Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201324 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2015, 10:24:02 am »

I don't know of a way to have, for example, a four-armed creature with one attack for the upper arms and another for the lower arms... either one attack for all four arms, or one for each arm.

Wouldn't BY_CATEGORY work? Upper arms are in a different category than lower arms.
The categories ARM_LOWER and ARM_UPPER refer to the parts of an individual arm.  Each arm has an ARM_LOWER (forearm) part and an ARM_UPPER part.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:19 am »

Well carp, I'm sorry. Guess if you really want that sort of attack, you'll have to resort to your own body plan.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2015, 11:24:25 am »

Well carp, I'm sorry. Guess if you really want that sort of attack, you'll have to resort to your own body plan.
Just make a distinct attack for each arm, then fiddle with the mutli-attack attributes until it matches your headcanon for the creature.

Does the creature we're discussing even have multiple pairs of arms?  Maybe Lightningy has something like Hellboy in mind.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2015, 01:42:52 pm »

Is it possible to change what sort of crafts or toys a civ can make?  Like, could I do civs with a toy sword instead of a toy axe or ceremonial masks instead of figurines?  Could I add craft types like a comb or a cloak pin? 

Also, is there a way to access the submenus in workshops?  For example, if I have a reaction to make a wooden club or a stone hammer, could I add those reactions to rock and wood sections of the crafters workshop?  Or if I add cobalt glass or lead glass, could I make them a submenu that would look like the existing glass types? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »

Toys should still be in the raws, unless I missed something. Custom toys have been a thing for a while. Fairly certain crafts are still hardcoded though. You could probably emulate crafts through tools, however.

You can create your own categories/menus, but I don't know about altering the new ones. Here are some example raws from a gem-working shop I created:
Code: [Select]
[CATEGORY:GEM_CRAFT]
 [CATEGORY_NAME:Gem Crafts]
 [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Gem Crafts]

You only have to define the category name and description once. Adding CATEGORY:X in subsequent reactions will place them in that category.

There is also [CATEGORY_PARENT:X] for nesting categories.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:15:25 pm by BlackFlyme »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

Just make a distinct attack for each arm, then fiddle with the mutli-attack attributes until it matches your headcanon for the creature.

Does the creature we're discussing even have multiple pairs of arms?  Maybe Lightningy has something like Hellboy in mind.
Nope! the creature im making is just meant to be an adventurer for my OP mod, where every thing is OP. (practice for my Onepunch man mod(go watch that anime right nao))
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2015, 02:15:59 pm »

Um. There's a crash on world generation, caused by entities. I've narrowed down which entities cause the crash, now I can't understand why.

For example, this one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It worked in 0.40. I've adapted it for 0.42, just like i had all the other entities, but somehow it causes crashing. I already know it's not the positions (tried replacing with a generic set) or the creatures themselves (tried replacing with a creature from a 'good' entity), so what is it?

[UPD] Found the solution. It was a non-existent symbol: [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:28:01 pm by Valikdu »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »

Okay, so I'm presently trying to get kobolds to be playable, and I keep getting crashes upon selecting embark.  So... yeah, anyone have any ideas?

In-progress RAW:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »

They need to be able to generate music forms. Dance forms without music forms crash in world-gen.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2015, 07:26:43 pm »

Hmmm, I only poked at it a little, but it isn't possible to add a general "ASSEMBLE_ISNTRUMENTS_ADV" type reaction which only looks for instrument parts and puts them together/checks for the instrument type, right?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2015, 07:43:26 pm »

Instrument parts are a tool and there's no way to constrain reagents to only instrument-making items.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 24, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

Well, I didn't mean constrain, I was trying to ponder through whether the relevant tags could just make it pick up the randomly generated instrument parts and use them correctly since you can't very well add an [ASSEMBLE_USMASH] reaction if the usmash didn't exist before world-gen.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 24, 2015, 11:57:54 pm »

Are cooking reactions hardcoded? Or are they contained in some raw file that I can't find?
I just want to look at them real quick, I'm not doing anything special here.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2015, 12:06:25 am »

Hardcoded.

Partially controlled by food items. You can make different "items" for each cooking level.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 25, 2015, 03:02:04 am »

So.. couple questions; 
1.  Is there any guide to aesthetic body modifications I could get to?
2.  Specific subquestion (but not my only thing i'm looking for); how to differentiate body hair color from head hair color?
3.  How to make new tiles for a custom race with a tileset?
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 137