somewhere in between leather and metal. Also wanted to make green glass short swords, similar to obsidian ones but slightly less effective.

The problem is that I don't even know where to start. I think I can figure out how to add the reactions to the kiln and possibly to the glass furnace, but other than that I'm completely lost. Would it even be possible to do something like this?

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1060 on: May 26, 2016, 01:40:50 am »

If I wanted to add clay armor and glass swords, how would I go about doing that? I've got a volcano embark with easy access to sand and clay, but limited access to water and metals, and I want to protect my entire fort. I was thinking maybe a clay cap and a clay chestpiece with straps of cloth or something, with strength somewhere in between leather and metal. Also wanted to make green glass short swords, similar to obsidian ones but slightly less effective.

The problem is that I don't even know where to start. I think I can figure out how to add the reactions to the kiln and possibly to the glass furnace, but other than that I'm completely lost. Would it even be possible to do something like this?
I'm assuming you want the clay armor to be fired into pottery, rather than just slapping a pile of mud on somebody and wrapping cloth around them to hold it on.  You could probably do something like this:
[REACTION:---------]
[NAME:make clay armor]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_ALT_A]
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:POTTERY]
[REACTION:---------]
[NAME:make clay cap]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_ALT_C]
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:POTTERY]
I haven't tested these, but they should make caps and breastplates out of the appropriate ceramic for whatever kind of clay you feed into them.  No idea how effective this armor will be.  The trick is that if you want to use them in an existing world, you'll have to copy over a couple of other reactions that you don't mind losing.  Go into the world save and open the reaction raws - maybe use lay and trifle pewter, or something.  Keep the REACTION:PEWTER_TRIFLE_MAKING tag, and copy over the rest of the reaction.  You can't add new reactions to a save, but you can change the old ones pretty much any way you want.

If you want to require cloth as a component, you can add another reagent to the reaction.  I'm not certain what the format is to use one cloth item.  If you want to use some custom clay material with qualities you consider appropriate, I suspect you'll have to change the name and properties of some alloy you don't use.  You can specify INORGANIC:(material name) instead of GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT.

The easiest way to make glass swords would probably be to require a piece of raw glass (ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN, I think) and a wooden log (WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE), and then put them together in a craft shop just like obsidian swords.  This will require replacing another reaction, and give you swords that are as effective as glass trap components.  You could change its properties by replacing an alloy you don't use with a fake glass material.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 26, 2016, 08:02:18 am »

I was looking at Entity tokens and the [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] and [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] tokens caught my attention.

Does the absence of those tokens for most civs (including Dwarves) either...

(A) Make it impossible to tame creatures from good or evil biomes in Fortress mode, even if they have [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] or after one adds them?

Or...
(B) Merely mean that the civ who lacks those tokens will not have them available as pets, such as through caravans or as embark choices?

Similarly, does the lack of  [USE_GOOD_PLANTS], [USE_GOOD_WOOD], [USE_EVIL_PLANTS], and/or [USE_EVIL_WOOD] merely mean that the civ won't have them available (i.e., caravans)? Because I'm pretty sure that Dwarves can still harvest such in Fort mode. I wonder why Toady limited Dwarves so by not giving them these tokens? (Imagine retiring a fort in a Good or Evil biome and then, suddenly, your dwarves are unable to use the local plants and trees...?  ???)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1062 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:05 am »

I was looking at Entity tokens and the [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] and [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] tokens caught my attention.

Does the absence of those tokens for most civs (including Dwarves) either...

(A) Make it impossible to tame creatures from good or evil biomes in Fortress mode, even if they have [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] or after one adds them?

Or...
(B) Merely mean that the civ who lacks those tokens will not have them available as pets, such as through caravans or as embark choices?

Similarly, does the lack of  [USE_GOOD_PLANTS], [USE_GOOD_WOOD], [USE_EVIL_PLANTS], and/or [USE_EVIL_WOOD] merely mean that the civ won't have them available (i.e., caravans)? Because I'm pretty sure that Dwarves can still harvest such in Fort mode. I wonder why Toady limited Dwarves so by not giving them these tokens? (Imagine retiring a fort in a Good or Evil biome and then, suddenly, your dwarves are unable to use the local plants and trees...?  ???)
a. no, b. yes. The civ will not use these themselves in world gen, but you as the player can still make use of them if you want to.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Atrushan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 26, 2016, 10:41:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for your help. I can indeed create earthenware breastplates and caps, though I'm not sure how effective they'll be. However, I'm having problems with the glass sword.

I've got this:
[REACTION:MAKE_GLASS_SWORD]
[NAME:make green glass sword]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN]
[REAGENT:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glass:NONE]
[SKILL:GLASSMAKER]

but all that happens when I queue it up is that a glassmaker will go and sit at the workshop for a bit, then leave. Doesn't bring any materials or produce a sword. I'm... rather new to modding, so I don't know where to go from here. I did copy it over the reaction for making wax crafts, keeping the wax craft reaction token.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:39 am »

Try

[REAGENT:glass:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN]
   [REAGENT:wood:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]

The reagents need names.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 137