Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201650 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1410 on: October 05, 2016, 10:45:52 am »

With no usage hint, creatures will use the interaction at every given chance.
I just kind of assumed that since people said necromancers only raise in combat, that it defaulted to USAGE_HINT:ATTACK
You're both right.  No usage hint means "use whenever possible" but recent versions of DF only seem to consider interactions during combat.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:09 pm »

With no usage hint, creatures will use the interaction at every given chance.
I just kind of assumed that since people said necromancers only raise in combat, that it defaulted to USAGE_HINT:ATTACK
You're both right.  No usage hint means "use whenever possible" but recent versions of DF only seem to consider interactions during combat.

Somewhat related to the escalation system? Unlike days of yore where every fight was to the death, and dwarves anxiously held their beards to strike whatever hostile enemy in sight, to be honest what kind of alternative use would a zombie have other than the fodder they were intended for to a necromancer? (with any hope the magic arc and servant races might open that up).

Im out of touch with df coding after a break for a few months until the new release can pique up my interest to try some new ideas and explore some new interactional/location subjects and summary modding. I might be missing something as to trying to shake off the rust but [CANNOT_UNDEAD] mixed in with a [NOT_LIVING] race (rather than [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]) if well built in a creature enough (spooky scary skeletons/sentient undead) be functional as a civ?

All in time for halloween too, might polish off the dust.  :D

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 07, 2016, 02:20:07 pm »

What are the options available to restrict vanilla functionality in the game (like say access to make bridges or rock doors)? Is it still pretty much reliant on some DF hacks?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:34 pm »

Don't think you can restrict those without dfhack, no. Maybe remove the labors that would have made them available, say if there are no masons then there's nobody to make rock doors and finish stone bridges. That would restrict everything else they would get from masonry as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 08, 2016, 01:09:50 am »

It might be better to restrict architecture labour instead and give replacement buildings for the furnaces/archery targets/what have you.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 09, 2016, 06:11:36 pm »

It might be better to restrict architecture labour instead and give replacement buildings for the furnaces/archery targets/what have you.
That would be close, but the trade depot needs architecture and you can't replace that.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 09, 2016, 08:48:47 pm »

I wanna see if I can make the kobolds speak an actual language. Do I just remove the [UTTERANCES] tag and figure out how to make and give them a language? Also, can I change the lifespan of the sentient races or is that hardcoded? If I can change it, where is it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:50:47 pm by Asin »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 09, 2016, 09:02:28 pm »

I wanna see if I can make the kobolds speak an actual language. Do I just remove the [UTTERANCES] tag and figure out how to make and give them a language?
In entity_default.txt, give them a translation tag. And give them a "language_KOBOLD.txt" file.

Also, can I change the lifespan of the sentient races or is that hardcoded? If I can change it, where is it?
In "creature_standard.txt" you can change the minimum and max lifespan of the civilized races with the MAXAGE tag.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 09, 2016, 09:12:26 pm »

I wanna see if I can make the kobolds speak an actual language. Do I just remove the [UTTERANCES] tag and figure out how to make and give them a language? Also, can I change the lifespan of the sentient races or is that hardcoded? If I can change it, where is it?
For the lifespan: [MAXAGE:X:Y]. After X there is a chance that the creature can die of old age. It gets higher the closer to Y it gets. If there is no MAXAGE, then the creature is ageless, like elves and goblins. As for language, it's an entity-level token. [LANGUAGE:WHATEVER]. WHATEVER references a [LANGAGUE:WHATEVER] object in one of the language files. Create your own if need be, though you may want to go with something like DFLang.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1419 on: October 15, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »

Ive been trying to make a poison that makes sure that it paralyzes the target completely, without making them suffocate (by removing their need for oxygen), but for some reason the poison doesnt work on certain creatures. now im thinking that it doesnt do so because of their size, is this true?

with the racoon, it works, it has a tiny body.
with the raccoon man it happens instantly aswell.
With a reindeer sow it happens in a little while, around... maybe 10-13 steps at 1.00 step speed
A rhinocerous: at around 13 steps aswell

Ill update this with the creatures i test it on aswell later on
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:27:39 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 15, 2016, 04:23:38 pm »

Ive been trying to make a poison that makes sure that it paralyzes the target completely, without making them suffocate (by removing their need for oxygen), but for some reason the poison doesnt work on certain creatures. now im thinking that it doesnt do so because of their size, is this true?

with the racoon, it works, it has a tiny body.
with the raccoon man it happens instantly aswell.
With a reindeer sow it happens in a little while, around... maybe 10-13 steps at 1.00 step speed
A rhinocerous: at around 13 steps aswell
Are you using START or ABRUPT_START? Also, just to be sure, you aren't using SIZE_DILUTES right?

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1421 on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:31 pm »

I am using ABRUPT_START, but for some creatures it doesnt seem to affect them much or even at all.
Also, no, i am not using SIZE_DILUTES

I probably should put up the syndrome up huh?
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:TEST]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BIRD_SOLARI:ALL]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BIRD_SOLARI_TRUE:ALL]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BIRD_SOLARI_REPTILE:ALL]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:2000:START:100]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:8000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:5500:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:0:ABRUPT_START]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:95000:BP:BY_TOKEN:TISSUE:ALL:START:110]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:2000:START:0:ABRUPT_START]

The NOBREATHE tag is because they suffocate at the paralysis, so its there to prevent that, and i am sadistic as this is pretty much a torture poison. I was not sure if the START couldnt be next to the ABRUPT_START, so i put in both, im sure thats not the problem... right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:06:48 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 15, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

Have you tried with only one? Does your errorlog say anything?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 16, 2016, 06:38:47 am »

I've been trying to make a clay brick making reaction, but my modding knowledge is pretty sparse. I know [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT] won't work because boulder just isn't a useable item token in adventure mode.

So tried a few replacements:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reagent A is always "No available item." B and C are fine. There was this fairly old thread; I gleaned the issue was with finding an appropriate item token which looks to be the vague NONE, as opposed to rock or glob which were pretty specific.

All help much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 06:53:30 am by peasant cretin »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 16, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »

Does anyone know which item token milk uses? I need it for a reaction. LIQUID_MISC?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 137