Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201567 times)

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2016, 05:40:05 am »

For reactions, is there a means to allow the user to specify the material they want to use in a reaction, or do you just need to bite the bullet and add a reaction for each material?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:55 pm »

Nope, there isn't. But hey, hiding the variants into submenus will make them not shit up the workshop UI at least!!

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2016, 11:26:37 am »

I have a creature that uses a reaction to transform into a copy of itself for a few turns before going back to the original form. This is so that it can regenerate whole limbs. This works as intended except that now, as opposed to previous versions where it didn't, the cooldown for this reaction is reset as soon as it changes back. This basically leads to the creature infinitely transforming. Is there any way around this or is it the new intended behavior of reactions?

Here are the relevant raws:

interaction_regenerator.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

creature_regenerator.txt

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 24, 2016, 11:29:12 am »

I have a creature that uses a reaction to transform into a copy of itself for a few turns before going back to the original form. This is so that it can regenerate whole limbs. This works as intended except that now, as opposed to previous versions where it didn't, the cooldown for this reaction is reset as soon as it changes back. This basically leads to the creature infinitely transforming. Is there any way around this or is it the new intended behavior of reactions?

creature_regenerator.txt
You could make the transformation last longer and the creature it transforms to lack the transforming ability if it has it. Thats probably the most simple way to deal with that problem.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 24, 2016, 11:55:09 am »

creature_regenerator.txt
You could make the transformation last longer and the creature it transforms to lack the transforming ability if it has it. Thats probably the most simple way to deal with that problem.
(Without DFHack, of course) Transformed creatures cannot transform again. What I think is happening there is that the creature is transforming as intended and then back when the effect ends. Since the transformation has a small (or no) cooldown, it then goes and transforms again. Just give it a greater [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:X].

This might help
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:24 pm »

creature_regenerator.txt
(Without DFHack, of course) Transformed creatures cannot transform again. What I think is happening there is that the creature is transforming as intended and then back when the effect ends. Since the transformation has a small (or no) cooldown, it then goes and transforms again. Just give it a greater [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:X].

This might help
The thing is that the game doesent keep track of cooldowns during transformations so when the creature transforms back into itself it will have all its ability cooldowns reset in a same manner as how it will regrow lost limbs. so im fairly sure the only way to have the creature transform with some sort of cooldown is modifying the END part of
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:1]
Although i'd recommend Ianp to try both of the solutions as im using outdated version and things may have changed from the version i am using myself.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:09:37 pm by Cheesoburgor »
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2016, 03:26:52 am »

You can also make the transformation occur once or twice a month using period timers: it exists in its normal state half the month, transforms for the next half (regaining limbs) and then transforms back (again healing). Or just have the transformation occur once a month, but only take effect for the shortest possible timeframe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2016, 10:27:38 am »

Does DFhack have a 42.XX version yet? I mean, sure, the front page of its thread says it's for 40.24, but Dwarf Therapist said the same when it had 42.XX versions out already, so yeah.

I'd like to get into it, but I have no idea where to even start.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2016, 01:37:18 pm »

I am working on modding in better bodies for creatures in game so combat is a bit more realistic.

I am new to to modding so may have a lot of questions.

First I wanted to create small bones that would be used for fingers.

Was thinking about adding this TISSUE_TEMPLATE

Small Bone

Medium Bone

I would then like to use them in small bones in fingers, toes, foot and hand. And use Medium Bones in lower leg, lower arm and ribs.

I think tissue templates should work just fin but for the love of God I have no idea where to find what tissues compose fingers etc.Any idea?

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »

Your creature probably have something like [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE] several lines ahead of [BODY:.......]
Thats is what you looking for.
These plans are located in b_detail_plan_default.txt
Code: [Select]
        [ADD_TISSUE:SMALL_BONE:SMALL_BONE_TEMPLATE] - add tissue to creature
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:SMALL_BONE:25:ARG3:25:ARG2:5:ARG1:1]   SMALL_BONE instead of ARG4
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:SMALL_BONE:25:ARG3:25:ARG2:5:ARG1:1] 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:56:59 pm by sv-esk »

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2016, 02:41:31 pm »

So I cannot do it as a standard for all creatures but have to add small bone for each creature in the game I want?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 25, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »

So I cannot do it as a standard for all creatures but have to add small bone for each creature in the game I want?
You may be able sneak it in though modifying standard templates.  Then you only change one or two vanilla files instead of every creature.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2016, 03:04:41 am »

Changing the standard template directly will work, and will be passed on to every creature that uses it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2016, 08:29:12 pm »

I am defining a tree with a black trunk, but its background color stays black, too. Am I overlooking a mistake, or can trunk background color not be changed?

Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2016, 11:25:12 pm »

-snip-

Well assuming what you're saying is true, in that the wait period does not work across body transformations, you could have the interaction add a marker syndrome for xxx ticks, where xxx is your cooldown, and have the interaction be unable to target a creature that has the marker syndrome's class.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 137