Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201532 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1575 on: February 04, 2017, 03:58:16 am »

Well, there's a machine class in /library/include/df/machine.h, which has a cur_power member, so perhaps if I decrease that I can create the effect of a component drawing off power. Same with a machine creating power, I can just increase that member, I think.
There's already a DFHack thinger to allow for workshops to use power...

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 26, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »

PTW.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1577 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32:39 am »

What's the coolest way to convert ice blocks into drinkable water? And which workshop should do it?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:29 am »

What's the coolest way to convert ice blocks into drinkable water? And which workshop should do it?

Boulder of ice, bucket of magma, barrel.
At. A. QUERN.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 01, 2017, 08:59:29 am »

is joint a hardcode ?
if not, can someone help me example of modding hard material into creature joint ? i just dont like the joint part getting smashed open so easily but i want creature still have joint part.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 01, 2017, 07:26:50 pm »

So I am starting to get back into raw modding and I realize I am not only way behind (last time I heavily modded was in 0.34), but I also have forgotten many of the simple things. So here's a couple questions for body making;

1. Can a body part have multiple CATEGORY tokens?
2. If I attach a foot to a right leg, but don't specify RIGHT on the foot (but do on the leg) will the foot be treated on the right side of the body too?
3. Is there a way to pass names from one body part to another (in separate BODY declarations), so if I have a quadruped with all their legs named, could I just make a foot body part and have those automatically be named?

I think all my other questions I found answered on the wiki.

EDIT: Here's another one, is there any way to make a body part only attach a single other part with the correct CONTYPE/CON_CAT instead of all of them?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:30:42 pm by Roses »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 01, 2017, 09:41:13 pm »

1. I have not had success with multiple categories, I think the time I tried it just went with the first and ignored the rest.
2. I used this trick with my adventurer races to let me wear gauntlets I crafted since they come without handedness, just connect them properly to the rla/lla or rll/lll and name them right hand/left hand/right foot/left foot instead of putting the
/
tags in there.
3. I think fingers work kinda like this, where the definition is usually just STUFF:5_FINGERS:STUFF but it puts fingers on both hands properly because it just slaps them onto any [GRASP] unless you do the 5_FQ_FINGERS where it looks for [CON:RH] and [CON:LH], so with feet you could do like, [CON_CAT:QUAD_LEGS] and use that category?

4. Only with [CON:*specific part*] as far as I know, maybe creature variations could help?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1582 on: March 02, 2017, 05:49:05 am »

is joint a hardcode ?
if not, can someone help me example of modding hard material into creature joint ? i just dont like the joint part getting smashed open so easily but i want creature still have joint part.

Try using some durable material instead of SINEW_TEMPLATE :
Code: [Select]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
   [TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 02, 2017, 06:25:09 am »

i have done it still nothing change the wrist ankle still smashed open.
but the tendon and ligament look fine though.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 02, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »

I recall getting the idea for this from Sparking! and it worked pretty well last time I checked:
[SELECT_MATERIAL:MUSCLE]
     [PLUS_MATERIAL:SINEW]
   [PLUS_MATERIAL:CARTILAGE]
   [PLUS_MATERIAL:NERVES]
[IMPACT_YIELD:350000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:595000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:350000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:595000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:100000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:170000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TORSION_YIELD:100000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:170000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:100000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:170000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[BENDING_YIELD:100000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:170000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 02, 2017, 02:13:52 pm »

1. I have not had success with multiple categories, I think the time I tried it just went with the first and ignored the rest.

Darn, what about multiple CON_CATs? I know I can just make multiple body parts, would just be easier do multiple connections

EDIT: Also, does it give an error if it can't find a body part to attach to or does it just skip that part?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:30 pm »

Well shit I have no idea if con/con_cat/con_type could be set like that to failover until a valid match is found.

I think it gives an error if you try to specify a connection without it being there, but I'm waiting on food to get here so my brain thunk good time low it be.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 02, 2017, 08:18:50 pm »

Well shit I have no idea if con/con_cat/con_type could be set like that to failover until a valid match is found.

I think it gives an error if you try to specify a connection without it being there, but I'm waiting on food to get here so my brain thunk good time low it be.

I'll have to try it when I get a chance in a couple weeks.

Here's another simple one, what happens if I define a material (either using USE_MATERIAL/USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE or in a BODY_DETAIL_PLAN) and then don't assign it anywhere? For instance I know that for birds we remove the material hair and add feathers, and for snakes we remove hair, skin, and leather and add scales. But what if you didn't remove/add those materials and just had them all together in one BODY_DETAIL_PLAN?. The STANDARD_MATERIALS in the raws includes the GIZZARD, but as far as I am aware only certain creatures actually make use of it and it's not removed from those that don't use it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 02, 2017, 08:49:46 pm »

Yeah, it just gets ignored in those cases, I did that with the Slaves to Yisun: Chapter 1, Reach HFS Through Violence (Kill Six Billion Demons) mod I've got baking, added multiple small/internal limbs which use a material with better weapon properties and added them in the template before I learned I can just use the tissue:blade, *define it*, tissue_layer:by_category stuff, though after checking demon masks get a b_detail_plan_default.txt entry under my strong_materials and strong_tissues plans which are also used by several other critters that don't end up with a mask.

Oh yeah! You can assign materials and even swap them out with c_variation_default.txt lines, have it go through and look for body_detail_plan master and standard_materials target then swap it for strong_materials and it just fucking works, boom.

I used these because I wanted certain features of the bone templates with the steel properties so it was easier like this instead of just having it use steel directly, but yeah, tossed these in a creature variation like the animal person ones and pow, it spits out a totally swapped over material critter:
[CV_NEW_TAG:USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:STEEL_BONE_TEMPLATE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKULL:STEEL_SKULL_TEMPLATE]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN]
[CVCT_TARGET:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:STRONG_TISSUES]
[CV_NEW_TAG:USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:STEEL_TEMPLATE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKULL:STEEL_TEMPLATE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:BODYGLOSS:LEATHER]
[CV_NEW_TAG:BODYGLOSS:SKIN]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN]
[CVCT_TARGET:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:STRONG_MATERIALS]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:53:27 pm by Max™ »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 03, 2017, 12:49:14 pm »

Interesting, I have been meaning to fiddle around with creature variation templates more. I remember a long while back there was an effort by someone (I have forgotten who) to make virtually everything in a creature a CV so you have extra large CV files but creatures are very short and simple. I liked the idea, maybe something more in the middle though. Like putting attacks in the CV file since a kick is a kick is a kick, would turn all attacks in creatures into one liners. (Actually I just checked there are attacks in the CV file already but they aren't used in the animals, strange)
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 137