Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201808 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1230 on: July 19, 2016, 06:41:10 pm »

Actually, the problem was that it wasn't producing any stakes, which lead me to assume there was some sort of problem to begin with. Hopefully now it'll be fixed. Just wanted to check in before I go testing things.

Time to gen up a new world. Sort of a shame, since I had a really good one too...

Actually if im not mistaken, i think reactions can be changed during the game as long as you save and re-enter. I remember hearing about that once. Just starting a new world to be sure though would be helpful.

The size of the log to the size of the stakes might have been a issue. Is there anything on your error log?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 19, 2016, 06:57:01 pm »

Actually, the problem was that it wasn't producing any stakes, which lead me to assume there was some sort of problem to begin with. Hopefully now it'll be fixed. Just wanted to check in before I go testing things.

Time to gen up a new world. Sort of a shame, since I had a really good one too...

Actually if im not mistaken, i think reactions can be changed during the game as long as you save and re-enter. I remember hearing about that once. Just starting a new world to be sure though would be helpful.

The size of the log to the size of the stakes might have been a issue. Is there anything on your error log?

Nothing pertinent to the reactions. It was just complaining about some outdated adventure-related tags and a couple typos in one of the castes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 19, 2016, 08:40:29 pm »

Okay Fantasticdorf, I just tested your suggestion, and you need
Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:HELM:MASK:INORGANIC:BRONZE]instead of armor.
And also thank you for the Colossus tissue idea.

Whoops. Knew it was something like that. No problem.

In hindsight you might want to supply a variant of bronze (with a higher melting point) in the case that the fireballs it ejects melts itself, also would make the mask more unique and valuable.

Actually, the bronze is fine from the fireball naturally, and I figured that since dwarves can't normally obtain fitting masks outside of moods it was valuable enough already.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:09 pm »

Spoiler: reactions A (click to show/hide)

The above reactions seem to work fine apart from using too much charcoal - 2 instead of just one as intended. I'm also unsure if the copper bar is being consumed or not. The below, however, I'm unsure if they're working right. They're taking the right materials, but I didn't get any weapons back.

Spoiler: reactions B (click to show/hide)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »

Get rid of reagent B:s in the A-reactions. They're pulling double duty with the [FUEL] tag. As for the copper thing, the reactions are using only 1/150th of a bar each time. Notice how reagent B calls for 150 coal, not 1?

The B-reactions should be okay. Are all those new weapons themselves defined right?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 20, 2016, 01:11:19 pm »

Is it possible to add new furniture to the game now? I think I read something confirming that, but now I can't find the thread and I have no idea how to go about doing this.

My game giveaway

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 20, 2016, 02:08:09 pm »

Is it possible to add new furniture to the game now? I think I read something confirming that, but now I can't find the thread and I have no idea how to go about doing this.

That is in relevance i think to item tools being classed as [FURNITURE], there are no distinct availibilties to mod in new actual furniture types in line with beds and boxes.

However you can mod in existing furniture types (etc a statue, table, box etc.) to be made out of custom materials in workshop reactions, though it'll retain the base name of the base furniture.

A cloth coffin will still be a coffin, while a metal coffin is a sarcophagus etc.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 20, 2016, 02:42:44 pm »

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: This bit here produces a 'nothing' with a blank tile:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anybody understand why?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:45:37 pm by overseer05-15 »

My game giveaway

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 20, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »

Do you actually have a body part plan defined for your [body:Trex]? That might lie with the problem of it not physically manifesting. Try looking through the error log.

You can find the existing body parts relevant to those tokens inside 'body default', so your creature for T-rex and other tyrannosaurs/bipedal upright creatures connect in the right places off the same plan for that branch of dinosaur if you so choose. And if you have already done this, we'd like to see your T-rex (and tissue ideally) template if you could show us just to clarify if the game is having a easy time reading the raws but a harder time understanding what is demanded of the creature to manifest physically.

• It does not have a max-age despite having a maximum growth pattern of 1000 years = 300000, that is a oversight, seems a bit copy and pasted from dragons if you dont mind me making the remark.

Otherwise that's a very nice (if a tad overpowered, you might want to set it to a semi-megabeast so there are more of them in the world to actually simulate a population rather than a small handful that die out unless that 1000 year lifespan comes into play) creature design you have there to use. Ungainly huge and bloodthirsty (not to mention also rare) dinosaur.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 20, 2016, 08:04:04 pm »

dorf, I checked everything that you said, and everything seemed to be in order, and I proofread it again before making this post, and I found the issues:
CASTENAMEneeds to be
CASTE_NAMEand
CREATURE_TILE:Rneeds to be
CREATURE_TILE:'R'
and now I feel stupid :P

Also yeah most of this is copied from dragons, there is a [body:Trex], and I forgot about the lifespan.

My game giveaway

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 21, 2016, 08:38:50 pm »

Two DFHack questions:

1: What would I type in to show up all the things I have at my disposal from DFHack? I remember I used to type something in and it showed tons of scripts and such.

2: What would I type in to make a child grow into an adult?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 21, 2016, 11:21:40 pm »

So I'm trying to make a giant cave spider man adventurer (partially because I was too lazy to find the dragon or hydra entries)
would this code work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do imagine the gaits are gonna be weird since I copied them and don't know enough about those numbers (read: I know nothing about them) to change them

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 21, 2016, 11:22:52 pm »

Two DFHack questions:

1: What would I type in to show up all the things I have at my disposal from DFHack? I remember I used to type something in and it showed tons of scripts and such.

2: What would I type in to make a child grow into an adult?

1. ls

2. lua dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().relations.birth_year=df.global.cur_year-13

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:54 am »

So I'm trying to make a giant cave spider man adventurer (partially because I was too lazy to find the dragon or hydra entries)
would this code work?

When trying to design exotic creatures, its usually good practice to look for comparative creatures. I can tell you that your coding is 'misguided' but first lets look at what a 'aboveground' spider-person would look like.

[CREATURE:BROWN_RECLUSE_SPIDER_MAN]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:SPIDER_BROWN_RECLUSE]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:STATE_NAME]
[CVCT_TARGET:brown recluse spider]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:brown recluse spider man]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:STATE_ADJ]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:SYN_NAME]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE]
[CVCT_TARGET:SPIDER_BROWN_RECLUSE]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:BROWN_RECLUSE_SPIDER_MAN]
[APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]
[GO_TO_END]
[SELECT_CASTE:MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:brown recluse spider man:brown recluse spider men:brown recluse spider man]
[SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE]
[CASTE_NAME:brown recluse spider woman:brown recluse spider women:brown recluse spider woman]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:PUNCH_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:KICK_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:MOUTH_BITE_VENOM_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[GO_TO_START]
[NAME:brown recluse spider man:brown recluse spider men:brown recluse spider man]
[DESCRIPTION:A person with the head and arms of a brown recluse spider.]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:3]
[MAXAGE:60:80]
[CREATURE_TILE:'s']
[COLOR:6:0:0]

Where you have 'gone wrong' is that you've tried to umberella term giant cave spiders to a template that can't take them and make them usable in the desired way. The animal men templates are meant to be applied to savage biomes (as on the bottom of the variation code), and in this respect you can see in the raws for the subterrean that all animal men created below ground were done by hand. There are no savage biomes underground so its a little borked.

Doing this amphromorphisation of giant cave spiders lends itself to a number of creative avenues, you could create anything from nerubians (if you get the WoW reference) to spider-centaurians (people with the lowerbody of a spider, bodyglossed with abdomen and the upper 2 armed body of a human) etc. Whatever you wish as long as it anatomically and functionally works.

The first half of  what you were doing prior to the creature variational token was entirely correct (if you want to identify it as 'man' anyway rather than a intelligent creature like a trogg/troll), i recommend asking further questions and doing a little research into making your own body types, so you can shortcut a template quickly for your giant cave spider, then tweak the size/relative sizes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:32 am »

Welp I'm clearly out of my league here.... like incredibly
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137