Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201915 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #885 on: April 29, 2016, 11:27:26 am »

Can I define multiple different syndroms for one material? I mean, for instance, a poison which has different effect on dwarves and elves.
Yes, a material can have multiple syndromes, each with a SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:45 am »

Thanks alot. Also can you see whats wrong with this reaction? It makes a wood bed out of a wood and 3 clothes
[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_BED]
        [NAME:make wood bed]
        [BUILDING:CARPENTER:NONE]
        [REAGENT:A:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [REAGENT:B:30000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
        [SKILL:CARPENTRY]
I get missing reaction definition error when i try to load the save

A:wood means you have 2 reagent IDs.

Also, that error is when something has been removed. Did you change any object IDs?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 29, 2016, 11:57:58 am »

Should I separate them with [SYNDROME] tags or something?

Huh? I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Bozdogan, as long as I can say, it's not the reaction that causes error, it's wrong/missing [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_BED] line in entity raws.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:14:32 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 29, 2016, 12:25:32 pm »

Should I separate them with [SYNDROME] tags or something?
Yes.  They should also each have a distinct name for troubleshooting purposes.

Huh? I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Bozdogan, as long as I can say, it's not the reaction that causes error, it's wrong/missing [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_BED] line in entity raws.
The first argument after REAGENT is the ID.  It can be any text, but since it appears in the interface it ought to give the player a hint of what is required.  Interactions have very generic IDs like "A" because the player never sees them.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2016, 12:44:53 pm »

Yes.  They should also each have a distinct name for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks.

The first argument after REAGENT is the ID.  It can be any text, but since it appears in the interface it ought to give the player a hint of what is required.  Interactions have very generic IDs like "A" because the player never sees them.

Oh, I see now.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2016, 01:53:43 pm »

Is there any way to make your home civ automatically have a certain gem for embark/trade but not have a building you can make free gems in-game?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 29, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »

Is there any way to make your home civ automatically have a certain gem for embark/trade but not have a building you can make free gems in-game?
Any reaction that produces the gem should suffice, even if it requires seven slade goblets as reagents.  Not sure if the reaction even needs to be attached to a building.
Just got back, updating:

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 29, 2016, 02:32:44 pm »

If the civ is playable and the reaction isn't attached to a building players wont be able to make the gem, but will be able to get at embark all the time right?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2016, 04:01:13 pm »

If the civ is playable and the reaction isn't attached to a building players wont be able to make the gem, but will be able to get at embark all the time right?
I'm not sure about the building angle (has anyone here tested that idea?), but like I said you could make the reagents stupidly expensive to keep the manufacturing process out of the player's hands.
Just got back, updating:

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2016, 06:18:18 pm »

I'm not sure about the building angle (has anyone here tested that idea?), but like I said you could make the reagents stupidly expensive to keep the manufacturing process out of the player's hands.
I think it works, actually. Easily tested by removing the building from the steel reaction and seeing if you still get steel items at embark.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 30, 2016, 06:25:59 am »

Do [SYN_INHALED] syndromes affect creatures with [NOBREATHE] and/or without breathing bodyparts? (presuming there are no any other obstacles)
DF Combat Reworked

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #896 on: April 30, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »

When I open menus ingame like the Siege Workshop or Forge, I get all kind of spoiler metals in the lists... is that normal?

Its kinda distracting if you have 12 normal weapon-grade metals and 10 fancy-super-rare things you shouldnt be aware of anyway.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 30, 2016, 05:44:07 pm »

Do [SYN_INHALED] syndromes affect creatures with [NOBREATHE] and/or without breathing bodyparts? (presuming there are no any other obstacles)

As far as I am aware, NOBREATHE creatures are unaffected, but creatures without breathing parts may still be able to breathe.

When I open menus ingame like the Siege Workshop or Forge, I get all kind of spoiler metals in the lists... is that normal?

Its kinda distracting if you have 12 normal weapon-grade metals and 10 fancy-super-rare things you shouldnt be aware of anyway.

Adamantine has been spoiled in unmodded games for a while now, so it may just be an unintended feature.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 30, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »

Spoiler metals have always shown up in every menu where any metals show up at all.

pantsentranced

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 02, 2016, 12:34:13 am »

I'd like to create a unit on the surface about 1/4 of the way from the top left corner of the map.

What would be the best way using a lua script to find the coordinates of that location?

Also, is there an easy way to tell if that tile is occupied by a tree or something solid?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 137