Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108235 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Only the bite, and he only hit on a claw attack.

Also, in combat healing with cure light wounds is... really inefficient. First thing I'm looking into when we can buy/make gear is getting a wand for out of combat healing))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Yes, this is why I most definitely mentioned it in an earlier post. And to top it "they are not sent back to their home plane until reduced to a number of negative hit points equal to or greater than their Constitution score." which means that it takes until he's damaged to -13 in an attack to be sent to his home plane immediately. There may be a different reason to not allow sticking to negative points for longer than a turn, but I'm not sure about that.))

Keep using that Lifelink until Arioch down to 10 HP!

((If anybody has healing spells or potions to chuck at me or Vorlak, now would be the time, heh. We need Ratatosk down quickly because I'm planning to dismiss Vorlak and replace him with some summoned monsters at the rate he's taking damage.

Also a question to Highmax. Vorlak's attacks had a trip in them, that was rolled. Correct?))
((It's been a while since I had the chance to post, so forgive me for forgetting))
Vorlak fades back in as Arioch uses his power to keep him there. Arioch takes the excess damage +1 to keep Vorlak at 1hp. ((I think that sends you to 26hp Arioch))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((That would be accurate. I'm tallying the numbers on my side too.))

Beads of sweat visibly perspire on Arioch's grunting face, his eyebrows lowered in an intimidating manner.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*points to his attack on the last page, in case it got lost*))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 4: Battle of White Stone Cavern
« Reply #1279 on: September 03, 2016, 11:11:42 am »

((*Pokes Highmax in the eye*))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 4: Battle of White Stone Cavern
« Reply #1280 on: September 03, 2016, 11:58:40 am »

((Apiks said he'd use his Lifelink to keep Vorlak at 1 HP, right?))

Jehane takes a 5 foot step away from the wererat attacking her. If possible, set up flanking with someone against Ratatosk, then Power Attack him!
You do so and swing your massive blade at the champion. (4+6-1) He blocks the attack with his blade.

((*Pokes Highmax in the eye*))
Suddenly, Martijn feels a sharp pain in his eye. -4 to perception checks until the end of this encounter

Kylie fires an arrow at the wererat and misses (what is with me rolling 4 to hit suddenly?)

Varg swings his axe at the wererat he's mauling and hits, dealing (11) damage to it. The wererat is now bloodied as it starts to panick and shreik in horror at the ferocity of the werewolf.

Bjern slams his fists into the ground and points as large chunks of stone fly out towards the wererat that Varg is attacking. He lets out a sneeze as the rocks smash into him and dust flies around, dealing (11) damage. The wererat looks barely hurt by this.

Daku Baku continues his rampage

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 04, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »

BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!
Daku's thought process is this, as he initiates yet another set of incredibly brutal and savage attacks against Ratatosk (Power Attack, Flurry of Blows, Hellfire Strike)

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 10, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »

BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!
Daku's thought process is this, as he initiates yet another set of incredibly brutal and savage attacks against Ratatosk (Power Attack, Flurry of Blows, Hellfire Strike)
(6+7+2-1) (12+6+2-1) (3+6+2-1) You hit with only one punch, dealing (2+7+2+3) damage. He is now looking hurt as he is now bloodied.

Martijn begins his turn

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 10, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »

Martijn bows sarcastically at the injured ratman, hoping to draw its attention. On the rise, one of his splayed hands releases the blade hidden behind it.

((He just throws another silver dagger, basically.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**
« Reply #1284 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:14 pm »

Due to many factors, I am ending this game

Main one is my schedule really sucks with trying to run two games of D&D, with one of them being IRL, having classes and working 30+ hours every week. It really sucks because I feel like it isn't fair to you guys who go out of their way to try and keep up with this but meanwhile, I can't even keep it interesting.

That brings me to point two. I have no idea why I decided to follow through with this kind of setting, but after working with it, I realize that settlement building and diplomacy building really doesn't sit right with me. I know some people really do like that kind of game, but bay12 really doesn't make it as fun as it is in RL, not to mention the whole theme doesn't really fit.

Another point is I am not used to pathfinder at all, being that my experience as DM is only 4e and 5e. That clearly shows with some of the encounters I brought up (Ratatosk was supposed to be tough, but the fact his damage output is too high, it really seems ridiculous). I like having custom monsters and such, but since there are not only rules to follow in pathfinder but the fact to do so is 100x harder than 4e's monsters were (and they were hard to make) it really felt like I wasn't going to do much outside of using pre-made monsters and such.

I will not mention the last point. I really tried, but I don't see any reason to continue this. I'm going to lock the thread once I figure out how to so people don't see this, thinking the title is a joke in game and PTW without reading the rest of the thread (or this post).

I may start a new game in the future, but it will NOT be pathfinder. And it will have to be during a long break or when school is done.

Again, really sorry, but this needed to be done

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**
« Reply #1285 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »

Well, that's a shame. I'll have to bring Ritiki back some other time; in a different sort of setting, roleplaying as a merchant could be really fun.

If you edit the OP, there should be an option to lock the thread.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]