Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201349 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »

Bare minimum is to give the entity the tag [SITE_CONTROLLABLE].

Noble positions are required for greater playability as well. Some are more important than others, such as military nobles being required to create a militia, or a mayor to speak with liaisons and diplomats.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2015, 06:12:52 am »

PTW
Taste my Paci-Fist

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2015, 09:04:24 am »

I'm confused with how temperature works, so can someone help explain it to me?

When setting the MAT_FIXED_TEMP of a material to some absurdly high number, anything it touches is not affected at all. Making the MAT_FIXED_TEMP none and setting the MELTING_POINT to a lower number like 9900, I was expecting something touched by the material through a liquid glob material emission interaction to not be affected at all. However, the complete opposite happened, and creatures touched by the material would melt wherever it was hit. Boiling, ignite, and heatdam point were set to temperatures higher than that of magma btw.

I'm getting the same results, which is quite odd. Thanks to this though i have my melting material, now to try and figure out the freezing material.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2015, 05:24:44 pm »

Are wooden bolts supposed to be able to tear muscles and even separate a creature's upper body form its lower body?

Also, I'm having trouble understanding how to give chitin the properties of metal. Wooden bolts are completely going through chitin that I modified to have the properties of adamantine, even though they bounce off armor that is made of copper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »

Tear muscles? Yes. Bisect people? Not unless they are incredibly small or your bolts are sized for a ballista.

It may help to see your chitin raws. Usually you would just paste most values from other materials.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2015, 05:44:28 pm »

Here are the raws for the chitin:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, in regards to the bolts bisecting, it was after they kept on tearing the muscle of my creature (a lot bigger than a human). I think the continuous hits by the bolts caused it to get bisected.

I don't really know if this should be possible, so I'll also post this here to see if it can be explained.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:30:01 pm by thedonkified »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:53 pm »

Raws

error log.

It giving me an error even though these lines are from the Dragon raws
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2015, 07:50:55 pm »

The gaits are weird, they look like the old 34.11 ones?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2015, 08:17:43 pm »

The gaits are ok, it the heat dam bit that wrong

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2015, 08:27:04 pm »

The gaits are OK, its the heat dam section that the game doesn't like; despite it being identical to the one used by the dragon.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2015, 01:01:53 am »

Looks like all your materials are inorganic.  Maybe it isn't recognizing SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL because there are no local creature mats?  I assume you gave your custom inorganics the properties you want; seems like you could just skip the material modification tokens.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2015, 07:26:42 am »

Looks like all your materials are inorganic.  Maybe it isn't recognizing SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL because there are no local creature mats?  I assume you gave your custom inorganics the properties you want; seems like you could just skip the material modification tokens.

True, true.

Also how do i set up a different punch for different arms?

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2015, 07:59:00 am »

Use BY_TOKEN instead of BY_TYPE to reference the hands.  Be aware that this is all-or-nothing.  I don't know of a way to have, for example, a four-armed creature with one attack for the upper arms and another for the lower arms... either one attack for all four arms, or one for each arm.

You can hide this a bit by using the same attack verb multiple times, but make sure that your creature is doing multi-attacks the way you want it to.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2015, 08:51:14 am »

Use BY_TOKEN instead of BY_TYPE to reference the hands.  Be aware that this is all-or-nothing.  I don't know of a way to have, for example, a four-armed creature with one attack for the upper arms and another for the lower arms... either one attack for all four arms, or one for each arm.

You can hide this a bit by using the same attack verb multiple times, but make sure that your creature is doing multi-attacks the way you want it to.

Thanks

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2015, 10:10:32 am »

I don't know of a way to have, for example, a four-armed creature with one attack for the upper arms and another for the lower arms... either one attack for all four arms, or one for each arm.

Wouldn't BY_CATEGORY work? Upper arms are in a different category than lower arms.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 137