Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201787 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #795 on: April 12, 2016, 03:38:38 pm »

If I make a custom food item, produced at a workshop, that has a syndrome attached to it, will a dwarf that eats a prepared meal containing it be affected by the syndrome as well? What about just regular raw food? My plan is to add in production chains to process food and make it more valuable, like bread, artisan cheeses, smoked fish, and the like. These things would have a syndrome attached to them that gives whoever eats them a mild good thought for eating good food or some such thing, like alcohol does but less extreme. I don't want to break the kitchen in the process though, and if the two systems are mutually exclusive I don't really see a system like that working out.

food items contain references to the original items&materials in them, so any syndrome working from the food would have to be on the ingredient materials as well, unless you use a script to change the materials in the process (with a script you could just trigger the syndrome through the eat job tho, would probably be easier to do).

you cant really break the kitchen, as the reactions are hardcoded. you can add your own reactions to the kitchen, i dont know if making food without scripts is broken as scamtank suggested. you can also remove the hardcoded cooking reactions with script usage.

By break the kitchen I meant break the game's balance. If processed food's buffs wouldn't work as a prepared meal you'd have to choose one or the other. And I wasn't aware of difficulties modding food in. Would it work to just make the things technically counted as cheeses (or some other thing with relatively few entries in the stockpile list), and make the reaction that produces them force them to be made out of unique materials with the syndrome attached?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 12, 2016, 05:46:50 pm »

forcing specific materials in reactions is definitly possible.

otherwise, i wasnt so much saying that processed food buffs wouldnt work in meals (tho i have no idea, they may or may not), but that you cant stop the buffs from working in non-meal form, meaning, raw items.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 15, 2016, 12:23:15 am »

I have problem with below code. I added position that should replace bookkeeper when population hits 10( for testing purpose) and when that happens nothing happens.

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:BOOKKEEPER]
[NAME:bookkeeper:bookkeepers]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[NUMBER:1]
[REPLACED_BY:TREASURER]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ACCOUNTING]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[PRECEDENCE:180]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:1]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:1]

[POSITION:TREASURER]
[NAME:treasurer:treasurers]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ACCOUNTING]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:10]
[PRECEDENCE:180]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:4]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:300]

Similar situation here. I just copied it from expedition leader/major and removed their jobs and when population reaches 10 nothing happens and village elder doesn't became chief.

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:VILLAGE_ELDER]
[NAME:village elder:village elder]
[SITE]
[REPLACED_BY:CHIEF]
[PRECEDENCE:142]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]

[POSITION:CHIEF]
[NAME:chief:chiefs]
[SITE]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:9]
[ELECTED]
[PRECEDENCE:103]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]

Any idea what is going on ? I want to add deficulty to nobles (basically creating tiers which progressively demand more stuff.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 15, 2016, 06:09:53 am »

The game doesn't check whether the nobles should be replaced until the end of the year. Appointing or replacing some position will trigger the check manually.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 15, 2016, 10:15:05 am »

The game doesn't check whether the nobles should be replaced until the end of the year. Appointing or replacing some position will trigger the check manually.

lol and i spent full 2 days testing it out pulling my hair out :D

Thank you so much !

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:51:21 pm by perkel »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 15, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »

So... I need help. In short, certain reactions are not showing up in the proper workshops and I can't figure out why. It's not a header thing, since other stuff in the same files shows up fine. I am, very likely, being a blind imbecile and missing something obvious. Here are the relevant bits:

Spoiler: reaction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entity (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2016, 05:48:21 pm »

Only thing is possibly the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION] tag since it doesn't affect boulders, only GLOBS, THREAD, CLOTH, BARS, DRINKS, LIQUID_MISC, and POWDER_MISC.

I'm also assuming SKILLROCK is a custom material? Your error might have something to do with that instead. Also, I don't see a permitted reaction to create CANNONBALL, only CANNONBALL_SMALL.

Best of luck debugging!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 15, 2016, 05:50:16 pm »

Only thing is possibly the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION] tag since it doesn't affect boulders, only GLOBS, THREAD, CLOTH, BARS, DRINKS, LIQUID_MISC, and POWDER_MISC.

I'm also assuming SKILLROCK is a custom material? Your error might have something to do with that instead. Also, I don't see a permitted reaction to create CANNONBALL, only CANNONBALL_SMALL.

Best of luck debugging!
Skillrock is a custom material, and cannonball and such are being produced fine.

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 15, 2016, 05:53:32 pm »

That's pretty frigging hot. You may want to make it something around 10040 (22.222... celcius) instead of 12000 (1,111.111... celcius)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2016, 06:01:00 pm »

Not PRODUCT_DIMENSION, as a quick test showed me.

Best of luck debugging!
Skillrock is a custom material, and cannonball and such are being produced fine.
I am an idiot and cannonballs are also not showing up. I am completely confused. Furthermore, another reaction consumes the reagents but somehow the product fails to spawn.

Spoiler: Cannonball and its ilk (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Well, managed to make runes be produced... except now a single reaction spawns... 12 pages of items. Wat.

EDIT 2: I think it was the lack of DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT causing the item spam? Still nothing on the missing stuff, really appreciate any help.

EDIT 3: Since I using DFHack stuff, here is my onLoad.ini just in case its that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:38:20 pm by Teneb »

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »

A couple notes, whenever using BARS in reagents, use multiples of 150. A single bar is 150 urists, so it was making 150 runes since you only specified to use 1 urist of a bar. Also, in one reaction you have FLAME_FUEL, and in another you have ITEM_TOOL_FLAME_FUEL.

Have you used SKILLROCK in other reactions? Maybe you're missing a [IS_STONE] tag to denote it as a boulder material.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 15, 2016, 10:36:37 pm »

I'm trying to mod in a cocktail--that is, a kitchen reaction that takes two or more types of liquid/booze as reagents and produces a new drink as output.  Has anybody already done something like this in a mod that I could look at for reference?

The problem I'm running into is that I'm not sure how to manually specify a DRINK, to use as the product, that isn't part of a PLANT definition.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2016, 10:14:16 am »

A couple notes, whenever using BARS in reagents, use multiples of 150. A single bar is 150 urists, so it was making 150 runes since you only specified to use 1 urist of a bar. Also, in one reaction you have FLAME_FUEL, and in another you have ITEM_TOOL_FLAME_FUEL.

Have you used SKILLROCK in other reactions? Maybe you're missing a [IS_STONE] tag to denote it as a boulder material.
Though those were problems, that's neither of the causes. Nor is DFHack, as I tried running the mod without it and the reaction is still missing. I have no idea what's wrong and its driving me crazy.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2016, 12:08:58 pm »

I've got a really quick, simple question regarding this interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
However, when I test this in the arena, the creature won't use the interaction autonomously (it does work when I assume direct control). Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Never mind, found the typo etc.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:23:56 pm by Noobazzah »

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2016, 12:53:21 pm »

I'm trying to mod in a cocktail--that is, a kitchen reaction that takes two or more types of liquid/booze as reagents and produces a new drink as output.  Has anybody already done something like this in a mod that I could look at for reference?

The problem I'm running into is that I'm not sure how to manually specify a DRINK, to use as the product, that isn't part of a PLANT definition.

depends on what your drink is supposed to look like. drinks probably need to be made from plant or creature material to be drinkable. so your choice is basically to either define a cocktail material on every plant that is supposed to be mixable, or to make one or more dummy plants that contain said cocktail drinks as a material.

you would then specifiy the material in the reaction like this [PRODUCT...blabla:PLANT_MAT:SOMEPLANT:SOMEMATERIAL]. dummy plants need not have to biome tokens so they dont show up.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 137