Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201929 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #930 on: May 04, 2016, 06:39:41 pm »

[CREATURE_TILE:N] should be [CREATURE_TILE:'N']

CDI means Can Do Interaction, for interaction tokens. The specific token you have their is for the cooldown before the nonexistant interaction is able to be used again.

As a robot, you won't want it to have [HAS_NERVES].

[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET] allows the creature to be kidnapped by Night Trolls and converted into their spouse.

[MUNDANE] means it is mundane.

Having both genders means the creature can reproduce. If there is no defined child age stage, then the children will be born as adults.

You don't need to make a new body plan or materials. If there is only one creature that would end up using it, you are better off not making the plans anyways. You can define and place tissues straight into the creature itself. Add this code below the BODY token:

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:BRONZE]  <- TISSUE lets the game know you are creating a new tissue within the creature, and BRONZE is our unique ID for it.
[TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]  <- Just the singular and plural name for this tissue.
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]  <- here we define the tissue's material. We want metal, which has the INORGANIC tag, and we choose the specific metal's ID to go after it. You can also choose things such as plant or animal materials.
[MUSCULAR]  <- defines the tissue as being muscle.
[FUNCTIONAL]  <- lets the game know that the tissue has a function, which may stop working if damaged enough.
[STRUCTURAL]  <- lets the game know that the tissue is needed for support, like how we can't move with broken bones.
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]  <- the thickness of the tissue compared to others.
[CONNECTS]  <- connects body parts together.
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]  <- type of tissue, with layer being the most commonly used tissue type, though others such as hair, feathers, or scales exist.
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRONZE]  <- this begins defining where the tissue will be placed. They are placed on every body part that has a category, and lets the game know we want to use the tissue with the ID of BRONZE, which is what we used in the beginning.

This was ripped right out of the Bronze Colossus' raws, and added some notes on what does what. It will make the creature completely out of bronze.

I don't know too much about mannerisms. It's just descriptive fluff anyways, so it doesn't matter too much.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 04, 2016, 06:40:47 pm »

Also, you're going to need to make the 3EYES body part.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 04, 2016, 06:52:47 pm »

Well, I want to give it golden nerves... Ah well. Is there a way to make it so that there's no 'skin', as in it looks like a skeleton without a full-body 'shell' of aluminum?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 04, 2016, 06:56:58 pm »

(Sorry about the double post)

If I make the category in the [TISSUE_LAYER] section as 'SKELETAL' will it put it into bone shapes?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »

No, that would be what modders lovingly describe as "making shit up", which you can't really do.

These are all of the valid things you can put into tissues.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 04, 2016, 07:02:34 pm »

So this will not work?

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:SKELETAL:ALUMINUM]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:43 pm »

BY_CATEGORY there refers to body part categories, so no.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 04, 2016, 07:09:09 pm »

No default body parts in the body file have [CATEGORY:SKELETAL] as far as I know.

It would only work if there were body parts with that category.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:10 pm »

OK. Well, I think I can figure out the rest...maybe. Hopefully. What's a heat-setting needed to light stuff on fire? I want these guys to shoot fiery bolts from their (modded) crossbows.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #939 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:04 am »

Not possible right now to have items that set things on fire or have any other unique effect, unfortunately.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 05, 2016, 06:09:02 am »

Not even by having the material it's made of ignite once it's exposed to air?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #941 on: May 05, 2016, 06:33:39 am »

They'd just melt before you could fire them.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 05, 2016, 03:05:08 pm »

Darn. :/ Guess they'll get generic bolts then... FOR NOW! Muwahahaha! Once we can make specialized bolts, I'm absolutely gonna make them on fire. Little yellow-red flashes with smoke trailing behind them as the Metallicons fire on some unfortunate hippies, then igniting the bodies or the ground around them as more flaming bolts fly by. Ah the image is GLORIOUS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #943 on: May 06, 2016, 07:56:39 am »

I'll just repeat a question I've gotten today that I cant answer myself:
Do all civilizations send guests to your locations? Could I even get necromancer visitors....?  Perhaps there's something in the raws that allows races to visit other race's locations, if so, it should probably be removed for certain races, like kill-everything werebeasts that enrage, or necromancers that raise the dead, things like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 06, 2016, 09:33:14 am »

I'll just repeat a question I've gotten today that I cant answer myself:
Do all civilizations send guests to your locations? Could I even get necromancer visitors....?  Perhaps there's something in the raws that allows races to visit other race's locations, if so, it should probably be removed for certain races, like kill-everything werebeasts that enrage, or necromancers that raise the dead, things like that.
"I'm afraid I don't have any coin to pay you," said the Necromancer with a smile, "but I do know a magic trick that would entertain your other guests."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 137