Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do we deal with the wererats?

Scare them into the deeper parts and cave in parts of the cavern, sealing them in
Take out their leaders and try to convince them to surrender
Slaughter them all
Ignore them and look elsewhere
Other (post and specify)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86

Author Topic: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - **CANCELLED**  (Read 108371 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pathfinder: A Call To Arms - Chapter 2: Under Siege
« Reply #1080 on: June 16, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »

Martijn starts as he was graciously lowering himself down to rest, and says

I...I can't say it doesn't discomfort me to see, but your magic is not the bold, earth moving power that some possess. I can see it as being wonderful, and useful. The world is a better place for it, but I, alas, can not enjoy it fully for what it represents.

Looking uncustomarily sad, Martijn attempts to get comfortable.

I think I'll rest near the front of the deck, if you don't mind. I prefer the wind on my face.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 17, 2016, 01:32:37 am »

((I wonder if Jehane just won the prize for 'first afflicted lycanthrope in the party' >_>))

Jehane can't resist a faint smirk at Arioch's continue use of her old name and assumed gender. Resting against the side of the boat, she drags an iron pot out of her backpack and creates water in it, using the fresh water to rinse her mouth out thoroughly and wash the last of Varg's blood off her face so she stops looking like a bad attempt at a vampire.

"Power is. A kindly old wizard who delights children with illusions at festivals and a cackling-mad lich who'd rain fire and acid on those same children use the same power. Those Iscaarian bastards utilize the power of a divine the same as the priests of your Desna. Whatever the source, it is for each person to choose how they use the power they possess. Someone or something possessing greater power then you is terrifying, that I grant you."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:32:58 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 17, 2016, 03:02:44 am »

((That'd be funny.

Arioch calls Jehane, James because she didn't want it publicly known, no? And there are crew members on the boat.))

"You know what the wizards say. It's a tool just like a sword is. And it's not the swords that kill people, rather it's the wielders."

While Ritiki tends to Jehane and Martijn, Arioch makes sure Varg is okay.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 17, 2016, 05:08:05 am »

((No, she's fine on the gender thing. She's keeping the brand hidden, and would rather that isn't talked about.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 17, 2016, 06:23:40 am »

((I wonder if Jehane just won the prize for 'first afflicted lycanthrope in the party' >_>))

Jehane can't resist a faint smirk at Arioch's continue use of her old name and assumed gender. Resting against the side of the boat, she drags an iron pot out of her backpack and creates water in it, using the fresh water to rinse her mouth out thoroughly and wash the last of Varg's blood off her face so she stops looking like a bad attempt at a vampire.

"Power is. A kindly old wizard who delights children with illusions at festivals and a cackling-mad lich who'd rain fire and acid on those same children use the same power. Those Iscaarian bastards utilize the power of a divine the same as the priests of your Desna. Whatever the source, it is for each person to choose how they use the power they possess. Someone or something possessing greater power then you is terrifying, that I grant you."
((Technically, Varg is))
((That'd be funny.

Arioch calls Jehane, James because she didn't want it publicly known, no? And there are crew members on the boat.))

"You know what the wizards say. It's a tool just like a sword is. And it's not the swords that kill people, rather it's the wielders."

While Ritiki tends to Jehane and Martijn, Arioch makes sure Varg is okay.
He's passed out, but after Jehane shoddily patching him up, he's fine
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 17, 2016, 06:34:19 am »

((He's a natural lycanthrope though, isn't he? Full control of the changing and 10/silver DR.

Also: Not surprised Varg passed out. Battlefield 'surgery' without the benefit of anesthetic or being able to get him drunk as hell first had to HURT.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 17, 2016, 07:42:18 am »

"Everything seems to be fine. Let's get going back to camp."

Perception check.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 17, 2016, 11:32:21 am »

"Everything seems to be fine. Let's get going back to camp."

Perception check.
(CRIT) You, quite literally, smell a rat. You're glad you're heading out now.

The crew goes down the current of the river at a speed that, you're fairly certain, that no rat or wererat could keep up at.

You make it back and are greeted by Kylie standing on the shore preparing the body of a large animal you can't quite tell. It's as big as the Badgers and seems to be smaller in body structure, but only be a bit.

"Welcome back. Did some hunting with a few others while you were gon-"

She's cut off seeing the passed out Varg, and she goes over and casts cure wounds on him, closing up his wounds. He's still out like a light.

"What happened?"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 17, 2016, 11:40:55 am »

"You know, the usual. Big snakes, small snakes, a bit of sickness, a bit of magic.

More importantly, get the ingredients and tell the herbalist to start preparing the medicine. Also tell Ewan to strengthen the defenses tonight. I smelled a rat a while ago, and I don't think it was Ritiki. They might be planning something.

If you do insist on the details, ask Martijn. I'm sure he'd love it if you nursed him back to health."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:24 am »

"I'll have you know that I bathe regularly. It was most likely one of the wererats, though I did not catch it myself."

((Or maybe I did, who knows.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 18, 2016, 01:07:32 am »

"I'm sure he would, Arioch." She gives a look that says "typical Martijn" as she shakes her head as she walks with him and Jehane into the caves to find the apothecary with the rest of you coming behind as Njord walks up next to you without you noticing him, with the same wily smirk that he had when he first landed here.

"Welcome back, my good sirs. I trust your voyage has proven fruitful?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 18, 2016, 03:11:00 am »

"The ingredients have been gathered. We saved Varg from a poisonous death. All that's left on today's agenda is the moot.

More importantly than that, there's a snake in the forest the length of the river's width. Venomous apparently too. The problem is that it's close to where we were planning to make camp.

It had scales that not even Vorlak could pierce, and he packs a hefty punch. I need you to formulate possible options of getting rid of it.

Personally I'd love to lead it to the wererat's lair, and that might be possible, but that's still close to the camp. It has to go. Lots of other bit monsters in that forest too."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 18, 2016, 09:27:57 am »

"Would the Worldsnake even be able to enter the wererat tunnels? Something as big as a river would find warren tunnels to be a tight squeeze, to say the least."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 18, 2016, 09:52:13 am »

Despite his fatigue, Martijn raises his eyebrows at Kylie slightly.

So, I just fought off a snake bigger than most buildings. Aren't you going to reward me?

((Dunno if that counts as a bluff or not, given he did fight off one snake....but ran like hell for the other one :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 19, 2016, 10:31:42 am »

"The ingredients have been gathered. We saved Varg from a poisonous death. All that's left on today's agenda is the moot.

More importantly than that, there's a snake in the forest the length of the river's width. Venomous apparently too. The problem is that it's close to where we were planning to make camp.

It had scales that not even Vorlak could pierce, and he packs a hefty punch. I need you to formulate possible options of getting rid of it.

Personally I'd love to lead it to the wererat's lair, and that might be possible, but that's still close to the camp. It has to go. Lots of other bit monsters in that forest too."

Njord ponders for a second, rubbing his clean shaven face as if he had a beard to stroke and then nods.

"I'll ponder on this for a bit. I'll return with some progress hopefully."

Despite his fatigue, Martijn raises his eyebrows at Kylie slightly.

So, I just fought off a snake bigger than most buildings. Aren't you going to reward me?

((Dunno if that counts as a bluff or not, given he did fight off one snake....but ran like hell for the other one :P))
(?) vs (CRIT) Her eyes widen at this.

"And here I thought you would have ran from such a monster. How did you do it?"

((Feel free to lie through your teeth here. The crit will make her believe anything you say))

Njord breaks off to go devise a plan and the apothecaries sees you come by and they jolt up from a very comfortable position.

"I hope this means you have everything we need. I took the liberty of helping Loki with making some planters. I'll get our tools"

They rapidly moves to his bag which is on the other side of the cave and he gets their things. The herbalist, Loki, shows up as well.

"I hope you got some extras with roots. I would like to think we didn't waste time making these and having Njord use magic to help make that thing.."

You look behind and see a bunch of rocks stacked up in a formation with a big rock on it. You hear flames inside and notice a solid breeze dispersing the smoke to the outside.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86