Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201757 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #765 on: April 07, 2016, 05:01:07 pm »

Uh, yeah, that error only happens when I start the game, forgot to add that detail.
Also did Toady take away the paralysis syndrome? My syndrome doesn't seem to want to work
Edit woops I'm blind, the syndrome activation is 1500 :/y
Edjt2 nvm it doesn't activate even at 0 *continues testing on animals* nope, doesn't work for crap. *CONTINUES* NOT EVEN ON A SLOTH?!
*game crashes upon trying to craft* *facepalm...* sigh
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:14:10 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #766 on: April 07, 2016, 05:44:18 pm »

So I updated my game from 42.03 and installed adventure craft, since it has compatibility with .06
Had to change somethings that advcraft changed but now it's mostly working. Except that when i m crafting something my game randomly crashes sometimes, and I'm getting an error:
Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Announcement Token: TRAVEL_ADVISORYWhys this? Also I made a language file with the language creator, but idk where to or how go test it, ID also like to make custom sounds like the dwarfs have.
I get that same thing in the errorlog as well, but I'm fairly sure it's unrelated to crashes.

As for the language file, you can test that by adding it to a custom civilization - just add the [TRANSLATION:X] token to your entity, where X is the name of the language.

EDIT: Is it possible to set a ranged weapon to use a skill other than bow, crossbow or blowgun? I tried giving my custom weapon a THROW skill but it just said "you have nothing left to fire" - after setting it to use the CROSSBOW skill it suddenly worked again. Also the ammo for it got a lot lighter (no speed penalty vs. 0.280 speed with the THROW skill set) after I changed the skill too, is this normal?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:03:45 pm by ZM5 »

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 09, 2016, 12:40:29 am »

How do i mod the walls so that they can be engraved

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 09, 2016, 01:57:44 am »

Can't. Constructed walls aren't in the raws.

May be a DFHack script or something floating around that allows it.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 09, 2016, 02:08:03 am »

Im trying to add Human Tribals to Savage Biomes in my Mod.

And Also giving them Wooden Spears, Blowguns and Bows.

They Won't Show up help! even when removing them from the entity.txt

Maybe because they are copy and pasted from the humans with subterranean animal people?

EDIT:
Forgot to add these.
Spoiler: creature.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entity.txt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:13:48 am by Player111444 »
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #770 on: April 09, 2016, 02:29:14 am »

You're missing the biome token in the entity file itself, along with a site token. If you want them to show up in the wild as well you also need [CLUSTER_NUMBER:X:Y] where X is the minimum size of the cluster and Y is the maximum.

Grondus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:NERD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 10, 2016, 12:07:08 am »

Does anyone know, what are the limits of the new chemistry system? Is it possible to coat an item in something flammable, or make something akin to a frost bomb? (I just noticed the new version a couple days ago and haven't gotten to use it yet.)
Quoth the raven...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 10, 2016, 12:38:11 am »

A Chemist is just another type of scholar. You can't actually do any chemistry type stuff yet. Closest we have is probably the process of turning skins into parchment.

There is the itemsyndrome for DFHack, but otherwise, you cannot poison weapons, or create freezing or flaming weapons without harming the wielder.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 10, 2016, 10:51:37 am »

A Chemist is just another type of scholar. You can't actually do any chemistry type stuff yet. Closest we have is probably the process of turning skins into parchment.

There is the itemsyndrome for DFHack, but otherwise, you cannot poison weapons, or create freezing or flaming weapons without harming the wielder.
You can coat weapons in whatever you want without DFHack. It acts like an improvement (as in, decorations).

Here's a reaction by Deon I keep around to use as a reference when making similar stuff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But a freezing or flaming weapons is DFHack territory for sure.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #774 on: April 10, 2016, 12:57:28 pm »

Would that reaction also cause the effects of poison to take place or is it just for flavor?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 10, 2016, 01:43:53 pm »

Would that reaction also cause the effects of poison to take place or is it just for flavor?
If its contact poison, it should work.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 10, 2016, 01:47:49 pm »

We needed DFHack to get that to work in 0.34 and I don't see what could've changed to make that situation different.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 10, 2016, 01:50:01 pm »

We needed DFHack to get that to work in 0.34 and I don't see what could've changed to make that situation different.
Strange, I don't see anything related to that in his mod (the fall) and I think it works. I'll do some testing.

EDIT: My bad. There is DFHack involved. Its just that there was nothing on the .ini files where you usually set stuff up so I got the wrong impression. My apologies for any trouble my misinformation might've caused.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:53:26 pm by Teneb »

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #778 on: April 10, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »

My game keeps randomly crashing when i'm trying to craft something, sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesn't. idk if its also random anywhere else, but its seems to be consistent when crafting. now i have three reaction files that are different than vanilla. the reaction_other file that was overwritten by adventure-craft, another that i called experiment to grab the reactions that i had in 42.03, shall i put em up? OH also my paralisys doesnt seem to work. its supposed to paralyse them immediately. but nope, it never does.
Edit: Hmm. i may have messed the paralysis thing, ill try to fix it. FIXED IT, i tried to make it to affect all tissue by adding this to it:
Code: [Select]
:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALLEdit 2: after further analysis, the extra reactions i have in the experiment one is some testing reactions that make anything a helm and i can make nearly anything (limit from the shipped product? the limit is only those that are listed can be made from anything) and the surplus thing is from Max's WanderLust 42.XX mod https://github.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/blob/master/WanderLust-42.xx/reaction_other.txt, i just wanted the reactions so i copied em over.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:17:15 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 10, 2016, 03:03:18 pm »

Is there a way to prevent worldgen slabs to be made from a certain inorganic material? I keep getting stuff like "magic missle slab" and amusing as that may be, it may cause problems like the slab instantly melting when it enters the screen in either mode.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 137