Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201746 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #690 on: March 31, 2016, 05:05:56 pm »

I presume it's the same with the dances and songs and whatever, as well?  There's no correlation between something you can put in a race's personalities or entity raws that would allow you to make, for example, a war-like race that prefers war-whoop dances versus a more languid race that prefers fluid dances?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 31, 2016, 05:07:24 pm »

I presume it's the same with the dances and songs and whatever, as well?  There's no correlation between something you can put in a race's personalities or entity raws that would allow you to make, for example, a war-like race that prefers war-whoop dances versus a more languid race that prefers fluid dances?
Nothing at all. The difference is that instruments can be modded in, while other forms of art cannot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:27 pm »

The first file should start:
Code: [Select]
reaction_extract

[OBJECT:REACTION]

{reactions go here}

the text at the top actually doesn't matter. I have other reaction files without it and it doesn't effect anything since anything not in brackets is ignored. It's definitely something to do with the reaction itself not being happy. Everything seems to be correct to me, but the game isn't happy for some reason. If anyone could toss me a working thread reaction with any material, that'd be massively helpful for troubleshooting it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 31, 2016, 05:20:59 pm »

The first file should start:
Code: [Select]
reaction_extract

[OBJECT:REACTION]

{reactions go here}

the text at the top actually doesn't matter. I have other reaction files without it and it doesn't effect anything since anything not in brackets is ignored.

...No, that's not true at all.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 31, 2016, 05:26:06 pm »

Putnam has it right, the very first line MUST be the exact name of the file, and file names must follow a certain structure (reaction files must have names in the "reaction_whatever" structure and so one).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

Huh, all my files have worked perfectly fine without adding the filename at the beginning. Sorry if I'm saying something incorrect! I figured what actually matters is the file token at the beginning. Regardless, testing after adding it doesn't fix or change anything for me. I poked around in old Masterwork mod files and copied the exact reaction for Gold Thread and added [STOCKPILE_THREAD_METAL] to the Gold material file and it /still/ doesn't work. Did something change with handling thread since then?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 31, 2016, 07:10:01 pm »

Does making a playable race without [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT] still make the race basically well-dependent, or can you make them drink tea in the fortress or something?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #697 on: March 31, 2016, 07:13:48 pm »

I think they will casually drink alcohol in addition to water if you set up a tavern, though of course you might have problems with some of them drinking way too much and dying from alcohol poisoning.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #698 on: March 31, 2016, 07:28:21 pm »

Is there a way to enchant an item through the advfort df hack plugin?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 01, 2016, 12:05:15 am »

How do i make it so that dwarves cant get attached to woodenweapons

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 01, 2016, 12:09:32 am »

Is there a way to enchant an item through the advfort df hack plugin?

Pretty sure that enchantment is an entirely different DFHack plug-in. itemSyndrome, maybe? I don't keep track of it much.

How do i make it so that dwarves cant get attached to woodenweapons

Unfortunately, I don't think attachment is moddable.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 01, 2016, 04:33:05 am »

Does making a playable race without [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT] still make the race basically well-dependent, or can you make them drink tea in the fortress or something?

They'll still prioritize drinks over water, alcoholic or not. If you make reactions that generate tea, they'll drink it without issues.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

They'll still prioritize drinks over water, alcoholic or not. If you make reactions that generate tea, they'll drink it without issues.

Oh, I thought tea was part of the main game, now, but is it modding only? That explains my difficulty finding anything on it... OK, well, I guess I'll mod it in.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 01, 2016, 10:57:22 am »

Im really not good at reactions, can anyone write here a reaction for making 4 wood blcoks from 1 log?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:11 am »

Oh, I thought tea was part of the main game, now, but is it modding only? That explains my difficulty finding anything on it... OK, well, I guess I'll mod it in.
It'll be alcoholic tea, but these are dwarves making the tea after all.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 137