Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201977 times)

The_Falconer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #960 on: May 07, 2016, 02:37:05 pm »

Couple more things.

The wood shovel is still not showing up in the carpenter's workshop, however I got two other items to show up in the bowyer and work just fine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not really sure why the shovel isnt working atm.  Another question though: Does a reaction to make arrows already exist that I can use? Or do I need to make a reaction for them?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 07, 2016, 04:02:16 pm »

You need to apply the tissue layers (or in your case, layer) after defining the body parts with the BODY and BODY_DETAIL_PLAN tokens.

The process isn't the most intuitive but it is consistent.

Uhh...I've got no idea how that would look. [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CAT_LAYER(or whatever the catagory-for-layers-thing-is):ALL:ALUMINUM]?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 07, 2016, 05:53:34 pm »

As far as I can tell the tags were correct, they were just in the wrong order.  On a phone, so I have to describe rather than show.  Take the TISSUE_LAYER tag and move it just before the first BODY_SIZE tag.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 07, 2016, 10:34:00 pm »

As far as I can tell the tags were correct, they were just in the wrong order.  On a phone, so I have to describe rather than show.  Take the TISSUE_LAYER tag and move it just before the first BODY_SIZE tag.

So take [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATAGORY:ALL:ALUMINUM] and put it right above [BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:08 am »

Is it possible to create a creature that has working lungs, but lives in the SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA biome? I've had no success so far.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 08, 2016, 05:05:41 am »

So take [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATAGORY:ALL:ALUMINUM] and put it right above [BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]?
Yes.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #966 on: May 08, 2016, 07:24:10 am »

I repeat: Any way to make a civ NOT send mercenaries, scholars, visitors, etc to other civs?

Because no matter their friendliness, building-destroyers still raze buildings and necromancers still raise the dead.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 08, 2016, 07:55:31 am »

You can make civs not send scholars by not having any, same with bards, but mercenaries are unstoppable.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #968 on: May 08, 2016, 08:02:52 am »

Wouldn't deleting tokens relating to TOLERATES_SITE, the various "adventurer" tokens, i.e WANDERER, MERCENARY or BEAST_HUNTER prevent civs from sending these types of units to other civs?

The_Falconer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 08, 2016, 09:08:30 am »

Okay I solved the shovel problem I was having albeit Im not sure it was the best way.  I learned anything marked as the [DIGGER] has to be made of metal so I made 2 separate shovel weapons, one just marked as a weapon so I can make wooden versions and another marked as digger so I can embark with them.  However I was not able to get them made at the carpenters workshop even though it works just fine at a custom workshop.

throwsFireball

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 08, 2016, 09:44:10 am »

Hey, guys, just curious as to what happens when people get hit by a transformation syndrome. Do they change allegiances or what?

So if an badger with a badger transformation syndrome comes along and bites a dwarf does that dwarf ally with the badger when they transform?

Equally, the other way around. If I give a dwarf a dwarf transformation syndrome who then bites a badger does that badger become part of your civ when they transform?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #971 on: May 08, 2016, 11:10:28 am »

Hey, guys, just curious as to what happens when people get hit by a transformation syndrome. Do they change allegiances or what?

So if an badger with a badger transformation syndrome comes along and bites a dwarf does that dwarf ally with the badger when they transform?

Equally, the other way around. If I give a dwarf a dwarf transformation syndrome who then bites a badger does that badger become part of your civ when they transform?
They just change the creature, but keep their alliances. Even if you get sieged by goblins and turn them into dwarves, they stay invaders. Or you transform your dog into a dragon, still a pet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 08, 2016, 12:57:12 pm »

Hey, its a dragon that says "woof!" That's adorable.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 08, 2016, 03:31:04 pm »

Hey, its a dragon that says "woof!" That's adorable.

And flipping awesome.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 08, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

Is there a limit to clutch size and litter size? I'm trying to create a creature with a low life span and high reproduction yield, but it doesn't work. I've only tried a min:max of 400:500.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 137