Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201266 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »

You can't make something liquid by default AFAIK.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2015, 06:12:00 pm »

I mean with blood with a creature or with a liquid_glob attack interaction. If I set the material that this blood is made out of to have no melting point, would the blood never freeze into its solid form?

I'm asking this because I'm having trouble with an attack similar to that of a magma crab, but this attack uses the blood of my creature. There's a problem with arena mode testing where the blood freezes after landing on someone. Also, if I were to create such a material, how would I have it so that it's so hot that it melts people but still evaporates after a set amount of time?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2015, 06:31:22 pm »

Because I'm a nerd, I modded cats to be an entity.

Have I forgotten something necessary to make them properly playable? (I'm pretty sure I removed their ability to make picks, but I'm planning to replace that as soon as I think of an alternate digging tool to replace them with.)

This was a 10-minute mod; I only added [INTELLIGENT] and removed petness tokens from the creature, and deleted tags that make no sense on cats (all clothing + tools/weapons and beard styling) and changed the religious spheres in the entity, if I'm remembering right.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »

Does entity_kitty have [OBJECT:ENTITY] above any ENTITY tokens?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »

I completely forgot both OBJECT tokens, actually.

Good thing I checked before trying to play, huh?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2015, 09:48:06 pm »

I mean with blood with a creature or with a liquid_glob attack interaction. If I set the material that this blood is made out of to have no melting point, would the blood never freeze into its solid form?

I'm asking this because I'm having trouble with an attack similar to that of a magma crab, but this attack uses the blood of my creature. There's a problem with arena mode testing where the blood freezes after landing on someone. Also, if I were to create such a material, how would I have it so that it's so hot that it melts people but still evaporates after a set amount of time?

Doesnt make sense. No melting point means it can't become liquid, basic physics. What you want is a very low MP.

Try high MAT_FIXED_TEMP for superheated stuff, and EVAPORATES.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2015, 04:44:24 am »

Any easy way to stop a creature from dying due to blood loss? Making zombies.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2015, 06:03:34 am »

don't give them blood

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »

don't give them blood

I thought about that, but it wouldn't be as fun if ya couldn't paint your fortress in zombie blood, and it's a bit of a gameplay mechanic. Their blood also has a chance of infecting you.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2015, 03:16:37 pm »

Which token controls civilizations using grown items? Is it [OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS], or is it just having forest retreat as a site? Or something else?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2015, 03:21:08 pm »

don't give them blood
I thought about that, but it wouldn't be as fun if ya couldn't paint your fortress in zombie blood, and it's a bit of a gameplay mechanic. Their blood also has a chance of infecting you.
Then you'll have to deal with them dying of blood loss. Only reanimated creatures don't die of blood loss, and I'm quite sure it's impossible to make a creature already be reanimated from the start.

Which token controls civilizations using grown items? Is it [OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS], or is it just having forest retreat as a site? Or something else?
[USE_EVIL_PLANTS], [USE_GOOD_PLANTS], [INDOOR_FARMING], [OUTDOOR_FARMING], [INDOOR_GARDENS], [OUTDOOR_GARDENS], [INDOOR_ORCHARDS], [OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS] control what they can grow in farms and such. If you are talking about elf-style wood equipment, it's [WOOD_WEAPONS] and [WOOD_ARMOR] that you want.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2015, 03:27:44 pm »

It is interesting that WOOD_WEAPON and WOOD_ARMOR by default always implied ability to make wooden armor/weapons only.

Does any of these tokens present in entity now allow creatures to make "grown" wooden items in general? Is there no way to make a civ use "grown" items without forcing it to use wooden armor/weapons?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2015, 03:45:58 pm »

Can anyone show me an example of a food that causes a syndrome effect? I was going to make poisonous mushrooms, but I'm not exactly sure how to add a syndrome to a plant. Creatures sure, easy, boil stone clusters, yeah I can do that, but I'm stumped here on plants.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

It is interesting that WOOD_WEAPON and WOOD_ARMOR by default always implied ability to make wooden armor/weapons only.

Does any of these tokens present in entity now allow creatures to make "grown" wooden items in general? Is there no way to make a civ use "grown" items without forcing it to use wooden armor/weapons?
Is it possible for an entity to have wood weapons/armor without hating you for selling wooden items? My entity lacks [TREE_CAP_DIPLOMACY] but they still get offended when offered wooden goods
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »

Is it possible for an entity to have wood weapons/armor without hating you for selling wooden items? My entity lacks [TREE_CAP_DIPLOMACY] but they still get offended when offered wooden goods

The two are entirely uncoupled - touchiness about wood is controlled by [ETHIC:KILL_PLANT], specifically a value of MISGUIDED or worse.
You can actually do the same with [ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL] (see IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL in material definitions), although no vanilla entities have ever been subject to this as far as I know.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 137