Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201759 times)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #720 on: April 02, 2016, 08:44:21 am »

not sure about the former but the later is easy, just give the material a reaction class.

otherwise, you might be able to specify a creature/plant material in the reaction with CREATURE_MAT:ELK:HORN for example, where the first token is either CREATURE_MAT or PLANT_MAT, second is the creature/plant name, third is the material name. unsure if this actually works for reactions tho.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 02, 2016, 09:03:56 am »

Hey can I make a Civ literally in the ocean? I am not suggesting it be possible to play a civ in the water, just need to know if there can be underwater sources of fish people that co
No.

Could I make it so that a crafting interaction requires the tooth of a specific species of creature? Or the eyeball of a snake? Or a leaf of a specific tree since you can pick leaves :O
Yes, just make reactions like Bogus says.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:40:06 am by TheFlame52 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 02, 2016, 11:33:55 am »

Civs on the ocean can spawn and are fully functional. No one knows what the cities actually look like because traversing oceans mean truly massive quantities of lag. But they work.

Somewhat related, I forget who found it out, but trees can also spawn on the surface of water if their biome is set to lake or ocean. Water is weird in this game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 02, 2016, 11:43:40 am »

They work, but everything collapses into the water when you come close in adventure mode. And because the ocean blocks travel, they won't interact with anyone in worldgen or fort mode.

So basically they're there, but you just can't visit them, trade with them, or fight them.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 02, 2016, 11:46:31 am »

My miltiary is doing nothing but ''individual combat training/resting''
Any help?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 02, 2016, 11:48:06 am »

They work, but everything collapses into the water when you come close in adventure mode. And because the ocean blocks travel, they won't interact with anyone in worldgen or fort mode.

So basically they're there, but you just can't visit them, trade with them, or fight them.
Are you sure about the interaction in fort mode? I remember caravans from ocean entities, though it was before the world activation.

Any help?
This is not a modding question, you'd have better luck in the other boards. That said, it's likely something to do with the schedule you set for them.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:04 pm »

Any help?
This is not a modding question, you'd have better luck in the other boards. That said, it's likely something to do with the schedule you set for them.
[/quote]
Ah my apologies, i forgot

Well here are some modding related questions
Remember the silicoid race i made? Well i made a civ for them so that i could play them in fortress mode but:
1.All the immigrants are called ''Silicoid'' no names no nicknames nothing
2.All the starting silicoids and immigrants are female
3.In adventure mod, when i visit silicoid sites, i cant talk to them, i dont need to make a custom language for them do i?
Thank you

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2016, 12:16:50 pm »

1 & 3: They are lacking INTELLIGENT, probably.

2: Did you add POP_RATIO to the castes?

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 02, 2016, 12:29:27 pm »

They do have the intelligent trait in creature standart, do i have to add it to entity default too?

And i thought i had the castes  done..huh
Though while antman castes have pop ratios, dwarf ones dont, if i dont put in any pop ratio token will it be simply 50:50?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2016, 12:34:15 pm »

They do have the intelligent trait in creature standart, do i have to add it to entity default too?

Though while antman castes have pop ratios, dwarf ones dont, if i dont put in any pop ratio token will it be simply 50:50?
pop ratio is not a percentage, but rather a... relative weight? English fails me. If the token isn't present, all castes will have the same chance to appear.

Post the creature, please.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 02, 2016, 12:39:07 pm »

pop ratio is not a percentage, but rather a... relative weight? English fails me. If the token isn't present, all castes will have the same chance to appear.

Post the creature, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:33:34 pm by Bozdogan »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2016, 12:59:08 pm »

They have NOTHOUGHT, which, well... it removes the capacity for thought. Including speech.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2016, 11:39:04 am »

Can i create custom items for specific jobs?
Like only felling axes can cut trees,or you need a scyhte to harvest certain plants like wheat, and a chisel&hammer to make a statue etc
Also how do i change the time it needs to do a task
Thank you

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 03, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »

Can i create custom items for specific jobs?
Like only felling axes can cut trees,or you need a scyhte to harvest certain plants like wheat, and a chisel&hammer to make a statue etc
Also how do i change the time it needs to do a task
Thank you
You can add reagents to reactions, which makes them required to do the work, and just label them as not being consumed nor determining the quantity produced.  Look at barrels in the drink reactions as an example.  But I don't think tree-felling or harvesting are among the tasks you can fiddle with.

As for time, there is instant and not.  IIRC, requiring a skill makes it not be instant.  To make it take longer, you'll need to build several reactions with intermediate products.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2016, 12:30:22 pm »

How do i make an adventure mode reaction to create a liquid? like i want to create wine, and milk, and just simply anything thats drinkable
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137